Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

zen-ken

Remo Chemo in DWC

272 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

nord vpn is very good I use ultrasurf which is free that said nord I've herd very good

To the computer illiterate (me) that looks like something I would expect a Viking to say..........or maybe it's double dutch.........:rofl::rofl:

....sorry I'm going away now......

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Good morning Gentlemen (and ladies).....my free VPN is back up again :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup:

I use Windscribe for this...its free (can only use one device) but works really well and easy....they give you 10GB free a month.

(heard very good things about NordVPN being very secure and ExpessVPN is great for MAC)

Thanks for checking in @stu914 and @Davey Jones and sending much love straight back :hippy: :hippy:(will look at the sense but stupidly brought 5ltrs of A + B PlantMagic :wallbash:)

A long update lol.....The bluelab was fucked......I know....I couldn't believe it either!!!!.....went and got the calibration fluid (E.C 2.8 and it was reading 2.2.....0.6 out!!!!!!!! :furious::furious:).

Did the factory reset that the grow shop guy kindly suggested but that failed.....washed it again repeatedly and even gave it to my OCD misses to clean and the best it would read is 2.5 (still 0.3 out)

Very Very pissed (its done one grow) .....I went and brought another one :ninja:....big up the grow shop as they are fantastic people and look after me on prices as he can see mans been unwell. :med:

Read 2.8 straight away upon calibration.

Went to my water (I had just dumped half of it again as wanted to get some PK in it) and it was 1.3 E.C (I'm expecting 0.9 or something after topping up with water) but the PH had stabilised.....You were right badbillybob......I started to notice very early signs of nute burn and they are very dark...God knows what the E.C has been doing but I suspect the problem has been there a while and and I now know why I locked out my HGK (poor girls - i must have cooked them lol no wonder the roots looked so shite)

Suffice it to say E.C calibration and truncheon cleaning is now going to form part of my weekly ritual.

As @badbillybob will testify....missing this kind of range/changes in range using RDWC as oxygenated as I have the solution is playing with fire.....(I must be getting nearer to hyper aerated conditions with fluming, multiple airstones, way way overpowered chiller, 55w heater, overpowered pump and waterfall installed now lol lol lol)

Keep saying to myself ....less is more......less is more......

I dont mind the constant checking TBF.....got nothing to do but bore people on this site  and check me tomatoes otherwise......:med: :oldtoker: lol

But I do very much mind not having the correct information....Im very very anal and the thought of this kind of rookie mistake has driven me wild.

I feel like I am having to re learn my craft again and Im glad for all your help as it it making me a better grower for sure.

Just waiting for lights on and will asses the damage this morning......may have to have to do a snap water change but this is not ideal at the moment.

I can update with a photo now @Dinafem-Mark you will notice the very very different pheno at the back.

Thank you everyone for checking in 

Peace and much love to you and yours

Ken

:hippy::yinyang::hippy:

Edited by zen-ken
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

glad you got it sorted mate. 

don't throw out your old bluelab, you can get replacement tips / sensors for them, and it would be a useful spare.

I also thought they had a 5 year guarantee?

Have you noticed a difference with the waterfall installed now Ken?

Oh and lets see them 

Edited by badbillybob
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

they coming....just resizing and shit

I was thinking about throwing the truncheon back at bluelab but i aint got the receipt anymore and if they start getting difficult with me I won't appreciate it right now lollol

Edited by zen-ken
2 people like this

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Fuckin rammed in it lollol see how different the back left one looks.....wish I had taken a cutting.....she is going to yield like a bitch 

I knew she was different from the beginning......she looked pale blue.

Edited by zen-ken
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The mix i have been using is way way out.....

Its more like PM PK 9-18 0.2ml/litre

cal mag 0.25ml/litre

Silicon 0.25ml\litre

PM A + B 0.5ml/litre

And a little splash of PH down 

PH 5.8 E.C 1.3 (for sure this time lollol)

Edited by zen-ken
2 people like this

Been thinking (dangerous I know) and I am thinking Im gonna do a clone run next time.

Summer sucks to grow so Im thinking I may even sex out some regulars.....

Gonna have to start giving it some thought as its approaching the time to start the next lot off

:yep:

2 people like this

Clones work really well in these systems buddy, but you know that already im sure.

what week of bloom are they on zen-ken?.

2 people like this

Im gonna take this monday as the start of week 5 .....then make it week 5 for two more runs...then 6//7/8 on an old 8 week schedule to make it a 10 week schedule. 

Gonna creep it up to 1.5 E.C by monday then keep it there for a couple of weeks before tailing right back. 

:yep:

3 people like this

Got it sat @ 1.4 E.C and 5.8 PH

Gonna leave it there for now......at least three out of the four are loving the PK addition and increased E.C......the buds have doubled in size since yesterday.

The other 'leggy' one has started to increase its flower size as well so will have to lump it :innocent: :innocent: it aint got anymore room to go up anyway so if it dont like it.......tough lollol

Had a massive discussion about technique/feeding yesterday with my bro (its NFT or nothing for him)....lasted 4 hours.....the only thing we agree on is our best results always come from clone runs.

Fucking po po :police:....I want my Killer skunk, Holy Grail Kush and Sweet Tooth monster mothers back again :blub::crybaby::blub: 

(should have carved that blue remo up for cuttings as she is definitely a keeper - she fucking stinks)

I need to up my game and increase my knowledge before I even contemplate a multi-strain run again.

Peace and much love brothers and sisters

Ken

:smokin:

5 people like this

Smashing it dude, nice one :D 

4 people like this

Great thread man, this one slipped through my fingers for some reason:yep:

I'm running Remo Chemo now in dwc on day 38 of flower, I've found they don't seem to like anything over 1.3 EC or 650 ppm at this stage, not really heavy feeders:yes:

I just skipped through the dairy so I'll have to go back and have a good read as there's lots of good info in here;)

I am toying with the idea of building an rdwc system for the next run and was planning on using a lot of the parts from the Alien website:yep:

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Crentz said:

Great thread man, this one slipped through my fingers for some reason:yep:

I'm running Remo Chemo now in dwc on day 38 of flower, I've found they don't seem to like anything over 1.3 EC or 650 ppm at this stage, not really heavy feeders:yes:

I just skipped through the dairy so I'll have to go back and have a good read as there's lots of good info in here;)

I am toying with the idea of building an rdwc system for the next run and was planning on using a lot of the parts from the Alien website:yep:

Thank you very much and its great to have you on board brother

If you do go RDWC read this thread....its gold and keeps getting better IMO with each member adding/discussing more information to it all the time.

I thought I had it down until I read this and some of potato's diaries as well

As much as I love alien for the pure simplicity and effectiveness of their systems (I would recommend them for a beginner or someone with no budget restrictions without hesitation)...... I would not build a bespoke system using their parts......I know mans gotta make a living but generally their spares are absolutely horrendous in price. 

(they do deliver really quick as well tbf).

For example......inline pro filter $18.......I found it on an irrigation website (with taps and connectors - they guy even made it up for me as well - he well wanted my business) for $10.

Dont get me wrong....if I had a grand spare and was not disabled the RDWC pro would be proudly sat in my space (im not great at building things).(you can get the normal xl system in a 1x1x2 despite what the owner says.....have a look at me pictures....one sat in a 1x1x2 with or without header pot).

If I was going bespoke I would spend the extra money saved on spank me air pumps and sump pumps....get huge multiple air-stones and have waterfalls and flumes in every tote.   

(im still playing with my forced venturi ideas) 

:yep::yep:

Edited by zen-ken
4 people like this