Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TeraLynx

Decarb in honey?

Hey does anyone know if you can use honey instead of coconut oil to decarb using the mason jar method? Also does it matter whether you use a crockpot or a pot of water?

@TeraLynx

The reason to use coconut oil or butter mate is the active chemicals (goodies) are soluble in oil and fat and can be extracted into the oil, honey doesn't have the same properties on its own

@FarmerPalmersNT  has a thread below using coconut oil to infuse into honey you would be better going this route imho

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/385649-infused-honey-the-proper-way/#comment-4871629

1 person likes this

Yeah as @Jimboo says it doesn't really infuse into the honey directly effectively and is a huge waste. Hence the need for an oil and emulsifier.

@Jimboo@FarmerPalmersNTeither one of you know how i would be able to increase the THC mg content in it to be able to have .1 and/or .2mg servings in a edible?

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, TeraLynx said:

@Jimboo@FarmerPalmersNTeither one of you know how i would be able to increase the THC mg content in it to be able to have .1 and/or .2mg servings in a edible?

https://wakeandbake.co/thc-dosage-calculator/

This is a pretty decent calculator. Of course, when you are talking about those low doses you are relying very heavily on your guess at the weed potency, which is unlikely to be accurate. Do you really mean .1/.2mg? Thats a crazy low dose. Even microdosing you'd want 2.5mg as a starting point.

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT
1 person likes this

@FarmerPalmersNTso pretty much I want to increase the amount of flour to oil so like 2:1 because I’m trying to make gummy bears that have two different levels of thc