Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Comrade Stoker

Rice pudding

20 posts in this topic

We had a rice pudding contest tonight, my missus did hers, I did mine. The kids judged it and I fucking lost. Not only did I lose, but my missus ranted at me for adding my homemade coulis, and caramel, saying I was deviating from traditional rice pudding stuff, despite using a Cadbury Flake and Birds Custard in her one.

Mine was a cup of pudding rice, litre of Jersey Milk, 25g of unsalted butter and some condensed milk, with a grated nutmeg on top. Baked in oven for 2 hours 15 minutes at 150, stirred at about an hour in. I made a coulis with frozen berries, sugar and a lemon squeezed, reduced for about 10-15 min. I'm pissed off, how can a Birds Custard and rice, with a Cadbury Flake win a rice pudding contest. Loser has to Joey for 24 hours, including all cleaning and cooking. 

RicePud1.jpg

RicePud20.jpg

RicePudA0.jpg

RicePudB0.jpg

2 people like this

40g rice 1 pint of milk butter few grams of sugar and nutmeg.

hated it since i was a little kid lol

a dinner lady at school forced me to eat it because my mum had paid for it, I threw up on the first mouth full and the mere sight of it has me heaving ever since lol

i should have stayed out of this thread :puke:

Edited by Joolz
1 person likes this

Making rice puddings and fixing old cars, any good with sticky back plastic, bog rolls and a prit stick?

Could get yourself a real badge................or knit yourself a cardigan....with toggles and leather elbow patches......:wassnnme:

:rofl:

Where've you been today @stu914  ?

I've been to the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum, for free.

Back of the net.

1 person likes this

id scoff both them down ...im such a big fan of the rice pud ..jam n all ..skin or no skin ..

kudos to both of you they both have the vince pud seal of approval ..in other words i dribbled a bit .

Yours looks the best to me comrade, although I agree that coulis etc is stretching it a bit........but custard and a flake?

Kids these days , don't know they're born eh....

1 hour ago, Comrade Stoker said:

The kids judged

Custard and a flake was always gonna win lol

i chuck coconut oil and or cinnamon on mine

1 person likes this

in india its called kheer and is delicious made with basmati rice and coconut milk

2 hours ago, Joolz said:

hated it since i was a little kid lol

a dinner lady at school forced me to eat it because my mum had paid for it, I threw up on the first mouth full and the mere sight of it has me heaving ever since lol

i should have stayed out of this thread :puke:

My thoughts exactly!

My mother tried to force me to eat it years ago, even got it cold for breakfast but she decided that maybe I didn't like it by the power barf that followed the first mouthful.  cannot even boil milk on the stove today (some 45 years later) because of that traumatic experience - Latte makes me heave and I have only just started tolerating whipped cream. I cannot drink milk in any quantity and will only eat Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese - everything else is the puke of the Devil!

Bio

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Biokid said:

cannot even boil milk on the stove today (some 45 years later) because of that traumatic

yeah hot milk has the same effect on me lol

can't do coffee with milk either, in fact the only milk i can do is when it's ice cold, bought that day and poured over my frosties lol

1 person likes this

@Joolz The fucker is that I can't even have Frosties because I have Diabetes! Weetabix and All Bran are my limit with just enough milk to make the Weetabix tolerable :(

Bio

weetabix are gross, as kids we used to get them with butter (stork SB )and marmalade on if the milk man was late lol

2 people like this

when i was a lad if you had rice pudding it was @ gran`s house on a sunday  evening,the skin on it was a good half inch thick all my relatives would lapp it up,i myself would fuck off out the gaff sharpish,as for weetabix they would have given me IBS much sooner is what im thinking,i used to call for a mate on the way to school in 1978 he was eating ready break i used to watch him for the first hour to see if he started glowing on the outside,nope he did not glow. :magic:

2 people like this