Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Magicmunchietree

Dry sift V Bubble hash?

36 posts in this topic

Eyup!

I have never made hash before, but I have some trim from my recent harvest and just want some opinions and explanations as to what method people prefer.

Im a yorkshireman, which means I dont want to spend more than I really have to. Id rather redneck something if I could.

If I dry sift, Im going to need at least one or 2 different mircon silk screens (and maybe dry ice). If I do bubble, Im going to need the bag set. 

What is peoples prefernce? So far all I have bought is a T bar pollen presser.

Regards and thanks. 

1 person likes this

I like both.

dry sift is so easy, and suprisingly productive :yep: 

Bubble bags are great to do a bigger amount. 

How much trim have you got? lol 

Edited by the lone deranger

36 minutes ago, Magicmunchietree said:

Im a yorkshireman, which means I dont want to spend more than I really have to

Doesn't get any easier or cheaper than this :yep:

large.simple.JPG

I used an old 170 bubble bag, staples and a basket because i had them lying around.

You could just use an old pair of tights and any cut up container for true low budget, but you can do the same with a screen for a few quid and proper returns.

large.crystal.JPG

Done in minutes from start to finish, including making the thing above lol

Used under on oz of the crapiest trim and shade you've ever seen, and got that ^^^^

If you've got ounces and ounces to process then bubble bags are a good option good too :yep:

3 people like this

@LoneDeranger I has about a carrier bag full of tiny bud, leaf trim and some stuff that shook off when trim bagging, (I do like that method) Not sure on weight. 

Do you freeze your material first before you sift? I am willing to go as far as buying a bubble bag set (around £23) or maybe a couple of screens for dry sifting, which may work out the same. 

I aim to press it all into disk pucks with that T bar pollen press but Id be lying if I said I don't want to press it into a bar, dependant on how much I get. 

I like the look of the bubble bag wash method, to get three nice grades of hash, but dry sifting looks so much simpler. If I get the bag set, I could always use a lower micron bag for a sift however. 

Edited by Magicmunchietree

Really upto you mate @Magicmunchietree If i was you i'd do a small dry sift run with some of the nicer bits. Just one size screen needed. Then bubble the rest.

A carrier bag full would warrant buying bubble bags in my mind, but depends on how full.

Dry sift with dry material only mate. It really is simple and rewarding, but after a carrier bag full you might be cursing me, and wishing you'd just bubbled it :wassnnme:

Bubble bags you can use anything, dry or fresh but it's worth freezing first so the crystals are already frozen when you start the process.

I'll tag you in the how to threads if you want mate.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, the lone deranger said:

I'll tag you in the how to threads if you want mate.

Tag me in bro.....

I might stick to my original plan and get the bubble bag set. Ive watched all YT videos in the world so ill be comfortable doing it. The one bit I never see them do is once they have their dried powdered grades of hash then press it into a mega block or a ball. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Magicmunchietree said:

and get the bubble bag set

sounds like a good plan mate. Are you going 5 mins with a spoon or 30 mins with a blender? The jury's out lol

i would recomend having a go at dry sift in the future with smaller batches.

I do my bubble run in the bath with a couple of 20ltr brew buckets. Keeps the mess contained in the bath, and the shower head helps rinse everything down at each stage.

Not gonna tag you in because they are all pinned at the top of this section lol

Have fun mate :yep:

Bubbles best imo but you need to freeze your material fresh. I only dry sift if I’m running dry material 

5 people like this

@Magicmunchietree viking's right mate, to get the best results use trim or bud frozen from fresh. But you can still use what you've got if it's already dry. Just freeze it befor you do the run :yep:

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, the lone deranger said:

sounds like a good plan mate. Are you going 5 mins with a spoon or 30 mins with a blender? The jury's out lol

Powerdrill with whisk attachment, or I actually might have a more gentle hand blender lying around somewhere. :)

1 person likes this

One last question, the pollen press Ive ordered would that be just for pressing dry sifted kief? Or would it also press ice water bubble hash too? @LoneDeranger @VikingDee

Never used a press, but Both.

With both methods you'll end up with the same end product mate.

Only difference is you've got to dry the bubble befor it looks like ^^^

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, the lone deranger said:

Only difference is you've got to dry the bubble befor it looks like ^^^

Cant wait! Many thanks!!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Magicmunchietree said:

The one bit I never see them do is once they have their dried powdered grades of hash then press it into a mega block or a ball. 

I missed this ^^^ 

Its because that's the hard bit lol 

It's a labour of love hand pressing crystal into a lovely lump. I often cheat and mix it with some bho oil, making a nice sticky black hash without the effort lol 

If you use your press you may need to apply heat.

otherwise all you end up with is pressed together crystal rather than nice hash. 

But there's loads of things and methods to try mate. Some get on better with others. Have a play and let us know how you get on :yep: 

1 person likes this

If you make bubble hash try hard to leave it cure.. So many ppl use straight away.. Its so much better after curing up for a good bit before consuming. People miss out smoking it straight off the bat

. its like smoking quick dried weed IMO and we all know that isn't the best. I treat my hash the sameas I do my flowers..

Do yourself a favour and cure it, you can thank me later.. ;)

6 people like this