Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

twigs

ISO oil

40 posts in this topic

:stoned: hello

whilst i've got the chance ill chuck these up 

first, much respect to all the extract creators here, outstanding top shelf stuff :notworthy: blows me away when i see some of your stuff

ive posted some stuff in the medical thread but never in the hash/oil thread so here goes..

bit of ISO oil for me old broken back..

(which mrs twigs constantly points out every time i say "i broke my back you know"  is no longer broken.. it just aches all the time lol )

Decarboxylation before we kick off 122c for 25-30 mins

large.IMG_0795.jpg

chuck it in a jar

large.IMG_0796.jpg

bit more

large.IMG_0797.jpg

iso alcohol in jar lid on and shake vigorously for a bit then let sit i did this every 5ish min for a total of 30 min

large.IMG_0799.jpg

large.IMG_0800.jpg

got the jug ready

large.IMG_0801.jpg

cheese cloth type clothy thing on top of sieve for filtration

large.IMG_0803.jpg

like so

you can re-run if you want but thats more for if you did a QWISO i didn't because i washed for 30 minutes 

large.IMG_0802.jpg

'green gold'

large.IMG_0807.jpg

large.IMG_0806.jpg

i did another 30 minute wash with some more decarboxylated weed using the same 'green gold' iso.. 

large.IMG_0809.jpg

slow cooker time (no photos..imagen a pot of green gold slightly bubbling around the edge thats what it was..)

after a spell (couple/few hours) in the slow cooker on low in a ventilated area

i got this :stoned:

large.IMG_0816.jpg

large.IMG_0819.jpg

large.IMG_0820.jpg

with 12ml of oil for my back :stoned:

large.IMG_0825.jpg

it helps me sleep i use it in the evening when i need to and the next day my body feels amazing

its great stuff which you can now decant into coconut oil or butter or any sugar, fat or alcohol for rubs and edibles ..

cheers :stoned:

19 people like this

Im going to be trying this guide hopefully next week. Great guide mate really simple. 

I know all are diffrent strergths but.. if u was to mix this oil into coco oil or butter. What ratio would it be? How many Gs to 1ml of oil.

Thanks again

JJ

1 person likes this

cheers dude :stoned:

i think it works out at roughly 1g = 1ml.?

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, twigs said:

Pretty close.

3 people like this

I guess this is exclusively for oral consumption? No dabbing?

Interesting to see you soak for so long, will bear in mind when I make some medicinal oil.

1 person likes this

:stoned: hi dude.. i smoke it, eat it and rub it all over.. 

the only place i dont want it is my eye balls because it stings like a fecker lol

this was made with Disco Biscuit, Kona Sunset, kona Cookie, and spice (shantibaba's not the legal/illeagl stuff) trimmings

and is lovely and strong..

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Graywolf said:

Pretty close.

Hi @Graywolf thanks for posting in here i love your knowledge and your work :stoned:

i take it your still doing your thing..

1 person likes this

Good to hear! I've started off with concentrates to dab but can't wait to make some medicinal capsules and lotions too!

Ahhh jeeez I can't imagine! Rubbing an eye with a sticky finger is bad enough!

Looks good, hows it taste? (I asked how you consume because I thought one wouldn't dab oil that had soaked for that long). Have you tried QWISO  for a comparison?

1 person likes this

Looks awesome  :yep:

I’ve found another filter through coffee filters takes out some fine grit the cheesecloth leaves behind, although it’s not essential depending on what you’re doing with it. Nice work hope it hits the spot!

Edited by PureSmkr
3 people like this

Nicely explained! I always put the solution through a coffee filter but it takes a while for it to filter. If you want 'brown gold' rather than 'green gold' you can leave the solution in a jar exposed to daylight for a day or two and it will turn yellow/brown as the chlorophyll breaks down. Then you don't get that green tinge to the oil. Medically I'm sure it makes no difference, it's more of an aesthetic thing. I used to make oil for med users so I wanted it as clean as possible. As it's for your own meds I suppose it doesn't matter. 

My freezer is full of bags of sugar leaves from the last 6-7 grows just waiting to be cooked up.

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, dingo bingo said:

Good to hear! I've started off with concentrates to dab but can't wait to make some medicinal capsules and lotions too!

Ahhh jeeez I can't imagine! Rubbing an eye with a sticky finger is bad enough!

Looks good, hows it taste? (I asked how you consume because I thought one wouldn't dab oil that had soaked for that long). Have you tried QWISO  for a comparison?

ive been 'dabbing' for almost 20 years but it wasn't called dabbing it was just plain old smoking oil

rubbing on rizla, blobs on bud in a pipe, hot knifes etc ..it was just smoking then i think.?

when you smoke it to me it tastes of heavy dark hash, thick smoke, red eyes lol 

when you eat it it tastes like it looks, dark dark green and quite bitter

the only quick wash stuff ive done is with butane so cant really compare 

cheers dude

2 minutes ago, PureSmkr said:

Looks awesome  :yep:

I’ve found another filter through coffee filters takes out some fine grit the cheesecloth leaves behind, although it’s not essential depending on what you’re doing with it. Nice work hope it hits the spot!

cheers @PureSmkr :stoned:  ive used the coffee filters before dude but found it takes so long to pass through i gave up using them a few runs ago 

but i do agree if you have the patients they do made a cleaner product

i try and leave the sediment in the jug from transfer to crock pot

its wicked strong so am very happy :stoned:

4 people like this

4 hours ago, twigs said:

Sorry il rephrase it lol

Being new to any type of oil how much of this would you have in 1 portion? Ie if you was to make a batch of 12 cookies how much would u use :D

Oh and seriously have u tried putting on ur balls? lol

Atb

JJ

3 people like this

I used to pick up imported oil when I was "in the business" about 25yrs ago and man that shit rocked you hard compared to some of the smoke.

Different times (and stupid really) but it once took me over 7hrs to get to Wilts from Nottingham simply because travelling with caps full of oil is impossible to resist by any smoker, I fell asleep parked up in a small copse at one point.

I stopped selling oil though, at least that's what my customers thought, when in reality I kept all of it and would randomly find a few caps every so often that stayed within close v'close circles lol

Generations later, and this is the simplest run through I've seen for basic oil and I'm sure it'll do me fine.

I currently have a whole tent of Remo that should give up plenty of oil from the fluff and trimmings.

Knowing how well Remo sits with me it should provide good,strong and solid relief, like a part time, body building transgender (m->f) coal mining hooker on speed, who's late for the next shift down t' pits but needs the money.

mmmmmm oil.

Edited by Badbadger
3 people like this

do you only use the cuttings and sugar leaves from a plant to cook oil or do you use the buds also?

2 hours ago, bearukc said:

Nicely explained! I always put the solution through a coffee filter but it takes a while for it to filter. If you want 'brown gold' rather than 'green gold' you can leave the solution in a jar exposed to daylight for a day or two and it will turn yellow/brown as the chlorophyll breaks down. Then you don't get that green tinge to the oil. Medically I'm sure it makes no difference, it's more of an aesthetic thing. I used to make oil for med users so I wanted it as clean as possible. As it's for your own meds I suppose it doesn't matter. 

My freezer is full of bags of sugar leaves from the last 6-7 grows just waiting to be cooked up.

get cooking dude its all good for fun and good meds :stoned:

i find that after the low simmer in the crock pot four hours the oil goes a lovely dark colour

i take some photos later

:skin_up:

2 people like this