Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MD84

How did i kill my plants in NFT?

17 posts in this topic

I think you pretty much got it without me saying @MyDisplayName2000.  Even though i have a net in place my cubes started moving and twisting out of place. So the roots were pulled and spreader mat moved. I think this caused the damage to the leaves that i confused for cal mag def. I topped up the res and gave them a dose of epsoms. This is when the drooping began. The ec was previously about 0.8 and was topped up every 2 days or so as the plants were eating and drinking alot. When i gave them the dose of epsoms they stopped both eating and drinking, i believe the ec stopped this? Together with rising temps......The ec was set to 1.2 but rose to 1.5 when i checked again after the drooping. Of the 3 ladies only one seemed badly affected but as mentioned above if one gets ill they all get ill. I think my main issues were the movement of the cubes and my foolishness in giving them a high feed with epsoms. I'll be breaking out the  bubbler next and getting a water chiller. I found dcw to be much more forgiving than these crappy nft tables.

1 person likes this

What I done was tie down the cubes so they would not move. Even so, I have seen plants lost in NFT and although it can be a great cheap and easy system, it does have its downsides.

Its why I prefer organic soil grows. Each to its pot and if one gets ill then it will not hit the rest.

1 person likes this