Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Idiot At Large

Hello, lets get growing.

41 posts in this topic

welcome aboard ...

1 person likes this

Welcome and all the best with your first grow! Lots of great knowledge and experience on here.... read, read, read!

2 people like this

growing weed for the first time can well make your depression worse if you not careful mate.

I would work on self - development first before you ready-up and really take it lightheartedly to avoid disappointment, especially if you have an attachment to living things and a nurturing personality. ATB

1 person likes this

ATB with the grow mate....Exciting times ahead lol 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, ScapeGoat said:

growing weed for the first time can well make your depression worse if you not careful mate.

I would work on self - development first before you ready-up and really take it lightheartedly to avoid disappointment, especially if you have an attachment to living things and a nurturing personality. ATB

Cheers @ScapeGoat did take a bit of a knock after buying all the stuff and my clones fell through but the thought of starting up is only thing I can get excited about lately.

2 people like this

Lots of good advice here, not least, read, read, read!

As @stu914 says, get your set up running right, make sure your medium is good, don't fuss/stress/tinker too much and keep everything as simple as you can.

Start a diary and you will get a lot of support - great bunch of folks here, helped to get me through my first grow and out the other side with a healthy haul!

A grow can be a bit of an up and down experience, but don't let the lows get to you, they are the best teachers you will have! :smartass: Learning to understand the plants is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.

Good luck! :v:

5 people like this

6 hours ago, Slugums said:

Lots of good advice here, not least, read, read, read!

As @stu914 says, get your set up running right, make sure your medium is good, don't fuss/stress/tinker too much and keep everything as simple as you can.

Start a diary and you will get a lot of support - great bunch of folks here, helped to get me through my first grow and out the other side with a healthy haul!

A grow can be a bit of an up and down experience, but don't let the lows get to you, they are the best teachers you will have! :smartass: Learning to understand the plants is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.

Good luck! :v:

Cheers @Slugums I have had a spot of good luck today as found a hydro shop much closer to me than the one I used previous and I only intended having a browse but spent an hour in there just talking to the bloke. :toldya: Have come home, wrote a shopping list and will be back first thing in the new year!

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Idiot At Large said:

wrote a shopping list

Sling it up here bud and let's see if the hydroshopman knows his stuff...............:yep:

:oldtoker:

8 people like this

hello and welcome to the site lots of useful stuff on here and good chats

1 person likes this

Welcome and good luck with your growing adventures. Let's see the shopping list. 

3 people like this

14 hours ago, stu914 said:

Sling it up here bud and let's see if the hydroshopman knows his stuff...............:yep:

:oldtoker:

He didn't try to sell me anything just having a bit of crack, about what seeds I'm looking to grow, he recommended Critical+ 2.0 - Dinafem and told me about seedfinder.eu

I'm looking at DIYing myself a bubbleponics set up in a 40l tank.

1 person likes this

To be honest (and I'm sure a lot of people will say I'm wrong about this), for a first grow I'd just go mud growing. Germ the seed then put it in a small pot of decent compost, then once the roots have grown, pot up, then repeat until you get to the biggest pot for flowering. Sort any nute problems as they arise, learn about feed, what the plant needs, but potting up with decent compost you won't get many problems. Grow the first plant(s) through like that, just basic mud growing. Then go for the hydro/ponics stuff, once you know how the plant grows :)

Dunno, I'm a shit grower. Compost is easy cos it's forgiving. Hydro or other ponics will get better results, if you absolutely know what you're doing, but there's far less margin for error. You can fuck up badly on your first grow in compost and still save it, it gives more margin for error IMHO - perhaps lesser results, if it all goes well, but a safety net if it's your first time grow.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

To be honest (and I'm sure a lot of people will say I'm wrong about this), for a first grow I'd just go mud growing. Germ the seed then put it in a small pot of decent compost, then once the roots have grown, pot up, then repeat until you get to the biggest pot for flowering. Sort any nute problems as they arise, learn about feed, what the plant needs, but potting up with decent compost you won't get many problems. Grow the first plant(s) through like that, just basic mud growing. Then go for the hydro/ponics stuff, once you know how the plant grows :)

Dunno, I'm a shit grower. Compost is easy cos it's forgiving. Hydro or other ponics will get better results, if you absolutely know what you're doing, but there's far less margin for error. You can fuck up badly on your first grow in compost and still save it, it gives more margin for error IMHO - perhaps lesser results, if it all goes well, but a safety net if it's your first time grow.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from, probably would have been an idea to have started on the simpler and cheaper method however I was promised clones and help which never materialised :thumbdown: 

I am feeling rather confident that once I'm set up I can muddle my way through the first few grows and gain knowledge the only way that works for me, can read all day but without physically doing it I might aswell not have bothered!

Sorry man, that was a really negative post :doh:

This is a good place for advice and you will sort it :)

I'm sure you will do better than just 'muddle' through it :)

Wish you all the best and I know that any questions will be sorted :)

3 people like this

Dont worry about it man I knew what you were getting at... everyone has been very forthcoming with the advice so any issue I come across I'm sure someone will help me tackle. Which is also what I love about this forum.

1 person likes this