Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HornyHaggis

Evening one and all

Hi, I'm Ray, completely and utterly new to all this.

Recently been told I've got a bad shoulder impingement and various other crap going on, pain killers from the quack just haven't touched the surface.

A few good friends have suggested different medicine ;) so here I am. 

Building up my equipment slowly week by week until I get ready to start my "prescription", hopefully 2nd week in jan

Have been searching tinterweb and YouTube for hints and tips, and found this gem of a place last night, so loads of reading etc to do, but I'm thinking a 90x90 Secret Jardin with a 400w led grow lamp, and 4' or 6' extractor filter, as I'll be using my garage, I think I'll need a decent little heater, was thinking about a thermostatic controlled oil filled rad to start with.

As for prescription, will go with an auto flower, prob about 3 at a time in the tent and something absolutely foolproof.  Been told to look at Red Dwarf, but as I say, completely new so loads of research, loads of fun doing it, self satisfaction and pain free sleeps I hope 

cheers and best wishes

Ray 

Edited by HornyHaggis
4 people like this

Hi Ray, Welcome. I remember my excitement when I was starting off, nothing quite beats the first time lol Little tip on those LED's, they may be claiming '400w' but that's not there actual power draw, a 400w unit might draw only 200w so be careful when deciding which light to chose - most good LED's will advertise their 'actual power draw', i've done all HID lights so far but there is an LED sub section with lots of info. 

1 person likes this

@HornyHaggis

Welcome to the boards and your new obsession! 

400w is about right for your space but as already stated it's unlikely that the light you are planning on using is 400w

You have a few options but my recommendation would be a 400w HPS, a 315w CMH or if you are going LED then a DIY COB is your best bet. 

If you are growing in a garage I'd recommend building an insulated room to house your tent otherwise a radiator will struggle in winter and your extraction will struggle in the summer. 

Obviously there are many ways to skin this particular cat and you will find opposite options left right and centre read up pick the options and techniques that make the most sense to you everyone will tell you a different way to do the same thing don't let that confuse you too much. Most of this is about finding your own way to do things. Every grower is different. 

Keep it green 

Edited by NezA
4 people like this

Welcome :smokin:

1 person likes this

welcome aboard mate, hope you enjoy your stay :smokin:

1 person likes this

Welcome :D

1 person likes this

You're in the right place! Welcome and good luck with your grow!

1 person likes this

Ive done side by side HPS and LEDs and found that good LEDs are on a par, if not better than HPS. Thats a massive discussion right there.

Been using Skylines for about a year and love them. I use one 400W unit per plant and got 4.5oz, 8.4oz and 13.4oz from 3 different Autos.

No doubt about it, they really work!

Good luck finding the right strain for your shoulder.... I make canna coconut oil from a good indica (like Auto Night Queen) and a spoon of that in my chai melts the pain away for a few hours.

Good luck, youve found the right place. 

Edited by teehee
2 people like this

Thank you very much folks, very much appreciated.

Yup, been looking at some LED and to be honest, i have a small one for an Aloe Vera plant i have,,, yes,,, vera,,, strange name lol and to be honest, its meant to be 140w but its not that bright lol

i shall google the ones named above, and then wake up tomorrow ,,, so much to take in,,, but so much info available,,, fantastic :)

1 person likes this