Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

YouMust

Spider Mite, Veg

31 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Well, I got a cutting from a pal, and the fucker had spider mite,

I didn't notice and took cuttings which are now mature and in the flower room veggin for a few weeks to fill the clay pots(flood and drain).

I've got some SBPI coming but from what i read this wont be a total solution?

As I'm in veg and not flower, what would be the most robust way of removing them?

Or should I even bin them? well trouble is my mon has them now I cant have a 100% loss :'( I've had my mon for years!

Get some harkers ivermectin pigeon spot treatment online pal and put a few ml in with a litre spray and spray them every other week for 3 days running pal. That sbpi stunts vigour and deforms new growth.

Only had mites twice, both times from gifted cuts, thanks lads! Always reached for a product called Scott's Bug Clear. Firmly falls towards the 'nasty chemical shit' end of the spectrum, but always worked for me (with thrips too.)

I had mites a few weeks ago and i just picked up a mite spray from local gardening center, organic solution used for plants in flower/fruit. After 1 day of the leaves being sprayed i noticed a sticky layer which in turn has obliterated my mites been looking for them eversince but all good so far. 

Its called BUG CLEAR Fruit and Veg GUN.

large.20171209_112421-1195x1593.jpg

Worked for me :)

GL

Edited by JamJar
Picture

oh great thanks guys 

Hoover the plants before you spray!

1 person likes this

I have a constant problem with mites. I haven't shifted them all for years, they just keep reappearing. I seem to knock them right down and I see nothing for weeks, then I spot the tell tale signs. I've used Harkers which seems to really bash them or Provado Bug Killer (concentrate not premixed) which works but you'll need three treatments. With Harkers I add a little washing up liquid or SBPI just to break the surface tension and give better coverage.

I've been hearing there's a breed of super mites turning up in grows which are really hard to shift. Maybe I have super mites. OP , I hope you have normal mites and you can get rid of the little feckers. They are the biggest pain in my grow.

I heard a helpful little tip at the growshop the other day. When cleaning a tent or growspace after you've had spidermites, leave the tent empty for four or five days with the lights (and heaters) still on. This will allow any eggs to hatch so you can get them little sods as well! Seems logical in a man kinda way.

Edited by bearukc
spelling
2 people like this

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

I had mites a few weeks ago and i just picked up a mite spray from local gardening center, organic solution used for plants in flower/fruit. After 1 day of the leaves being sprayed i noticed a sticky layer which in turn has obliterated my mites been looking for them eversince but all good so far. 

Its called BUG CLEAR Fruit and Veg GUN.

large.20171209_112421-1195x1593.jpg

Worked for me :)

GL

To be fair I've tried this product, and some other all-rounder pest products from the local garden centres and for me they didn't work at all. I eventually went to the hydro store and got myself this little black bottle called 'spidermite control' and it works a treat. I think it's an all natural concentrate, main active ingredient is neem oil, so you can use it at any stage. It actually works out cheaper than the garden centre stuff because you can make up a few batches and its especially and exclusively designed for those little bastards.

I grow in a spare room (2nd floor) in my place, in the town centre far far away from bugs i dont have any plants other than the girls. 

My mate has had these little fuckers for years, he's tried everything, but he does grow in a garden shed and i think they continually come in from there,

I'll give it this grow and another before i kill everything,

I dearly want to keep my mom, it's the oldest strongest plant I've smoked and i never want to let her go!

I got some bug clear on order, but whats this 'black bottle'? can i get a picture or some more detail where i might find it?

It's painful sitting here waiting for this stuff to arrive knowing them shits are planting eggs all over the place :(

I've got some neem oil somewhere I'll have to dig it out. 

Thanks for all you advise guys!

I've heard heat treatment can work, heating the room to 50c degrees for an hour or so. I tried this and it did help but not much. 

I also heard co2 works, a high ppm for an hour with the room sealed. That sounds like a good idea. I wish I had a cylinder of carbon dioxide!

Hi there @YouMust

I have been battling them since the end of the summer, and I have tried pretty much everything, like bear said the problem is they are obviously coming in from somewhere, I found cleaning all be boxes filters lights and the rest of it with bleach, leave it a couple of days with the heating on then I neem oil the whole box, without getting it all over the equipment.

Then I put my plants back in there once they have had all the shit removed, neem the shit out of them, leave the heating on, neem them again the next day at lights out, then I repeated  with no heating for a nite or two, had a look  and they appear to be gone, so more neem before lights out.... the battle continues.......Jj:yinyang:

1 person likes this

This morning I was in a health food shop and I saw neem oil ,with rosemary in the ingredient ,so I imagine that's even better than neem oil only . 

1 person likes this

with spider mites, its a nuke the fookin lot of them or they keep coming back...

harkers spot on treatment for pidgeons is the best shit about, it kills them first spray, you just soak the plants. then leave them a few days and soak them again to kill any eggs that hatch. its systematic spelt wrong. lol so it stays in the leafs for a while to kill any stragler's, that were hiding/ running away from the giant with the nuking spray fluid. lol 

seriously to the original post, dont bother with sbpi its crap, as said it burns the plants and they wont say whats in it, the mectin's are the only way to kill the fukers out rite. 

there are spider mites out there that get amune to most pesticide's, as bearuk said above in this thread. i know because i had the little fukers about 6 years ago. i aint seen one since. i sprayed the plants in early veg and the hole room with harkers,after giving a good vaq. killed them all. all so i put tights over my air inlet vent. and sealed all gaps around the room floor, and ceiling and sealed the gaps around the window. job done. 

i have some here just in case they turn up , its called harkers harkamectin, in a blue box, and comes in a 5ml bottle. make sure its the correct one tho, the spot on stuff,its for birds to delice them. its on a well known rainforest site. or fle bay. £14 with post there abouts:yinyang:

where glove's and a mask when spraying the shit tho, and have no bear skin contact with it, have a good shower afterwards while smiling ,thinking off all them mites running away soaked in firewater. lol 

worst thing out is the dreaded borg man, there a fuker in flower when they start to web all over the buds. :no:

i have chucked many a huge plant out over the years before felix put up the thread on here about harkers. i used to just think plants were fooked as used to use scots bug clear and neem oil. and didn't want them to spread to other plants so i would chuck them out into hash /bubble bags. 

all the best with it. kill them evil little bud killers.

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
2 people like this

Ok not sure people have told you but you need to before you start spraying get a cotton bud and vaseline , go all over the plant slowly and look for them and there webs wipe gently with the vaseline and that collects them you will need a good supply of buds and vaseline .

Then you go to the spray but just go slow and then watch closely for any more signs of them .

good luck i had them once in my tunnel and omg they are a bugger no pun intended to get rid of ,i used 6 smoke bombs in the tunnel did it for 3 days on the trot not seen one in there this year lol.

stay safe grow well

1 person likes this