Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anongrower

Pheno finder sunset sherbert

59 posts in this topic

Almost purchased some.of these last night just to out them to the test over anything, the price for these seem relatively low for sunset sherb seeds but I restrained !! Going to take advantage of ugorg Christmas seed sale I think :)

Farmer 

6 people like this

Given the Attitude Xmas deal it does seem worth a punt to see if it's any good, just can't bring myself to trust it lol

:yinyang:

1 hour ago, Gojitangie said:

@stummer it’s a good point but I wonder if some of these strains would lend themselves to commercial production? Don’t know enough about it myself but have seen photos of Cookies (not a cross) gangly plant with tiny buds, yields look sparse.

As mentioned I don’t know much about it so could well be the others being mentioned - Gelato/wedding cake/ zskittles are bigger yielders with their added Kush/OG genetics.

The problem with a lot of commercial grows is that attention to details aren't there. Everything has got to big, quick, & consistent. 

I hear a lot about these newer unstable strains giving off herms. That issue alone I think would put a lot of commercial growers off. Also I find majority of commercial growers don't really give a curly turd about genetics. It's all about yield & price. :thumbdown:

3 people like this

I can't speak for every cash grower but so many are at it that you have to care and have good product or you'll struggle to move it. I ain't got a clue about the yields or what not of the new hype strains. It's just supply and demand I guess and people will pay more for other stuff and so many no longer seem to want your cheese which was always around. I think older people won't have none of it lol I tried to explain to my dad's mate about cali weed and price increase and he replied "so some cunt is gonna grow something here, expect me to believe its from cali and after lying to me have the cheek to charge me extra for a fucking plastic pot" lol was just funny to hear a man just turned 71 still so on the ball.

6 people like this

It is all bollox though eh

if your going to import an illegal drug to make money

it would be something smaller in size with a bigger profit

not something big and stinky?

just my onion.

4 people like this

I agree lol no doubt some is sent over but most is grown here for sure. Far as the not bothering with other stuff could it be the sentencing? Although i would think if your in that game you accept the risks and would sooner have to do less trips to earn whatever amount your hearts set on. Maybe easier to find connections too as someone in america can just pop to the shop grab it n chuck on a few quid and post it. 

I dont even care though truth be told i enjoy my own. Im more interested in how easy so many people are brainwashed almost lol. Never will i pay silly money for something just being thrown in a pot. Just grabbed my cuttings of something i hope will be a lovely smoke and for me thats part of the enjoyment.

1 person likes this

i guess its just different times to when Howard and others were doing their thing

the grow industry/business has rocketed in the western world, pensioners and teens growing all the strain names under the sun

obviously it still goes on (import) but the business model has changed in certain countries.

who knows eh, smoke time! :stoned:

funny enough ive just crossed a Disco Biscuit with a kona sunset which has produced a couple of phenos with black leaves, not dark, black.

ill see if i can do some photos its coming down today, its not a prettty grow, it got out of hand when i went away for a week!

Ta

Edited by twigs
7 people like this

Got a Sunset Sherbet going right now, clone from a friendly breeder, looking forward to this test run, will come back in a few months when done.

Sherbert-1.jpg

Edited by amsterdammer
7 people like this

Only as it got mentioned about importing and just finished a book just now.All I can say is I would be super tempted to have ago lol. Love the idea of trying to find weaknesses and get stuff in as much as the idea of earning a shit load of money. Would need to do more homework though for sure lol not clued up about how importing and exporting works. Can they search every container probably not I would say, no doubt certain places attract deeper searches and how does it all work with food as seen a few try with importing food. Flagged through quicker due to shelf life or something? lol anyway just thinking out loud but if the chance was there.

A 'mate' of mine knows a guy who know a guy who goes to california and sends loads back by mail. My mate's obsessed with the latest strain, but rarely buys for himself as he gets bulk ami in for cheap. He's got a tent of dosidos for a phenohunt. Has the packs of pots and is telling me the mad prices he'll be able to sell for. Asked him to sort me out a cut of his keeper as i'd helped him out with a plant emergency (growing with biobizz and using ph down and calmag and fucked his soil up), and he said no. I thought that was weird but i'm not a drug dealer.

Anyway it's so easy to get drugs in and out of countries like that as long as you're careful. Cross border you're more likely to lose the packages but if you know what you're doing it's okay. I've done regular shopping  on the darknet for years for hash. The old boy at the local hydro shop was blown away by the charas i gifted him once. best hash he's had since he went to india in the 80's he said.

3 people like this

Majority of the bud sent is rejected by the dispenaries, for reasons mentioned earlier in the thread. 

Theres a few lads getting the top top hook up, & i got told it doesn't come in big amounts so has to charge a higher price to make it worth someone's while. 

I know a few lads who fly out & bring a few hundred grams back sealed in their suitcase & walk back into the UK cool as a cucumber. Balls like cantaloupes haha 

1 person likes this

The game changes every decade.. but it has seriously plummeted to another level of low in the last 5, its actually a joke .. and depressing. 

Edited by stickyblack
3 people like this

Sorry I don't get what's depressing about it? Your typical strains that was around before the hype have gone down in price? These hype strains if you wanna try them tend to have crosses available by seed so if don't wanna be mugged off can grow your own. 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Welsh Tom said:

Majority of the bud sent is rejected by the dispenaries, for reasons mentioned earlier in the thread. 

If you go into the big shiny dispensary and they don't buy your weed, you just drive down the road and find a smaller one. Walk in with your card and your bag and ask to speak with the owner. A one man operation will buy what ever you have after some umming and ahhing.

It has to be really bad for it not to be sold.

But if you head on up to Mendocino you can buy pounds of quality weed for not much money. You just have to be careful.

When I was in California I never saw weed in tins only in plastic pots. But if it was sealed in a tin it would only be marketed at people who would pay a premium for such pretty packaging.

4 people like this

My friends buy Cali spec weed from the DarkWeb online and from dealers importing it. The prices are stupid, they all have a similar smell so you can tell its cali spec. Way too strong, they all have the same distinctive taste/smell which takes out the unique flavour of that strain. I prefer normal flavours grown in UK my dealer always has 2/3 different flavours but still expensive, £40 for 3.5gram and that's suppose to be cheap for me coz I've been going to him over 10 years. Online my friend has to buy 3 ounces of cali spec at a time for £650 each. 

I would love to get some seeds or cuttings of zskittles, gelator, strawberry crusha but they are difficult to get hold of and I'm not sure which seed company has the best or correct one. Difficult to get the information without seeing the final product of the cannabis. But Strawberry Crusha by BudDoctor was the best strain personally, however no seeds available only in cutting form and I lost it  :furious: 

1 person likes this