Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

y21mjc

Bestva 800w dual chip - 1 or 2

Hello All

I have just started my second grow, first one was decent but not massive yields.  

Started 4No. northern lights non auto.  Purchased a large 4 pot wilma system for this grow also.

I keep getting tempted to purchase another LED unit, as title am using a Bestva 800w dual chip, 10w each LED panel which seems i have decent reviews. 

My question is, In a 1.2m x 1.2m, do you think i would see any benefit of adding another?  Has anyone done similar and notice good results?

thanks

Despite the name, the advert says that panel draws 150w from the socket. I use 100w to grow in a pc case so you are a long way from what you need in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent.

I've never fully understood the whole input vs output debate.   But isn't that the point of leds and always has been, same light for less?

I'm not being butthurt or anything but surely if it was that bad my Last grow would have yielded nothing.

Just want to understand if my LED really is that bad 

I have a 600w hp that came with the tent package, but it was hotter than the sun!

It used to be a common belief that plants only needed red and blue wavelengths to grow, so cutting out the other wavelengths would give the same growth for reduced power consumption. That argument no longer stands and your light is full spectrum anyway, so there are no savings to be made on power draw. 150w is 150w.
As for thinking you should have got nothing out of a 150w, I already told you I get by with 100w so I don't understand your logic.

because you had 100w in a pc case, where as i have 150w in a 1.2m tent! thats the logic

I've set up my existing 600w HP now, see how it compares.   Thing runs unbelievably hot though, could only cool to 27degc and its winter!  

you need to upgrade your extraction then. 

A 600watt HPS will piss all over a 150watt led all day long, 

Get yourself a better extraction sorted and watch your yields treble

A 6 inch RVK and filter will do the job nicely

1 person likes this

Thanks.  Yeah just went and got a air cooled hood and seems to be working well.  Likely need to beef up my other 4 inch general turnover extract come summer, bit temps a lot better now. Ta

150w led in a 1.2 tent? What were you thinking lol!

I know your now using the 600w hps but so you know for reference: a brilliant yield for any accomplished grower under a 150w light would be 150 grams. Compare that to 600g under a 600w.

If you filled the floorspace of a 1.2 tent with pots and positioned a 150w so it lit the full tent then the outside plants wouldn't get much intensity at all. Likewise the centre plants wouldn't get any intensity because the light would be too far away. It would gave to be far to light the 1.2m footprint.   The resulting plants would not amount to much and look pretty sorry examples of badly grown weed.

I'm glad you went for the hps phew lol

lol I was thinking they would work well!! got suckered in by the sales pitch! To be fair also, seemed to many reviews from growers like ourselves praising them, on amazon this was.   Plus i was struggling big time with heat at the time

The grow with these LEDs did actually go pretty well, just lower yields as you say.

This time round though, the plants are flying, stalks are thicker now after 3 weeks veg than they were at completion last time! 

Glad i went with the HPS too now