Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Eliza Clark

start of flowering period

Hi

first timer, know next to nothing about growing cannabis and could do with a little advice. 

as soon as you see early flowering.........

Is this at the appearance of the pistils ?

I just dont know and wondering when to switch to bloom nutes and the bloom part of LED light.

Attempting to grow two autos (as meds) in coco with AN PH Perfect Sensi grow and bloom, and a couple of their add ons - bud ignitor etc.

Lights are a 300w ufo led and a 450w viparspectra - which the plants seem to love. Indoor grow in small tent, 120 x 60 x150cm.

Pistils starting to multiply and well into stretch.

Apologies in advance if Im not doing this in the correct place or somehow doing something wrong on this site. 

Waiting for diagnosis of early onset dementia, a royal pain in the ass, non-existent memory.  Gotta refresh growing knowledge every single day, exhausting.

I'm rambling on, apologies.  ANY and ALL ADVICE very gratefully accepted.

PS. LOVE the community!

Edited by Eliza Clark
spelling errors
3 people like this

Keep going with grow nutes for the first couple of weeks bud and in the third week transfer over to bloom nutes and you'll be golden for the run...trouble with switching straight over on the first day of 12's is that sometimes there's not enough N in the bloom formula and leaves yellow up too early.

Be ready to give them some extra Magnesium too at around three weeks bloom :yep:

LED I don't know as I'm old school

Welcome to the boards btw :yep:

edit...forgot it's autos so no need for switching lamps to 12's and can keep them on 20/4 :doh: 

Edited by botanics
8 people like this

8 minutes ago, botanics said:

Keep going with grow nutes for the first couple of weeks bud and in the third week transfer over to bloom nutes and you'll be golden for the run...trouble with switching straight over on the first day of 12's is that sometimes there's not enough N in the bloom formula and leaves yellow up too early.

Be ready to give them some extra Magnesium too at around three weeks bloom :yep:

LED I don't know as I'm old school

Welcome to the boards btw :yep:

edit...forgot it's autos so no need for switching lamps to 12's and can keep them on 20/4 :doh: 

Hi, 

Thank you Botanics, just what I needed. 

Re 20/4, one of my plants was extremely unhappy with this and not doing at all well ( 2 fast 2 vast). Only seems happy  with 24 hr light. The second plant, auto critical also seems happy with that.

2f2v also seems much happier with very low nutrients and the critical prefers a little bit more. What personalities!

Thanks again for your help.

Eliza.

3 people like this

I would switch the Viparspectra to bloom right now. The more light the better! The more you can persuade an auto to grow whilst it's young the better! 

3 people like this

Hey,

thank you for your advice which I have carried out, and personally,  I have a feeling that we may ALL be flipping muppets! 

Government certainly treats us as though we are.

Many thanks.

Eliza.

Happy growing.

1 person likes this

On 14/11/2017 at 3:27 PM, botanics said:

Why?

Because sometimes they like it, so it's good to be aware of it :yep:

2 people like this

On 18/11/2017 at 1:24 AM, starbud said:

Why?

Some variates of plant love their magnesium,  cannabis is one, tomatos another, can't think of a third! Wander into the 'General Growing Problems' forum and have a mooch at the pinned Epsom Salts thread. 

1 person likes this

hi

I just want to thank you all for the advice and help.Particularly want to say THANK YOU, BOTANICS!

You were spot - on re the possibility for my girls demanding more magnesium towards third week of flower, I'm very impressed.

It also gave me a much more accurate idea of where my girls are, on the timeline, as i had lost all idea of my dates.

Getting excited now apart from the sciarid flies, which just got a nice cosy duvet of powdered neem leaf.

Thanks to all, fab community.

Eliza.

3 people like this

You're welcome @Eliza Clark glad they're doing what you want them to do :yep:

3 people like this