Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

beezee

Inside the Hive

318 posts in this topic

Well this is going to be some epic fun for the winter months  :)

Firstly let me say a big thank you for starting another Dinafem adventure on UK420  :)

Secondly 2 nice autos for you to play with and as usual 100% germination is always a nice start to a grow and hopefully a sign of things to come :)

You are off to a great start and needless to say I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :)

Thank you again for documenting your grow on this great platform and I'll be back in on the next update to check progress  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

3 people like this

Cheers for looking in Mark. Let's see what I can do with these... I'm hoping I don't run out of space :D

3 people like this

Great news on the 100% germ rate dude and good to see the SD shed the husk on her own. Always a risky job taking them off. She'll soon catch the other up now. Looking forward to seeing these go in those buckets with your cling film method. I reckon it's a good one for the roots to spread quickly without adding water for a while. I'll be copying on my next indoor auto :nenenenene:

3 people like this

@jadenugs they went straight into the buckets, no paper towel, no pre soak, I got the seeds out and put them in their final home just like nature intended ;)

4 people like this

Great start and some classic strains too mate, I'll be tagging along for this run if I may :) Nice to see another clingfilm user, it's prefect for keeping humidity high and bugs the fuck out lol

Best of luck with these dude :oldtoker:

3 people like this

Hey @Fragg nice of you to stop in buddy! 

I have a few tricks up my sleeve for keeping the bugs at bay, them gnats seem to love my tent grrrr

3 people like this

@beezee

I've tried loads of tricks and spent a small fortune battling fungus gnats too mate....came up with my own free solution and its working a treat...... sand from the river next to me. It acts as total barrier so they cant lay their bloody eggs, I just bake in overnight in an Aga to kill any nasties from outside, did a batch of builders sand for a mate with an infected grow last night funnily enough.

4 people like this

@Fragg I nearly missed your post mate lol

When the clingfilm comes off, I'll dump a load of diatomaceous earth on, then cover that in pebbles (if I have enough). If that fails I have sharp sand to completely cover the top and pay resort is the gnatrol that I mentioned earlier. 

Going off the Diatomaceous earth labels, it should be enough on its own, but we all know nothing is guaranteed! 

3 people like this

@beezee

Whenever i see a fungus gnat the plants top soil gets a nice dose of DE in my grows as well dude.if it dont wipe em out totally it defo keeps the numbers down to next to nothing ime.

peace

4 people like this

@beezee no worries :)

I gave up with DE mate as its only any good when dry and I'm a top waterer and it made a right mess lol

3 people like this

Well there's some kinda conflicting advice lol

I'll chuck the DE on then the pebbles on top of that might help with the watering???  

Thanks both @Happy Hippy and @Fragg

5 people like this

I just used to water then throw a shitload on top and the small fan blew some around so i figured it would catch anything crawling around under and beneath the pots,if i still see some at the next pot up i do the same and continue till theres almost none.works better for me than sprays and i have no pest issues in my plants hangin to dry.i only use it in veg though cos i wouldnt want it stuck to my buds.

I think its pretty cheap as well and also works same for mites and most creepy crawlies ime

peace

Edited by Happy Hippy
5 people like this

@Happy Hippy that makes sense, cheers. 

Your right, it is peanuts to buy so having a bit flying round the tent doesn't matter either :)

3 people like this

Well it's been a week since the little ones popped up and although there's not really much happening, here's an update. 

They're all looking healthy and have grown quite nicely. WWa #1 seems to have been drying out a little, so I've been misting the top of the compost when needed, other than that, I haven't done a thing to them :D

Temps are still holding steady at 22°c at pot level and rh is around 45%

large.15111160498781.jpglarge.15111160496300.jpglarge.15111160657843.jpglarge.15111160657292.jpg

I've also started another project, there's 2 evil funk pp regs in the tent. I'm hoping for at least 1 female from these that I can reverse, when I know what I've got I'll start the last 2 seeds I have to try and get another target female. @Eelhelmet will be interested in this ;)

large.15111160804074.jpg

That's all for now :)

10 people like this

All looking good in the hive mate. What's this, another breeding project? Top stuff, will be watching with interest :)

2 people like this