Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Absurdist

Looking for good writing about the psychedelic experience

21 posts in this topic

the only time ive ever tried anything other than weed ,   was when i had a drink spiked with god knows what ......   i left the nightclub   and remember suddenly feeling   real hot and the next thing i honestly remember is  2 cops talking to me as i lay on the ground .... apparently i thought it funny to  take off my trousers  and dacks  and run down the road after the police car .... then when it saw me and stopped,  i  jumped up and sat cross legged on the bonnet looking into the windscreen at the cops pointing   in hysterical laughter .....  i cant remember any of this ..... but my mates and the cops do .......   police were told i was spiked  as  i was friendly with the club owner  who told the police i had only had 2  beers and was sober  when i  left the club ....no idea to this day what the hell i was given .....

Edited by vortex
1 person likes this

Good thread, maun the psychonauts...

The psychedelic explorers guide by James fadiman is alright, more about lsd than mushrooms and a bit silicon valley - kinda want but some good info.

Food of the gods - McKenna - that fucking guy! Goddamn love we Terry. I also highly recommend the audio version of his book true hallucinations, the story of how he discovered mushrooms. Glorious listening...

Last summer was my intro to DMT and changa,  read a lot about Ayahuasca after that and if you wanna blow your fucking mind get a book called The Antipodes of the Mind by Benny Shannon. It's THE study of Aya effects from a cognitive psychologist with close to 200 ceremony's under his belt and over 2000 trip reports from other travellers. Honestly, just fuckng read that book. Incredible.... 

I didn't see anyone suggest Charles tart, psychologist and parapsychologist,  wrote the first ever book on being stoned called - on being stoned! His book altered States of consciousness is worth giving a blast... All his stuff is worthy of a blast, but hey, this is trip specific, so...

Happy reading and safe journeys...

3 people like this

I remember The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley being a pretty good read about his tripping on mescaline

2 people like this

Another very related, but not specifically about halucinogens, and a really powerful read.

Voices of the First Day: Awakening in the Aboriginal Dreamtime - Robert Lawlor

Australian aboriginal people have lived in harmony with the earth for perhaps as long as 100,000 years; in their words, since the First Day. In this absorbing work, Lawlor explores the essence of their culture as a source of and guide to transforming our own world view. While not romanticizing the past or suggesting a return to the life of the hunter/gatherer, Voices of the First Day enables us to enter into the mentality of the oldest continuous culture on earth and gain insight into our own relationship with the earth and to each other.

This book offers an opportunity to suspend our values, prejudices, and Eurocentrism and step into the Dreaming to discover:

• A people who rejected agriculture, architecture, writing, clothing, and the subjugation of animals
• A lifestyle of hunting and gathering that provided abundant food of unsurpassed nutritional value
• Initiatic and ritual practices that hold the origins of all esoteric, yogic, magical, and shamanistic traditions
• A sexual and emotional life that afforded diversity and fluidity as well as marital and social stability
• A people who valued kinship, community, and the law of the Dreamtime as their greatest "possessions."
• Language whose richness of structure and vocabulary reveals new worlds of perception and comprehension.
• A people balanced between the Dreaming and the perceivable world, in harmony with all species and living each day as the First Day.

Voices of the First Day is illustrated throughout with more than 100 extraordinary photographs, bark paintings, line drawings and engravings. Many of these photographs are among the earliest ever made of the Aboriginal people and are shown here for the first time.

3 people like this

I cannot really add to the list, as I cant really hold focus to read much at all. But, I have lots of experience 'experiencing' and a good quote I took from listening to Terrence Mckenna was, regarding my absolutely bat shit crazy DMT runs where I pretty much can only assume I achieved Christ  consciousness was when it comes to trying to describe what it is like is more difficult than you think is because what it is showing you is a language you don't understand. The sounds, clicks, colours, waves, is all trying to communicate with you in a way you cant take in. 

I cant tell what you colours were in my experience because they certainly don't exist on our spectrum, the rhythyms of the clicks were in sequences that were not what we use, but what I do remember is greeting lots of souls that once lived, but who they were.....no idea. It was beautiful. 

Seeing it all was more than enough for me, I just needed to know it was there and hope my time on this planet is the experience my spirit needs. I think I'm starting to realize we are not humans having a spiritual experience, we are spirit having a human experience. I hope you're having fun however :hippy:

3 people like this