Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sn00py

"Best" Rootstim product

39 posts in this topic

I use Hesi Root Complex, it's much cheaper than most other root stims (£20-£30 for 1ltr) and certainly does the job....infact I'm gonna have to stop using it on this veg cycle, as the plants will get too big for the tent.

I'm in the H&G Roots Excellurator group, great stuff, pre and post sell out.... works in a number of ways, as it coats the roots and prevents root rot issues, also it increase the ability of the roots to uptake nutrients, and of course, it stimulates more root growth. 

Use throughout the grow except when using PK13/14.

I think its OK to use with Micorrhiza Michorizae Micorrizae beneficial fungi and bacteria, because H&G own brand Coco contains Trichoderma and beneficial bacteria, and it would be pointless for them to sell a product the doesn't fit with their recommended mediums.

Edited by teehee
1 person likes this

On 08/10/2018 at 11:50 PM, 1312 said:

Just thought id say ive been using this recently after it was a freebie from my grow shop & ive got the best roots ive ever had too. I used to use Rhizotonic but this is way better & way cheaper. After seeing the roots coming out the holes on all my pots that my clones are in im sold, ive never seen that before.

The smell tho :puke: it smells like rotten arse! If you can put up with that tho its amazing stuff lol 

Im not sure i could put this in my res tho, the res lasts a week or so & i suspect this wouldn't be good tho. Can anyone fill me in on that?? 

I can always use it to hand feed before they go into the flower room tho

But definitely a huge thumbs up from me!!

@1312

Which one is it that your using mate?

I’ve got a 5liter bottle of plant magic root stim that’s now a little over half full and it now stinks that bad(like a pooey,ammonia stank) I’ve stopped using this bottle. I’ve always used plant magics root stim and it’s never smelled so strong. I’m not sure if this bottle had been sitting in the shop for too long,it’s got too hot or just a change in their recipe? The date on the bottle is 12/03/18 is that when it was made or it’s shelf life? 

On 05/11/2017 at 4:45 PM, badbillybob said:

H&G Roots axcellerator is a good one for hydro

Definitely agree with this. I have used many root stimulators but nothing compares to this stuff. Absolutely amazing explosion of healthy white fuzzy roots. It also has the added benefit of preventing pathogens in the root zone and keeps pythium at bay. 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:11 AM, Breezus said:

Look up Willow as a natural stim, I use that Miccor and seaweed 

:yinyang:

How do you prepare your willow for use mate?

5 minutes ago, ratdog said:

How do you prepare your willow for use mate?

I just steep a couple of branches in water for 24 hours , the water stores for at least a month 

:oldtoker:

This is taken from the site I originally found this method 

Take one young willow shoot, removing any leaves, and cut it into 1-2″ pieces. Half-fill a quart-sized mason jar with the pieces and pour freshly boiled water over them, as if you were making tea.

(You may use any willow variety – if it has Salix in its Latin name, it is sufficient for this purpose. Also, the bark should be yellow or green. If the bark is brown or gray, it is too old.)

Steep for 8-12 hours, then strain and compost the willow pieces. The willow water root stimulant is now ready for use.

Store in the refrigerator for up to two months.

Edited by Breezus

I’m currently using the ProActiv one.

Worked.

On 31/12/2018 at 6:15 PM, munk said:

I’ve got a 5liter bottle of plant magic root stim that’s now a little over half full and it now stinks that bad(like a pooey,ammonia stank) I’ve stopped using this bottle. I’ve always used plant magics root stim and it’s never smelled so strong. I’m not sure if this bottle had been sitting in the shop for too long,it’s got too hot or just a change in their recipe? The date on the bottle is 12/03/18 is that when it was made or it’s shelf life? 

12/03/18 Is the manufacturing date mate, Iv not heard of it smelling like that before though, I’ll get back to you on that smell soon