Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Absurdist

Can anyone recall their dreams when smoking every day?

52 posts in this topic

Hello All

I never remember my dreams, and it seems this is a common experience. I'm planning a to take a break for tolerance and to see if i can get back in touch with my dream world.

Do any of you remember dreams while smoking every day?

Have you noticed any strains that allow you to remember your dreams more than others?

Cheers

Abs

Nope, very rare to remember them tbh, I did read some time ago it's due to a sleep pattern alteration, something to do with REM etc, not checked the science though so pinch of salt you know ;)

1 person likes this

A member used to recommend tulsi tea for encouraging vivid dreams.  It is also known as holy basil 

i think.

2 people like this

Do you drink beer when you smoke mate ? 

1 person likes this

Hmmm!! I wonder how much of this has to do with my ageing and other potential contributing factors, as @botanics & @Sal81 suggest... :g:

I used to remember my dreams and used to have some vivid dreams where I could engage and influence, though not entierly control, what I was doing - flying was once a simple case of pushing off from the ground! :yahoo:These dreams continued after I first started to smoke and I can't think when they stopped - mid-late 20s maybe...

These days, I remember about one dream every 1 or 2 weeks and they are mainly bad dreams... I think they leave a stronger impression... Not sure if it is the weed or the fact that I am far more knackered, stressed and preoccupied than I was 20 or 30 years ago! :rofl:

3 people like this

I had an intense dream once where I was in a Welsh village.I chatted to people,walked around going into shops and can still remember the feel of the moss block stone walls I sat on as I looked down over the valley and the views are as clear to me today as it was then,about 20yrs ago.

I'd been to the library that morning and picked up a book id requested about identifying Stone Tools.I took it home ate a sandwich with Pulp playing on a tape and fell asleep about 1.30pm for 90mins or so.

I actually woke up within the dream and it was like both real/dream worlds melted into one and when I sat up it was in the real world.

It's the detail that got me,such as the views,gardens weather,passers,house colours etc and still does now,how can your Brain just generate that amount of information seamlessly whilst your actually alert within it? it blows me away and it still just feels like a had a nice afternoon out. 

Edited by Badbadger
3 people like this

Going from not using cannabis to using, my dreams start to disappear after about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I don't have dreams (that I can remember) any more. After stopping cannabis, after about 4 days they start to come back. Usually vivid, not particularly good/nice dreams, Some bad dreams that I'm aware i'm dreaming usually starting about 2 hours before I wake up. These last for about 2 weeks. After a month I'm back to lucid, excellent dreams that I love/am aware of, for those few hours before waking.

Every year I take a few months off canna. The transition period isn't nice going from using to not (the vivid, bad/strong dreams that mean a restless sleep for those 2 or so weeks), but enjoy the return of dreams to the point I consider not using canna again. (but the pros of using tempt me back until the pros wear off (tolerance) and the dreams vanish, then its about 8 months of using before I decide to take a break... Knowing there will be a shitty 2 weeks followed by the return to cool, controllable, memorable dreams, drifting in and out for those few hours before I wake)

Pros and cons to using cannabis, and pros and cons to not using cannabis. I'm good when using for the effects, and I'm a different type of good when not using.

The last 5 years or so I keep a diary to track the process.

Edited by ritchtbiscuit
3 people like this

@Sal81 if that drinking question is directed at me  I sometimes drink, always smoke and never dream!

@ritchtbiscuit I'm just thinking of a week or two off, then weekends only. I've been keeping a daily journal for 3 years so all my ups and downs are in it but I've never gone back to read them. There's at least one period of abstinence in there so I'll go back and see how I felt.

My impression is that abstinence = more productive but less content. 

1 person likes this

Probably all the excess influence our dream ....food, drink ,smoke sigaret even does ...and smoke weed...

We all still dream ... but we can't recall it ! 

But I'm a dreamer for nature ... sometimes people talk and I'm in thinking/ dreaming very deep ....

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

@Sal81 if that drinking question is directed at me  I sometimes drink, always smoke and never dream!

@ritchtbiscuit I'm just thinking of a week or two off, then weekends only. I've been keeping a daily journal for 3 years so all my ups and downs are in it but I've never gone back to read them. There's at least one period of abstinence in there so I'll go back and see how I felt.

My impression is that abstinence = more productive but less content. 

If your a daily/long term user then I find that it takes a month minimum of no cannabis use to get back to 'normal' patterns. If you start again after 2 weeks your probably into the 'bad' phase of stopping, and that can make you want to start again as you can feel a bit off. Power through and at the 4-5 week stage your dreams become normal/enjoyable again. A more restful sleep at that stage also. When I start again, its usually once or twice a week, gradually over the course of a month or 2, getting back up to daily use (by which time my dreams are almost gone). When I do start again the dreams can be more enjoyable/vivid at first, but then they go again..:thumbdown: Rinse, repeat....

I still dream sometimes memorably but I don't tend to sleep in conventional patterns.

What has had a strong effect on me remembering my dreams is sleep duration.  I need to sleep in excess of 8 hours per night for an extended period before I start remembering them ordinarily.  In effect I need to build up a substantial "sleep credit".

Could it be that members are sleeping better or longer when they don't smoke and that is causing them to remember their dreams more?  eg   No late night smoking to keep them awake before bedtime.

3 hours ago, Bird said:

Could it be that members are sleeping better or longer when they don't smoke and that is causing them to remember their dreams more?  eg   No late night smoking to keep them awake before bedtime.

I think you might be onto something there.

when I eat the coconut oil an hour or 2 before bed it helps me get to sleep quicker and deeper but I weirdly always wake up through the night I'm guessing when its wearing off.

I don’t dream if I’m smoking loads, I’ve cut back a tad lately and now my dreams are mad, even though I’m still consuming but in smaller amounts.

I was caining it after my last grow though. 

I read an article on this about how certain cannabinoids basically fuck with your REM cycle, preventing you from remembering dreams or maybe even having them at all if ur a regular smoker.

I smoke every day and tend to remember my dreams but I've trained myself since my early teens to write my dreams down in a journal as soon as I wake up. I don't write them down anymore and the details are a bit fuzzy, but I generally remember my dreams in the morning for a few hours. Then I forget and stupidly struggle to remember again:hippy:

Edit: Also, not sure if any of you guys have sleep paralysis, but weed interfering with REM seems to almost completely stop my severe sleep paralysis

Edited by cannacrazy
left out info
1 person likes this