Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

starbud

315w is it really comparable to...

106 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, DrGreenThumbzz said:

such a charmer. But it's actually you with your head in your ass, sir.

@Badders is right. l.e.ds are leaving CMH behind

i was making my comment about leaving chm in the stone age .

clearly talking shit . yes a really good expensive panel may outclass a cmh , but leave it in the stone age ? in winter ?with no added heat ? hows that for costs ?

see maybe i ddint get my point across so now i have .

@DrGreenThumbzz 

Where are the cost effective off the shelf retail units? Not everyone wants to DIY their lights, they want to buy something that doesn't mean taking a mortgage out that they can plug and play and can get replaced at the grow shop same day if something breaks. 

8 people like this

extra heat costs too. they may be fantastic in the warmer months .

im not led bashing im bashing some people who have one or two grows telling people who have grown

fantastic quality bud for years how to grow .

ive said before yes led and other full spectrum lighting is the way forward .

as led tech has got better so has others . for me cmh suits my style and i love the final product (could have a bit more ) is this not always the case ?

why would i go out and pay over 2500 to light my space i have for maybe a slight improvment in yield or quality . when i know  what i grow is good quality ?

Edited by catfish
2 people like this

25 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

@DrGreenThumbzz 

Where are the cost effective off the shelf retail units? Not everyone wants to DIY their lights, they want to buy something that doesn't mean taking a mortgage out that they can plug and play and can get replaced at the grow shop same day if something breaks. 

oh is this a price thing now ? 

PLC offer a 2umol/j 600w unit for a 4x4 that replaces a 1000w hps for £529. £/w thats probably as good as it gets off the shelf right now. Thats with a 3 year warranty 

23 minutes ago, catfish said:

extra heat costs too

No, just less extraction.

Edited by DrGreenThumbzz

4 minutes ago, DrGreenThumbzz said:

No, just less extraction.

ppfft what about living in the north ,scotland ,growing in a loft ,garage ,or outbuilding ?

like i said before for certain situations and needs maybe yes .

for all not at all in any universe ,even a led blinded one .

and 600w will out yield a 1000w in winter in a loft  without extra heat ? how excatly will it do that?

Edited by catfish

2 minutes ago, catfish said:

ppfft what about living in the north ,scotland ,growing in a loft ,garage ,or outbuilding ?

like i said before for certain situations and needs maybe yes .

for all not at all in any universe ,even a led blinded one .

insulation.

but whatever you say, whatever you say...

Edited by DrGreenThumbzz

i not said much apart from question how about some manors and answer them ?

so whats your growing exp ?

@DrGreenThumbzz lol are you still using a 600w hps at one side of your tent, Lukio? Whats up with rollitup how come you've come back here do you still feel the need to "bring us out of the stoneage"? lollollol 

2 people like this

@DrGreenThumbzz 

I did not use the CMH or the cob lights, neither do I have a property in the south of france this growing was done by friends who are all very skilled. I did look in on the cob and cmh grows, I was taken there, to be honest I did not ask what the panels were that they had made, I remember them saying that they imported the kits from the states. They have since sold them on as they just did not produce the sort of quality they were looking for.

For reference  sake, all of them used the smiles mothers I shared with them, in france she was grow as single cola natural form, inside she was topped and taken up on multiple heads under both types of lights. I know the cobs are very bright as they had the odd problem with bleaching where stretching got out of hand on a couple of plants.

I don’t care about efficiency, I only care about the end quality of the buds produced, neither do I care about photons or cri, I would if it meant better quality psychoactivity and potency, unless it does that its just another lot of bullshit in the same class as my ball is better than your ball type of crap.

I use my mind to measure what each particular puff does for me, I don’t believe the industry bilge and myths that are increasingly being pumped out, this new variety produces x amount of thc and is the strongest variety ever produced, and no matter what Gas chromatography says, in real terms its what the actual buds do when imbibed, thats the only thing that really matters at the end of the day.

As I said in my post above the info was anecdotal that IMHO the cmh light produced the most pleasant, complex and psychoactive buds.

@ananda  

My friends were using some dual light with one of each in the same reflector  all through.

I am still not set up, when I do I will experiment with 942 and 930 only  as well as both, but you have to realise I use an hid uv light with my grows, I might try single envelope CMH  lights also.

9 people like this

Just now, Golden Syrup said:

@DrGreenThumbzz lol are you still using a 600w hps at one side of your tent, Lukio? Whats up with rollitup how come you've come back here do you still feel the need to "bring us out of the stoneage"? lollollol 

Sorry? you've lost me

7 minutes ago, oldtimer1 said:

I use my mind to measure what each particular puff does for me, I don’t believe the industry bilge and myths that are increasingly being pumped out, this new variety produces x amount of thc and is the strongest variety ever produced, and no matter what Gas chromatography says, in real terms its what the actual buds do when imbibed, thats the only thing that really matters at the end of the day.

i whole heartedly agree. 

Please do keep an open mind regards l.e.d

All the best

13 minutes ago, DrGreenThumbzz said:

Sorry? you've lost me

Ok dude :) keep it up :yinyang:

Edited by Golden Syrup
1 person likes this

@oldtimer1

I only asked what kelvin//cri because with different lighting recipes you could achieve any spectrum throughout any stage of the growth cycle just like adding a mh when using hps but in far more detail .Then changing the outcome completely . 

IF this could be fine tuned to suit an individual strain, you could really unlock the potential of that particular strain fine tuning the environment down to the last photon.

Ive always sed each to their own with lighting choice. Leds are very interesting when you get into the detail :) 

@DrGreenThumbzz 

I might be in my mid seventies but I take on and try new things every day,  I try and keep an open mind, I can see led technology is developing quite rapidly, am I ready to get involved just now, well no not on what I have tried so far, but I won’t stop looking.

@Key4 I would like a spectrum and intensity matching daylight at + and - 10˚ of the equator, its never going to happen.

4 people like this