Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Solly

My first outdoor grow 2017

61 posts in this topic

Haha this thread makes a mockery of us suckers that crawl through bramble tunnels and get our faces raped by insects. I'd always wondered what that dirty bit behind one's house was for:realcool:

5 people like this

8 hours ago, smallbeginings said:

you need to be working on some kind of cart to carry those mahosive bollocks that you have! :punk:

you strengthen the joists?

Hahah thats funny man. About the joists I was thinking of strengthening them but too much work and I couldnt be bothered. They seem pretty solid anyways. No bouncing or sagging.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Russjackell said:

Stonking plants! You is one brave mofo. Get them scissors sharpened, good luck

Cheers buddy, I'm in the process of building a bud trimmer from some bits I have laying around. Hopefuly it does the job. If not I have my trusty old scissors sharpened and ready :)

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, smallbeginings said:

you need to be working on some kind of cart to carry those mahosive bollocks that you have! :punk:

Oops sorry , double post by accident

Edited by Solly

8 hours ago, panik said:

Nice build mate , you must be making some noise up there with the chopsaw and banging hope the neighbours are cool lol you taking them jack rafters out when the walls are supporting the main rafters?? :yep: 

My neighbours are cool, so not really worried. But they must be wonderin what I'm upto. I guess they have a pretty good idea anyways lol About those Jack rafters. Do you mean those timbers that meet in the centre of my loft?? They are resting on a solid wall so i guess the load from the roof is being transferred to the wall?? I really want to take em out as they are in the way and kinda pisses me off. I dont really have much knowledge about these things so I decided to leave em in place incase I end up without a roof over my head lol

Edited by Solly
4 people like this

1 hour ago, Solly said:

My neighbours are cool, so not really worried. But they must be wonderin what I'm upto. I guess they have a pretty good idea anyways lol About those Jack rafters. Do you mean those timbers that meet in the centre of my loft?? They are resting on a solid wall so i guess the load from the roof is being transferred to the wall?? I really want to take em out as they are in the way and kinda pisses me off. I dont really have much knowledge about these things so I decided to leave em in place incase I end up without a roof over my head lol

Yeah should be ok mate I took some out years ago roofs still standing lol as long as you wedge them side walls you have built up under the rafters and maybe put some short timbers acroos above head height bolted with star washers that roof wont go knowhere :yep:  and it will give you a bit of a flat ceiling then to hang your lights,...

Just looked at your pics again ,you have put timbers down from the rafters on to a wall plate on the floor that's :yep: so that is spreading the load bearing , if you want extra support do the timbers across the top as I mentioned with star washers that wont go know where then you can take them jacks out no problem, .... I didn't do half as much as you've done an I never had a problem,.... 

Edited by panik
4 people like this

4 hours ago, Solly said:

Hahah thats funny man. About the joists I was thinking of strengthening them but too much work and I couldnt be bothered. They seem pretty solid anyways. No bouncing or sagging.

Happy days.

just wondered, its a pain the change them. 

keep the pics coming, love a well built growroom

:thumsup:

1 person likes this

Will do mate,  gonna do more work over the weekend.  Mainly insulating and plaster boarding. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, panik said:

Yeah should be ok mate I took some out years ago roofs still standing lol as long as you wedge them side walls you have built up under the rafters and maybe put some short timbers acroos above head height bolted with star washers that roof wont go knowhere :yep:  and it will give you a bit of a flat ceiling then to hang your lights,...

Just looked at your pics again ,you have put timbers down from the rafters on to a wall plate on the floor that's :yep: so that is spreading the load bearing , if you want extra support do the timbers across the top as I mentioned with star washers that wont go know where then you can take them jacks out no problem, .... I didn't do half as much as you've done an I never had a problem,.... 

Thanks for your advice mate. I'm just worried about the floor taking the load as I never strengthened the joists and my ceilings below may sag.  But I'm definitely gonna look into it.:yep:

firstly congratulations on the first grow ... and WHAT a grow it is ,   theyre monsters ... you must carry your knackers roung in a fekin wheelbarrow or sommat mate .... i can guarentee if i put just one  little auto in my back garden ....  i would get a bang on the door from plod before it even started to flower ..... how the fek  youve got away with having that ganja jungle in  there overlooked by everyone i will never know ...

3 people like this

45 minutes ago, Solly said:

Thanks for your advice mate. I'm just worried about the floor taking the load as I never strengthened the joists and my ceilings below may sag.  But I'm definitely gonna look into it.:yep:

It would be fine mate ,..  them jacks are only holding the perlings up (those big thick beams to stop the rafters bowing) so you take the jacks out at the angle and cut them straight underneath propping the perlins up just like you have the walls you've erected under the rafters already,.. :yep:  theres not a lot of weight for it be carrying mate really as its spread over everything,...

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, vortex said:

firstly congratulations on the first grow ... and WHAT a grow it is ,   theyre monsters ... you must carry your knackers roung in a fekin wheelbarrow or sommat mate .... i can guarentee if i put just one  little auto in my back garden ....  i would get a bang on the door from plod before it even started to flower ..... how the fek  youve got away with having that ganja jungle in  there overlooked by everyone i will never know ...

Cheers Vortex,  yeah I'm getting tired of pushing that wheelbarrow around lol. In all honesty  I'm stupid and have been lucky so far. Initially I germinated 16 beans thinking they all wouldn't pop but they did.  Then i thought i will only keep the strongest best looking ones but they all looked good and i couldn't  decide which to keep.  As time went on I never had the heart to kill some so I said fuck it all or nothing.  This journey ain't over yet.  The last few miles to harvest which is next week.  Hopefully my luck will hold out. 

3 people like this

Only just seen this and my god what a pretty sight.. beautiful plants and on your first grow fucking top notch my man!! This is to good for the guerilla growing section... We're all fucking cowards lol

Edited by 80085
2 people like this

8 hours ago, Solly said:

Have to strongly advise against removing them without getting some serious engineering advice. They weren't placed there idly for a laugh... It's not just the risk of immediate collapse, it's the potential for weakening/sagging/etc. over years, which could potentially knock significant value off the selling price if that day ever comes, along with other knock-on factors.

Well done in any case. In all respects, you're doing a cracking job.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, 80085 said:

Only just seen this and my god what a pretty sight.. beautiful plants and on your first grow fucking top notch my man!! This is to good for the guerilla growing section... We're all fucking cowards lol

Cheers my friend, I'm pretty chuffed with what I have achieved. But I couldnt have done it without you good folk here spreading the knowledge. :yep: