Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bearukc

Gorilla Glue #4 by Elev8 seeds.

66 posts in this topic
28 minutes ago, Bubbles Depot said:

@coconut babaJust from reading threads like this around the internet and looking out for recommendations.

Most home and boutique breeders tend to have a home forum, where they'll post info about releases and future projects etc. Like VRG does here for example.

Thanks, are they posting on here on the breeders page ? Found VRG thanks. :)

1 person likes this

On 29/11/2017 at 6:31 PM, coconut baba said:

Is it an auto strain ?

yes and another one is 4 assed monkeys but sold out until begining of december 

heres his website   

1 person likes this

On 29/11/2017 at 7:51 PM, monster69 said:

yes and another one is 4 assed monkeys but sold out until begining of december 

heres his website   

Thanks, I had a look earlier, nothing available though. I don't do auto's any more but their photoperiod strains look nice.

This little GG4 has been sitting in the growshed but not in an ideal position. She's at 34 days flowering now and no sign of hermies. By the same token there's no sign of frostiness either! The camera flash makes it look whiter and frostier  than it does to the naked eye.  Not much else to say - she doesn't seem exceptional in any way at this point but I have three healthy cuts on the sidelines, in case.

large.IMG_2123.JPG

6 people like this

@bearukcI've ran Elev8 seeds Bruce Banner and was pleasantly suprised, i know they got a bad rep for misrepresenting the GG strain but will be good to see what you think. Ive ran Darhorse GG#4 and was impressed with it in every department.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I also got 5 'GG4' seeds off Elev8, they all cracked well , they at 28days now 3 are very leggy & stretched 150%+ , these look like the could be 10-11 wk , 2 others look to be a different  pheno ,  seem to be going like an 8 weeker...100%stretch

kept a cut off each but 3/4 out of the 5 I'd probably chuck , far too stretchy for my bud room 

the wondering continues... 

Edited by JTR
2 people like this

I have GG4xWW freebie sitting in the prop, a lot slower than three out of eighth already across the germ line, will keep a very sceptical eye on it, may not germ yet, and I will put her at the back of the line to the casting couch should they all turn up. 

Odd that freebie crosses are available of known hermies :g: hopefully expert seeds has stabilised it. They are also up against Barney`s, another I`ve had trouble with a couple of times so I had hopes for GG4xww but I only need 6...

@ratdog I've got one of those gg x ww freebies going. I put it 12.12 a couple of days ago. It had about 7 weeks veg but I topped it twice and didn't pot it on until late in an attempt to hold it back. I'm keeping a close eye on mine and I have it at the front of the tent where I can see it. 

Have a look at my Gorilla Bomb thread.

Just before Xmas a mate got hold of a tried and tested Gorilla Glue 4 cut. He promised me I can take a few cuts for myself :) Very happy.

2 people like this

Day 50 flowering for this little one and it now has the entire growshed  and a 600w all to itself. It's filling out and frosting up. Maybe not as much frost as might have been expected at this stage, if one believes the hype! I reckon it will go another two weeks or more. I've lightly touched a lower bud to get an indication of aroma and ,frankly, it smells horrible!

No sign of hermies but I've found she's fairly resistant to spider mites. The coffee kush which were it the shed with it were covered in mites. No quite to the web stage but quite a lot of them. All the way through I've only found two mites on the GG4 but they didn't seem to be feeding on it. I've only ever had two mite resistant plants, this one and a NYCD from Sannies.

I've kept two cuts which are vegging under a 400w. I may, or may not add them to my next batch. They're very slow growing plants and they need to speed up a bit if they're to survive. I've bought a pack of Cali Connection Girl Scout Cookies and I'm eager to get them going. Plans may change!!

large.IMG_2145.JPG

3 people like this

large.IMG_2167.JPGlarge.IMG_2165.JPG

Day 60 flowering and I think I was kidding myself thinking this was frosting up! I pulled and trimmed it earlier today and it was hardly sticky, not what you'd expect from a GG4!! It smells like crap and looks like crap. I'm not looking forward to trying it at all but it looks like I may have to survive on it for a week or two! I can't place the smell - the nearest I can get is old socks and cucumber, yuk.

I only grew one little plant and didn't have faith in it from the start. I can't imagine how another grower must feel after filling their growroom with this nasty stuff. The expense and the time wasted, not to mention disappointment.

What can I say in conclusion. The nay-sayers were right. I was told it was shit and it is. Seems Elev8 or the people behind it have some explaining to do. I hope the negative reviews of these seeds is enough to see them shut down. There's no place for shysters and shitbags in the canna trade.

If you read this Elev8 - you owe me 50 quid!!

Edited by bearukc
add pics
4 people like this

large.rsz_20180121_171650.jpg

heres the clone i received as the original and by the looks of her i have no doubt its original.

i think its about 4 or 5 weeks here and did stretch a fair bit.

reading on icmag shes a 10 weeker.

its only one small plant at the edge as a test but if it carries on as it is im gonna do a full run soon.

im sure i saw a piccy of your received original cuts @bearukc ?

i found her pretty slow to root but good things come to those that wait!

4 people like this

@stu sleeper 20vt You did see a picture of four good GG4 cuts I picked up last week :thumsup:  I'd been on the trail of them since October. The original mum has been flowered out and, although I didn't see it, I've been assured it's a good one. If it's like your one in the pic, I'll be a happy bunny :)

4 people like this

@stu sleeper 20vt

Looking really frosty mate

Yes mate shes defo a 9-10 weeker plant. All the yanks say she packs on the weight in the last 2 weeks and not to be shocked if she looks a week or so behind other plants when in flower as she catches up at the end. Also seen alot of them saying dont feed her to strong as she can 'lockout' at higher EC levels. And she is a real vigorous bitch once she gets going. 

First time i ran her i pulled her early and really regretted it personally i would let her go 9 weeks minimum. As far as the slow rooting cuts i reckon you probaly just recieved cuts from a weaker mother. Ive had her rooting in 2 weeks no problem but when the mother aint in the best health she has taken up to 3 weeks. Just try to keep her in good health and watch out for 'dudding'.

@bearukc Its a shame about the seeds you bought and ran. Just look at it as a learning experience though and only to grow seeds from reputable breeders with plenty of pics and grow reports. Unfortunately there are 'seed companies' out there that will slap the most popular name on their beans and sell it as whatevers trending when in reality there seeds are completely bollocks. I guess the only thing you can do is warn other growers who are contemplating buying their seeds in the future and steer them away.

Hopefully the Original Glue / GG4 lives up to your expectations. She is a great plant. Im big in to the smell and taste of strains though and the glue didnt really tick the boxes in that department for me but if your looking for something that puts you on your arse then she does that great.

2 people like this

@blazee Yes mate. I was really disappointed when I found out the seeds were useless. I bought them through a med user/cancer network so I hope med users aren't growing them hoping for a bumper crop of meds. I informed the guy I got them from but I've left the 'closed' group om FB.

Hopefully if someone finds this thread through a google search, they'll be wiser than me.

The Gorilla Bombs and the ww x GG I'm growing are coming along though. There might be a keeper in there and I've got cuts from each plant.

Would you say it was Indica, sativa or a percentage of each?

1 person likes this

@blazeee yeah tbh i was a bit apprehensive getting an american cut as broadmites seem to be everywhere...it came with thrips... lol but luckily i kept it seperate and gave it the treatment before introducing it to the flower room.

has yours had a problem with this dudding?

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
2 people like this