Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elvis Reg

Films that are so bad they are good.

22 posts in this topic

Saw the re make of the Sweeney recently. Was a fan of the originals. Loved their gritty authenticity. Well as much as a 12 year old might know about gritty realism. lol

Anyhow. It started off bad and got a lot worse. It got so bad it went beyond boring and into legendary film making category. It is not easy to make a movie this bad.   actually had to stop the movie and wipe the tears of laughter from my face and recover from the pain  from laughing uncontrollably.  Worth a watch. See how far you can make it through the movie before reaching your breaking point. Mine was the 'Heat' style gunfight in central London. However upon reflection I'd have enjoyed it more had I broken down at the sight of Ray Winstone with his kit off in the worst sex scene I've ever seen on screen about 10mins in.

The other obvious one is 'Passenger 57' which is pure gold. 'Always bet on black'  Also don't forget to surround the airplane on the runway only from one side so the bad guy can run off round the back. Julian Sands and Wesley Snipes have never been better.

Would love to know more about similar category movies. There are loads of really old ones but I enjoy the big wastes of money more recently as I've seen most of the old ones already on 'Mystery Science Theatre 5000' or whatever it was called.

Edited by Elvis Reg

Flash Gordon is IMHO one of the best so bad it's good movies of all time. The glorious campness, the total lack of any acting ability of the bloke playing Flash (he was so bad they overdubbed his dialogue) and Brian Blessed being, well, Brian Blessed basically lol 

E2A Though Edward D Wood jr was the undisputed king of bad movies, Plan 9 From Outer Space being his masterpiece, often nominated as the worst movie ever made (though for my money that dubious honour goes to the truly execrable Battlefield Earth, based on an equally awful book by everyone's favourite cult founding bell end L Ron Hubbard and starring noted scientology nutjob John Travolta, it's not so bad it's good, it's so bad it's just fucking awful).

Edited by Boojum
3 people like this

my choice would be cool as ice starring vanilla ice.. the guy was just to cool for himself.. its a realy crass movie but somehow very watchable

2 people like this

Braindead....its so low budget that its brilliant! 

Edited by goldie_2007
2 people like this

1 person likes this

The Ice Pirates :) spot a young Ron Perlman

1 person likes this

Tremors 

;)

3 people like this

@goldie_2007 Brain-dead is good, but I always preferred Bad Taste (Peter Jackson's other gore film)

1 person likes this

I've always enjoyed the Wayans family films, this one is the best of the bunch

1 person likes this

Enter The Dragon

Owd

I watched The Room a month or so back. It was the worst rated film on IMDB at one point. Its so painfully bad, the script, the acting, the set, the plot. Did have us all laughing at it all the way through, so was actually an entertaining evening.

1 person likes this

Off the top of my head..

Super Mario Brothers.

Hackers

Tank Girl

Fortress (and the sequel)

(Yeah the 90's is prime territory for these)

Edited by iBMe
2 people like this

Predator

I Like the Machete movies :sadwalk:

2 people like this

I love films, me. I pretend to like clever ones sometimes, but given one of my favourite lines from any film ever is the below perhaps I should stfu..."Night of the Comet".

1 person likes this