Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JaxtheXIV

My grow room and my problems.. please help

40 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Bucketboi said:

@JaxtheXIV

The aircon is a long term solution for a long term problem that is geographical induced.  A second fan would be an option I would look into first. 

BB

I. Gonna look into the portable ac how much did you get yours for?

45 minutes ago, sidders said:

ive got a similar size loft room, im running 4x400w with a 10 inch intake and 12 inch extract, running lights overnight, temps are 25-26,, before the hotspell i was using 4 x 600w and temps were similar.... you should seriously look at upgrading your fans imo

Hi so what with the 4 lights how is your room not boiling. I have been told my temperature reading could be false reading so I'm gonna try get a true reading. But wow with just 1 600watt air cooled lighting it's roasting . I'm now seriously begging it to believe it's my shitty 5" extractor I need a good 8 I'm thinking 

I use parabolics,  get a minimum  8 inch extract  imo

how big is your actual space ? obviously your 5" out isnt cutting it & a 6" fan would need to be run at full speed to keep the temp's within tolerance

but if where you stay has decent summer temp's outside, then I'd go with an 8" minimum & would even consider a 10" fan as long as you were using

a good fan controller, i'd then either use your exhisting 5" fan for an intake & use the 4" fan & filter elsewhere like in a veg cab or a plant drying area.

It's 1.7 metres by 1.7 metres by 1.8 metres high in the apex and slants down . 

I also think myself I need 8" but would it be ok to keep the air cooled light that's 5inch ? Hopefully there some sort of reducers I can use if not gonna have to buy another ffs will end up with 2 grow rooms by this rate . In my head my grownspace was smal but now I'm realising it maybe not 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed please use @function to avoid repetition

Looks like my temperature reading wa royally off after putting a canopy over my digital thermometer I'm getting better results t mos at night are 26 ish and in the day Been 30 nothing on the ridiculous scale of 40s hopefully it stays like this . 

as has been said growing in a loft is a nightmare, i grow all year round, and just endured temps of 46C!

upping the extraction to more than you need will work, i have my intake on the cooler side of the house, a 9" fan 2 if the height of the plants allows, but the carbon filter outside the grow are will help with temps and plant health

i only grow in a meter square tent, summer time under a 400w, winter time under a 600w, prefer growing in winter much easier to keep them warm than cool them down!

good luck

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, smallbeginings said:

as has been said growing in a loft is a nightmare, i grow all year round, and just endured temps of 46C!

upping the extraction to more than you need will work, i have my intake on the cooler side of the house, a 9" fan 2 if the height of the plants allows, but the carbon filter outside the grow are will help with temps and plant health

i only grow in a meter square tent, summer time under a 400w, winter time under a 600w, prefer growing in winter much easier to keep them warm than cool them down!

good luck

Hi mate how wa the temps today like you I'm dimming to 400wayt through summer and early stages of veg and then will up to 600 watt when they get bigger and for flowering and also still need o get a 8" extraction added which I thought about and will do and keep the 5" on the go but that being said do I still need a filter on the end of the 8" or can I literally have the ducting in the grow room the extractor fan on the outside and the ducting on the other side into my chimney stack and is that ok so it's suck all the hot air out? I got a 4 inch intake at the bottom . 

47 minutes ago, JaxtheXIV said:

Hi mate how wa the temps today like you I'm dimming to 400wayt through summer and early stages of veg and then will up to 600 watt when they get bigger and for flowering and also still need o get a 8" extraction added which I thought about and will do and keep the 5" on the go but that being said do I still need a filter on the end of the 8" or can I literally have the ducting in the grow room the extractor fan on the outside and the ducting on the other side into my chimney stack and is that ok so it's suck all the hot air out? I got a 4 inch intake at the bottom . 

if your using the cool light, youll need the carbon filter outside, id put the fan outside as well ease the temps. other than that looks good. if needs be spend more time getting the room and enviro right.

11 hours ago, smallbeginings said:

if your using the cool light, youll need the carbon filter outside, id put the fan outside as well ease the temps. other than that looks good. if needs be spend more time getting the room and enviro right.

Really I thought a carbon filter sucks the smells from the grow room to then send out so the grow room doesn't smell? I could be wrong but if the filter was outside the grow room surely it is cleaning the air from outside the grow room and leaving bad air in the room?