Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

9lastic

dinafem
4 Auto Strains in small space and coco under COB

109 posts in this topic

After failing to get 8 seeds above the ground (even tried to do my first journal with them) I decided to give it a shot again. 

I grew critical cheese auto and blue critical auto before in the same space but in soil and under cfl light.  The results were pretty good. Particularly critical cheese has been very popular amongst my friends for its unique flavor and scent. Pretty stron too.  

Blue critical is just about to finish curing, so still proper sampling needs to be done. 

Here is a pic of Blue critical nug:

large.IMG_313.jpglarge.IMG_309.jpg

This time around I decided to grow two strains I know and the two that didn't get above the ground for me - haze XXL auto & Dinamex auto. 

So ine seed each, has been planted directly into turf puck saturated in water.  And these went directly into the coco. I know it doesn't seems to make that much sense but it seemed much safer and error free if I'll just let the nature do the job, rather than moving the seed around and risking any more damage or loosing another seed (can't afford that after loosing 8 already)

So the seeds were planted yesterday. 

Here re are all the details for the moment:

Light:

diy Cree cxb3590 x4 driven at max 200w. 

At the moment they are on 20/4 driven at 15W

Medium:

Coco, saturated with light feed. Mixed with about 30% perlite. 

Pots:

5l regular pots with pretty big drainage holes

Grow space:

secret jardin tent 

60x60 cm

Temp:

~23 degrees

RH:

~60%

Strains from Dinafem:

Haze XXL auto

Critical Cheese auto

Blue Critical auto

Dinamex auto

its my first grow fully under those lights only and in coco. So would be amazing to get any kind of advice along the way. 

Right. Ow keep your fingers crossed that the seeds will make it above the ground. :)

cheers lads! 

4 people like this

Hi mate, Make sure your seeds aren't to wet,

what nutrients are you using?

There is no need for perlite in coco.

good luck with it dude, I use to love my dr60.

Edited by golf.007
3 people like this

26 minutes ago, golf.007 said:

Hi mate, Make sure your seeds aren't to wet,

what nutrients are you using?

There is no need for perlite in coco.

good luck with it dude, I use to love my dr60.

Hey @golf.007! Thanks for having a look. 

The seeds are. It too wet for sure.  The pots have been in the tent for about a week without any watering, so they should be relatively easy for the tap root to penetrate. 

Read on growweedeasy.com that its good to add perlite to help with drainage. I know coco is draining pretty well, but it shouldn't harm it anyway. Right? 

I have a set of Hessi nutes for coco. 

Used Hessi for  soil grows and was pretty happy with them. Although I'm open to experimentation. 

also, I got cal mad from Advanced Nutrients. 

2 people like this

Imo perlite isn't needed and is actually just taking up pot space not to mention it is extremely bad for your health if inhaled,so if you do use it take extra precautions when mixing etc.

when I start my seeds I just soak them for a few hours in tepid water then place them sideways just below the surface in damp not wet compost in seed trays.  I then stick the trays in a carrier bag to keep humid and stop from drying out. Put them somewhere warm or on a heat mat or something.

good choice on your 5 litre pots.

3 people like this

Four autos fit nicely in a DR60 size tent, I have done that myself. As for LED's and coco, I have no experience. 200w of LED should be good though. :)

2 people like this

Gonna follow this as it sounds like it'll be a tidy diary, good luck with them @9lastic :lucky:

3 people like this

8 hours ago, golf.007 said:

Imo perlite isn't needed and is actually just taking up pot space not to mention it is extremely bad for your health if inhaled,so if you do use it take extra precautions when mixing etc.

when I start my seeds I just soak them for a few hours in tepid water then place them sideways just below the surface in damp not wet compost in seed trays.  I then stick the trays in a carrier bag to keep humid and stop from drying out. Put them somewhere warm or on a heat mat or something.

good choice on your 5 litre pots.

Thanks for advice dude! 
I did in fact inhale a good bit of that crap when mixing it... was not very pleasant.. but I'm alive, so that's a good sign ;)

In terms of germinating seeds, in previous grows I had a similar approach as this time, and they didn't fail. So I guess that's why I stuck to thhis one.. will defo try yours next time. Gracias!

2 people like this

8 hours ago, ananda said:

Four autos fit nicely in a DR60 size tent, I have done that myself. As for LED's and coco, I have no experience. 200w of LED should be good though. :)

Funny you say that.. 

First grow I had 4 autos in soil in 11L pots... the result was about 140gr of dry bud.
Second grow, I had 2 autos in soil in home made 20L airpots and the result was about 80-95gr of dry bud... 
So Third time is a charm as they say.. deided to change to coco and smaller pots but stik with four plants, and here I am. Sitting and watching grass grow.. literally :P

These Led's can be driven at 200W each :D but their longevity decreases and efficiency goes down significantly (as for PAR to Watts ratio). They are meant to be the most efficient driven at about 50W each, so thus the driver that's capable of 200W. But that will get there I'd say towards the end of flowering.
In the last grow, I installed these LEDs in place of CFL 200W, and drove them at about 80%... which caused one of the plants to throw some bananas.. and it was only in last two weeks... so they CAN cause stress :) should be enough for such small space.

2 people like this

I grew mine in 6l pots, 5l would be about the same I think. I fancy some of those diy cobs myself. :)

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, ananda said:

I grew mine in 6l pots, 5l would be about the same I think. I fancy some of those diy cobs myself. :)

Were they Autos? 

What strains? What did you crop was ? 

These cobs are are pretty awesome, the problem I have with them is that they run too cool... lol

1 person likes this

We have a lift off ladies and gents! :woot:

Here are the girls, lifting their heads up. It's not even 60 hours after they went into the pucks. 
No soaking, no paper towels.. nada. :D

Have a look:

Critical Cheese is taking it's time.. but it's on the way.

large.IMG_0317.JPG

Similar with Blue Critical, but a bit more progress... :)large.IMG_0316.JPG

Dinamex seems to be the fastest of the four at this stage.large.IMG_0314.JPG

Haze XXL is not far behind really. large.IMG_0315.JPG

here is the whole grow space :

large.IMG_0318.JPGlarge.IMG_0319.JPG

normally in soil I would leave them be without any interferring or watering untill they will straighten up, and than give water only if the soil will be dry few centimeters deep. Aslo, I would give them some air circulation with extraction fan.. However that lowers RH significantly, so I would be tempted to leave it as is.

Since this is my first grow in Coco I'm a bit hesitant after fucking up the other 8 seeds.. :P
So I have few questions to those more experienced with coco:

When should I give them water?

When should they get nutes, and which ones? 
How often? 

Should I leave all the holes sealed for now to keep the RH at 65% as is before they will develop roots?

Any other advice would be fantastic!

3 people like this

Firstly @9lasticthank you for getting this grow diary going :yep: and secondly 4 autos and the addition of the cob led this should make for a very interesting grow and one we will be watching with interest :)

You have 4 great autos which look eager to join the party and 60 hours with no germination method you have done well to get these above ground so fast :yep:

Thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next update :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

2 people like this

18 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Firstly @9lasticthank you for getting this grow diary going :yep: and secondly 4 autos and the addition of the cob led this should make for a very interesting grow and one we will be watching with interest :)

You have 4 great autos which look eager to join the party and 60 hours with no germination method you have done well to get these above ground so fast :yep:

Thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next update :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark

Glad to have you here, any suggestion - fire away

On 2017-6-12 at 5:54 PM, 9lastic said:

Were they Autos? 

What strains? What did you crop was ? 

These cobs are are pretty awesome, the problem I have with them is that they run too cool... lol

They were Sweet Seeds, Jack47 and Trainwreck, two of each, auto's yea. If I was going to go LED I would want the DIY cobs too. I can't remember what I yielded but it was a good grow. I did a diary which I can't find atm but here is the album 

Edited by ananda
2 people like this

@ananda

thanks mate! These buds look amazing, super frosty!

hopefuly I'll manage to get that much glitter or mine :) 

yesterday day a lot of seeds arrived at my dooor... so can't wait to start them all now lol

1 person likes this