Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Robot808

Cellar Grow Room

75 posts in this topic

Just bought a new house & as im doing bits ready for it to move into i thought id document my cellar growroom build. Hope you enjoy the thread. Love you all :smokin:

Heres the first stage before the plasterer came, extraction straight into the chimney breast, this room the photo is taken from is going to be the pool room & the chimney breast overboarded. The hole is 8inch in diameter which is perfect for me to run oversized fan etc :skin_up:

I'll update as things are happening

large.590fa87a2aafe_image1(1).JPGlarge.590fac41f349c_image1(1).JPGlarge.590fac512eae4_image1(2).JPG

12 people like this

I would love to be able to do that, have fun mate. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just to note, the pic has been taken from the room above the cellar, the white bricks you see through the 8inch hole is the cellar

Edited by Robot808
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

large.DCEB86E6-A428-4835-9CEE-D7A1304A9B81.JPGlarge.C0BCDE7C-E839-4228-8F0B-CC2F5B184C15.JPGlarge.96A08773-B91C-4F7D-A1BB-AE500BE06ABE.JPGlarge.91C03619-50D8-4F5A-87ED-A682DEECE7B8.JPGlarge.798FC6B3-4069-4243-987F-745A5AB5001C.JPGlarge.679380B1-7E0B-4B41-B706-36E1580E1FD2.JPGlarge.60FF1717-CD8B-495D-A959-6FE4BCB26EE2.JPGlarge.04F25733-74D6-4216-BE79-8655628123DD.JPG

Here's the cellar. At the moment the head clearance is only 180cm. I'm getting a company in to convert this space & when they are finished there will be a head clearance of 210cm. Perfect for my tent which is 2m high. I'll take pics of the conversion as it's happening so you can see the progress. 

Edited by Robot808
8 people like this

Loving this already ive always dreamed of a cellar to imagine having a grow out the way, people can come round and not have to worry about strange light and fan noise coming from a spare room or tent lol i dont understand how a company is going to get you more head room in the cellar hows that possible?  Im pulling up a chair for this one........

3 people like this

the only things wrong with your cellar is that its a bit tight for headroom but its workable, the other point is that the meters also down in the cellar

so you will have to be careful with the grows placement as a meter reader will want access to check the meter.

4 people like this

If it's a pre-payment meter,it won't be too bad,nobody been to read mine for 3 years.

but thats not a prepaid meter & I've just noticed that the gas meter is there too so thats someone else who would want access.

but what the OP could do is build a room & disguise the outside of the room with using something like fake brick cladding,

paint the outside area the same colour & you'd never know a grow was down there.

pr-510-farmer-brick.jpg

6 people like this

They might not have checked in a few years but energy company's can check it any time they want.  you can refuse them entryup to a point but the are legally allowed to check your meters to be sure they arnt tampered with.. and with them wanting evrybody on smart meters buy 2020 I would be very concerned about growing in that space.. it is a nice one though.. 

2 people like this

Any updates mate........

1 person likes this

On 5/11/2017 at 10:57 AM, RePtOiD said:

Loving this already ive always dreamed of a cellar to imagine having a grow out the way, people can come round and not have to worry about strange light and fan noise coming from a spare room or tent lol i dont understand how a company is going to get you more head room in the cellar hows that possible?  Im pulling up a chair for this one........

They dig down & underpin m8, i'll put pics up of the progress as they happen :skin_up:

On 5/11/2017 at 0:04 PM, Joint hogger said:

the only things wrong with your cellar is that its a bit tight for headroom but its workable, the other point is that the meters also down in the cellar

so you will have to be careful with the grows placement as a meter reader will want access to check the meter.

The headroom will be sorted once they have dug the floor down.

Im also going to be looking at moving both meters outside or at least into the room above into a cuboard. Ive still to contact the supplier yet about this. Thanks for your feedback m8 :yinyang:

On 5/11/2017 at 0:38 PM, Joint hogger said:

but thats not a prepaid meter & I've just noticed that the gas meter is there too so thats someone else who would want access.

but what the OP could do is build a room & disguise the outside of the room with using something like fake brick cladding,

paint the outside area the same colour & you'd never know a grow was down there.

Only 1 meter reader comes to my house, same supplier for both services gas & electric.

Ive been looking at this fake cladding just recently, it looks mint & would look good if done properly etc in the way you mention in the cellar but i dont want to build a room as i like the fact i can take the tent down & pop it back up again when i feel like it. Once the cellars converted it will be just like a normal bedroom so i dont want to be ruining it you see, i can just take the tent down if i need the bedroom back. Thanks for your input m8 :kiss:

1 person likes this

On 5/11/2017 at 0:44 PM, Sancho Panza said:

They might not have checked in a few years but energy company's can check it any time they want.  you can refuse them entryup to a point but the are legally allowed to check your meters to be sure they arnt tampered with.. and with them wanting evrybody on smart meters buy 2020 I would be very concerned about growing in that space.. it is a nice one though.. 

Hey Sancho m8, thanks for the information. See posts above about the meters :nerd: hope your well bud

On 5/12/2017 at 9:59 PM, RePtOiD said:

Any updates mate........

Whooaa hold on m8, its not going to be a quick thread this lol it all takes time to get it right dude :nenenenene: thanks for following m8

2 people like this