Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ameth

Clones and thrips

hello there, so I got new clones from a friend. and few days later when I put them in a rockwool cubes I released something is eating them, they had those little white lines like if it was infected with thrips, I couldnt find them crawling, or anything. Got some treatment going for thrips and spidermites just in case its spidermites. I couldnt see anything moving after that either, ofcourse. Got some magnifying glass so I could see better and nothing. Are they very small in the beginning that its impossible to see them? and then my girls started developing some brown patches on their few leafs. Maybe because of those two different sprays I was using? one of them is for spidermites, the other is for thrips. Could it be? Now waiting for new leaves to grow so I could see if anything is damaging them, and if those brown patches develop.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Seems like a pest damage, but you cant see them, applying some sprays, getting brown patches on leaves as a result of it.

Stressful :/

Little white lines sounds more like leaf miners thrips are a bit more patchy but would need a PIC to be sure 

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Moobman said:

Little white lines sounds more like leaf miners thrips are a bit more patchy but would need a PIC to be sure 

I googled how it looks like when you have leaf miners, definitely not that. Its more patchy as you say. :) the closest think it looks like to, is thrips for sure

1 hour ago, Ameth said:

I googled how it looks like when you have leaf miners, definitely not that. Its more patchy as you say. :) the closest think it looks like to, is thrips for sure

I battle thrips every year in the garden you should be able to see them with a magnifying glass i can usually see them with the naked eye hopefully there dead and gone how many clones are you running ? 

13. and I will soon upload images of how the leaves were so I thought its thrips, and after applying some DR.Chimmel Thrips terminator, how it looks now. which is awful 

7 minutes ago, Ameth said:

DR.Chimmel Thrips terminator, how it looks now. which is awful 

It's really strong stuff dude, you should've knocked it up at quarter strength for clones as at full strength it will mildly burn even quite large plants.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

It's really strong stuff dude, you should've knocked it up at quarter strength for clones as at full strength it will mildly burn even quite large plants.

dude, thanks, at least I know wtf has happened. I will upload images here soon. But at least I can be sure now this is why it happened. ofcourse clones will survive isnt it? new leaves will pop out and no problem, right?

@Ameth 

Fingers crossed bud :) I would give them a spray with something like a root stimulant (Rhizotonic, Root Tonic, to name a couple that are ok for spraying) when the lights are off and make sure to watch the strength of feed you are feeding them in the next few days. 

1 person likes this

ok, so this is why I thought there are thrips

large.rsz_img_20170324_195313608.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170324_195238329.jpglarge.58d9857778851_rsz_1img_20170324_195229905(1).jpg

and this is what happened after I applied some of DR.Chimmel Thrips and spidermites remover:

large.rsz_img_20170327_195726958.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195716460.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195706189.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195645313.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195640405.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195636147.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195619669.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195613510.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195606869.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195558057.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195527783.jpglarge.rsz_img_20170327_195450318.jpglarge.rsz_1img_20170327_195711788.jpg

4 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

@Ameth 

Fingers crossed bud :) I would give them a spray with something like a root stimulant (Rhizotonic, Root Tonic, to name a couple that are ok for spraying) when the lights are off and make sure to watch the strength of feed you are feeding them in the next few days. 

you can now view the images :) but yeah, I hope its gonna be ok. I thought maybe just giving them massive amounts of sprayed water to wash of any left chemicals.

They have just been burnt to bits, as long as you watch the feed from here on out in the root zone they will more than likely come round with a bit of TLC. Using a root stimulant as a foilar spray is better than just water as it contains a host of plant hormones that will give your plant a bit of a boost to help it get it backs on it feet.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

They have just been burnt to bits, as long as you watch the feed from here on out in the root zone they will more than likely come round with a bit of TLC. Using a root stimulant as a foilar spray is better than just water as it contains a host of plant hormones that will give your plant a bit of a boost to help it get it backs on it feet.

they already have roots, and new leaves are developing, so I dont really mind if it takes a little bit more time to recover. in two three days, there will be more new leaves. But this definitely should of killed anything that was eating my plants. Do you think it was thrips or spidermites? judging by photos of the leaves? 

27 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

What is TLC?

Tender loving care :yep:

and definitely thrips.

1 person likes this

thank you for all the help! 

1 person likes this