Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Winston.Chill

Nutrients and method Info required for outdoor grow

I have made a list of nutrients based on what iv been told on here and what i have gathered from the threads and wondering if I add them all will it over do it for the plants ?

 

I am considering around six plots of varied distance to where i live, some of which wont be possible to visit much apart from planting/harvesting so I would like to ensure that I don't over do it or if some of these choices should only be considered after a considerable time into the plants life ? Most of these by the way can be picked up dirt cheap at Poundstretchers (PS) incase anyone is wondering :)

 

Chicken Manure pellets

Blood fish and bone

Bonemeal

Liquid seaweed

Ecothrive charge

Mycorrhizal root fungi

 

Other plans involve slug traps and Vitax slug gone eco friendly wool pellets

 

What I plan to do is dig out each hole of around 1m squared and placing the earth into a bucket so i can loosen it up with some shears then filling the bottom  with an MPK ratio of 5-1-1 fertilizer. Ill mix the soil with the nutrients listen above then fill up the hole and place a top layer of fertilizer then cover with chicken pellets that ill bring a bottle of water with to soak down a little . Ill then surround the border of each hole with the wool pellets and place one or two DIY slug traps in the corner(s) . 

 

If any of this seems obscure or unnecessary please let me know .

 

Also I am thinking of going for coco coir growing plugs. Does anyone know if I should be starting the seeds under the towel method and then placing in the plugs or just to put the seeds in the plugs and then and then in darkness until sprouted to approx an 8th of an inch and the transferred into my propagation soil mix ?

 

Apologies for all the newbie questions , i am new to outdoor growing and have only had experience with indoor soil growing where I used verm/perm and which was obviously controlled every day so just looking to make sure I dont get any of the crucial first stages wrong to give me a good chance . 

 

Any help is much appreciated . W

Share this post


Link to post

Q4+ is organic and has everything in it its a very potent base fertiliser you can grab it at most garden centres it contains.

 

Bonemeal

Sulphate of Potash

Rock Phosphate

Kieserite

Hoof and Horn

Proprietary Mix of gardening Trace Elements

Blood Meal

Mycorrhizae and Bacillus

 

Go easy with it its quite strong

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

:g: Im pretty sur Q4 isnt organic. Neither are most them ingredients.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Key4 said:

:g: Im pretty sur Q4 isnt organic. Neither are most them ingredients.

 

 

every single ingredient on that list can be sourced organically even sulphate of potash and the packaging has organic plastered right across the front now I don't doubt vitax could be full of shit but when it has organic written right across the front I'll take there word for it 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 16/03/2017 at 4:53 PM, Moobman said:

Q4+ is organic and has everything in it its a very potent base fertiliser you can grab it at most garden centres it contains.

 

Bonemeal

Sulphate of Potash

Rock Phosphate

Kieserite

Hoof and Horn

Proprietary Mix of gardening Trace Elements

Blood Meal

Mycorrhizae and Bacillus

 

Go easy with it its quite strong

Hey I only just saw your reply, my notifications were turned off. So with Q4+ should I still use chicken poo pellets or is this enough ? Also how much should I use for a 1x1m plot ? Thanks for the help :)

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Winston.Chill said:

Hey I only just saw your reply, my notifications were turned off. So with Q4+ should I still use chicken poo pellets or is this enough ? Also how much should I use for a 1x1m plot ? Thanks for the help :)

I used the q4+ to prep my plots I'd put it in the ground a good few weeks before plant out with a good scattering of chicken pellets as well. I wouldn't use to much on a 1m2 plot as 1 plant will fill that easily I use a table spoon to distribute the q4+ and I'd use about 5/6 scoops worth on a 1m2 plot then turn it into the soil/compost and leave it for a few weeks if you can cover your plot with cardboard or something that helps keep it weed free I'd top dress with bat guano in august (for photoperiods) if possible but this isn't necessary chicken poo will do fine if the soils decent or amended well or you could try a comfrey/nettle tea if you have access to it 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Moobman said:

I used the q4+ to prep my plots I'd put it in the ground a good few weeks before plant out with a good scattering of chicken pellets as well. I wouldn't use to much on a 1m2 plot as 1 plant will fill that easily I use a table spoon to distribute the q4+ and I'd use about 5/6 scoops worth on a 1m2 plot then turn it into the soil/compost and leave it for a few weeks if you can cover your plot with cardboard or something that helps keep it weed free I'd top dress with bat guano in august (for photoperiods) if possible but this isn't necessary chicken poo will do fine if the soils decent or amended well or you could try a comfrey/nettle tea if you have access to it 

Ok, thanks . For most of my plots I will be able to pre-prep the plots but for 3 which are the most secure I will most likely only be able to visit whilst plotting . Do you have any tips on how i can fertilize in this type of scenario?

 

There's a small chance I can get down to them mid April and sort it out but in case i can't it would be really useful with the tips so i dont end up killing the plants

Share this post


Link to post

I'd still mix in some q4+ just make sure you mix it thoroughly and I'd only top dress with the chicken shit pellets if you cant give them time to break down and make sure you water them in well 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now