Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Manchesterman

Made a mess of RSO

I know someone who had made RSO and then put it into empty capsules. Problem is the dosage is WAYYY too strong. The messy part is that the RSO is like super glue stuck to the insides of the gelatin capsules. I've got 2 ideas of recollecting the oil which would allow the patient to dose it correctly. If anyone has some experience please let me know what would be the best path to take. 1. Warm some coconut oil in a pan then drop the capsules in. Ideal being the gelatin capsules will dissolve and the end product will be RSO enriched coconut oil. 2. Put the capsules in ISO to allow them to dissolve then burn off the ISO. I'm thinking the coconut oil idea would be best. Concern's are that I might burn the count oil or the capsules might not melt

1 person likes this

Coconut oil, you'd only have to put it in a bowl over the top of another one that has boiling water fresh from the kettle to melt and dissolve it so it won't burn.

E2a just fish the undisolved caps out when the oil has been washed off them by the coconut oil and use fresh ones.

Edited by sam-i-am
4 people like this

I'm throwing a graduation hat in the air as I have graduated with 50 posts! And yeah the coconut idea is what I'm leaning towards. Only question then would be. Would the gelatin capsules dissolve in the coconut oil at such low temperatures? I'm guessing I'm going to have to get my hands on more empty capsules.

I've always preferred vegetarian caps. They won't dissolve in oil but it doesn't matter if your caps don't, the coconut oil will wash most of the cannabis oil off and you can just eat them to make the most of the tiny residue that's left.

2 people like this

Sounds like a plan. I guess in the warm coconut oil the RSO will flow much better.

1 person likes this

Sounds like a plan. I guess in the warm coconut oil the RSO will flow much better.

It does, it's quite pretty to watch, the oil gradually infusing into the clear liquid coconut oil :stoned:

Edited by sam-i-am

Even at 4:1 (3 ml coco oil and 1 ml canna oil)...while warm...it flows great.

Use a 5 ml dropper,

Edited by gb1

Have you tried putting them in the freezer?

Will the RSO freeze and then you can just pick it out of the capsules?

I freeze my BHO, but have never frozen RSO.

The freezing sounds genius. Might put one in the freezer. Only issue I have is chances of picking up bacteria are massive in the freezer and that's not good for a cancer sufferer

The freezing sounds genius. Might put one in the freezer. Only issue I have is chances of picking up bacteria are massive in the freezer and that's not good for a cancer sufferer

Put 'em inside a freezer bag

1 person likes this

I never had any issues storing in the fridge or freezer

Sups can be taken out of a cap easily right out of the fridge. No need to freeze them. Depends on how long you plan on handling it :unsure:

Oil will freeze right solid in the freezer. mine is hard to deal with at room temp. A quick sit in a hot water bath will fix that.

I use baby jars to store it in and they warm well with out worry about cracking.