Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

v12xjs

The 1 foot farm

87 posts in this topic
Been a while so I thought I'd do another guided tour of my pc grow.

Here's the spec list:

Cab: Standard PC tower case 18x8x20 inches (WxDxH)

Lamp: 100w Philips Mastercolour Elite 930 Ceramic Metal Halide running on a Tridonic PCI digital ballast

Medium: Canna Coco Pro+

Nutes: Canna Coco A+B

The regime is perpetual, so the light is on 12/12 permanently with a new plant added to the cab every month or so.

I start from seed but take cuttings as soon as possible so I can keep the cycle going.

After a little break earlier this year I am now ready to start another cycle, so sit tight and I'll show you how I grow in a 1 cubic foot space.

14 people like this

Right then.
Here's the seed plant I've started with. It's a Sensi Feminized NL:

P1100295

P1100301

And the 2 cuttings

P1100366

P1100369

So you can probably see the plan. take a cutting from each of the little ones. I'll then send 1 plant to flower and leave the other as a mother plant.
The original seed plant that's currently flowering is due out in about 2-3 weeks, so the diary won't really start in earnest until then. It will be helpful to see how the original seedplant turns out though, so I'll begin the weekly updates from now.
12 people like this

UPDATE
I've taken the next batch of cuttings and repotted the clone that will kick off the show.

P1100431

P1100432

And the seedplant has put on a few grammes since the last photo shoot.

P1100434

P1100442

P1100448

The main plant doesn't look like being the biggest of yielders but there's time left yet. Just sticking with 2.5ml each of coco A and B at each watering, she takes about 800ml per day and is bone dry after 24 hours.
10 people like this

Never ceases to amaze me these micro grows,awesome stuff.

What your average per flowering cycle?

All the best

4 people like this

Good luck man what a awsome lil set up

2 people like this

Thanks for looking in guys. Much appreciate the kind words and wishes.
#Salty: Once I get it rolling I expect about a 1oz harvest every month. Not much I know, but it covers my needs.
I need to get the timing from the seedplant so I can work out the schedule for the clones, but as an example
If it takes 9 weeks from onset of 12/12 to finish, I will divide that by 3 plants (the max I can fit in the cab) and use it as follows:
Plant 1 goes in.
3 weeks later plant 2 goes in. 3 weeks have elapsed.
3 weeks later plant 3 goes in. 6 weeks have elapsed.
3 weeks later plant 4 goes in and plant 1 comes out. 9 weeks have elapsed.
3 weeks later plant 5 goes in and plant 2 comes out. 12 weeks have elaped and I have harvested 2 plants in just 3 weeks.
...And so on.
Last time I turned it off I had a quarter pound in jars, some was over 12 months old.
The cab will look pretty empty to start with but it will have 3 plants in there in 6 or 7 weeks time. The oldest plant will ideally fill about two thirds of the case, the 2nd will take up most of the rest of the space and the smallest plant will fit in wherever she can.

P1090962

P1090996

Some of the genetics I use can be really good yielders, I ran with this pheno last time out:

P1100060

12 people like this

Fantastic little system!

I have been researching doing something similar. What are you using for extraction and filtering?

1 person likes this

Thanks Mr Blue.

Right now I have a TD Silent 250 sat on top of the case. I do have a Rhino pro filter for it but these NL's are very light on the nose until they are dry and it hasn't been needed so far.

I will switch it out for a 12v server fan soon however, as it's far too big and obvious. The Sunon and Delta fans are almost as powerful, I just want to figure out a decent filter system for them before I do the swap.

1 person likes this

UPDATE
The seedplant is getting fairly close to vacating the cab now, ready for the grow to start in earnest. She has about a week left so I'm giving the 1st of the clones some quality time in the there with her when the light is on.
Feeding her water only now.

P1100472

P1100473

P1100482

The trichs are a bit all over the place atm but there's some amber evident so all should be good for next weekend.

P1100480

I ordered a new lamp during the week as this one has been in use since December. I'll swap it out over the weekend, hopefully I'll get a little PAR boost with a corresponding drop in temperature :)
7 people like this

Impressive stuff dude, do you have a heater in there over winter, what style is it?

1 person likes this

Hi Badders, I do use a heater in there. It's one of those reptile heat mats. I think it's 14w. You can see it on the right sidewall in this pic:

P1100448

It has an on/off switch fitted under the case but no separate timer. I tend to run the lights through the night and take advantage of daytime temps to keep the plants warm when the lights are off, so I only use the heater for a few weeks each year.

5 people like this

@@v12xjs

Nice little setup bud, I run a micro grow as well, bit bigger than yours but not by much......I have one question.....

Where are you getting the replacement clones from as the cycle progresses if your single cab is on 12/12?

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

@@v12xjs

Respect to you man :v: Achieving this is some feat and awesome stuff ::yep:

2 people like this

Great stuff. What canna nutes do you use just the base AB.

1 person likes this

This is really impressive, imagine having a server room full of these haha!

1 person likes this