Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Embryo

Adult colouring books

75 posts in this topic

Recently got into these as a stress-reliever and a way to improve hand-eye co-ordination.

Anyone else into them?

4 people like this

My wife got me one, I find it quite relaxing and kind of takes me back to childhood where life was simple. Excellent stress relief.

1 person likes this

I find it good to relax with as well, very addictive.

1 person likes this

What do you guys use to colour with?

Ive been using coloured pencils mostly but have been moving onto felt tips as they are easier on my carpal tunnel.

Really love the psychedelic designs on offer and the mandalas, do you guys have a design preference?

1 person likes this

I prefer colouring pencils, leaves a Much better overall effect for me and doesn't effect the picture on the reverse side unlike felt. Can also go lighter to leave a nice pastel colour and shade in places, with felt its all or nothing.

Eta: I'm currently doing "Millie marrota's wild savannah"

Edited by Kroost
1 person likes this

Cool, i think maybe my pencils are too hard as they need a bit of pressure for leave a decent mark.

luckily the book im on atm has thick pages so the ink doesnt go through.

Yeah my book is like lining paper but I colour so slowly the ink still soaks through lol

1 person likes this

I love colouring :) I like the really intricate fiddly pictures and I have a set of 'staedtler triplus' fine liners that are really nice to use, they are no good for big patches of colour though

1 person likes this

I've just googled for images of adult colouring books, including the results. Holy shit!

I might have to pick some up.

1 person likes this

watercolour pencils are great for colouring books you can wet them for deeper colour and shading :)

2 people like this

Adult Dot to Dot is where it's at now, I'm currently doing adult sandpit which is like kids sandpit but with added glass to make it more hardcore.

8 people like this

my stepdaughter has some issues with depression and anxiety and she loves them. Zen tasks I suppose. Me, I go for a walk but I like to see the quiet industry going on, the absorption.

Had to look the word up 'absorption' with that weird p. English teacher for years, I can usually spell any word but it's like I'd never written that before. You live and learn. Absorption.

4 people like this

Adult Dot to Dot is where it's at now, I'm currently doing adult sandpit which is like kids sandpit but with added glass to make it more hardcore.

lol chuck some hardcore in as well, and a bag of cement, make builders of em

3 people like this

@@White Warg The Range carry a good selection (and all the colouring gear)

@@jackryan I always wondered how they work!

@@THC4METOO I was looking at the adult D2D when i went and got my last couple of colouring books, im quite tempted, loved em as a kid

there are some very cool colouring books now, it is starting to get a wee bit hipsterish round the edges. My stepdaughter prefers disney princesses. She's 22 but there's no shame attached to disnophilia these days it seems.

1 person likes this