Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
camogreen

closed room no inlet or outlet help

45 posts in this topic

right I'm currently looking at ditching my extraction fan and inlet fans and having a closed room with opticlimate and co2

few question on a closed room

haven't used co2 before so what would be needed

and can you really just ditch the extraction where does it all go?

You will still need extraction to clear the stale air between co2 injections

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

surely the idea of a closed room is to not extract? otherwise all your doing is extracting the co2 out sorry trying to get my head around it

You will still need extraction to clear the stale air between co2 injections

What about air scrubbers & Ozone gens, plenty of info on the net about completely sealed grow rooms. Never done it but I find it a great idea and would hope to try it one day.

C :yinyang:

2 people like this

@@camogreen

From the way I understand it, the extract goes off while co2 is injected into the room, after a set time the humid co2 depleted air is extracted,

then the whole procedure goes round again. This is usually managed with a controller

If you consider that the plants are watered during their lives, all that water can't leave the room if there is no extraction, where does it go?

2 people like this

@@camogreen Just tried to send you a link, but you can't do messages yet. Look on ic mag for an article called 'Good Article on Closed Environment Growing (Sealed Rooms)

2 people like this

thank you charas ill have a read up

@@camogreen

From the way I understand it, the extract goes off while co2 is injected into the room, after a set time the humid co2 depleted air is extracted,

then the whole procedure goes round again. This is usually managed with a controller

If you consider that the plants are watered during their lives, all that water can't leave the room if there is no extraction, where does it go?

i understand dehumidifiers are a big part in closed rooms or one major factor of the opticlimate pro 4 is it dehumidifies most of the time

yea I'm just reading up about it now I'm sick of battling this heat its stressing me lol i think the only option left for me to do is go for a closed room with co2 generator

would rather get some info from some one who actually has a closed room at the moment rather than just read the net

1 person likes this

From IC Mag

I have found that some growers have had to install multiple dehumidifiers in order to control humidity, especially when lights are off. The reason for this is simple: humidity is relative to temperature. This means when air is cooler it holds less moisture, thereby increasing relative humidity. This happens quite quickly when lights shut down, and the end result is the dehumidifier can take too long to get the job done. Another reason why the dehumidifier has a harder time controlling the humidity when the lights are off is that the air conditioning was also dehumidifying the air. When the temperature dropped, the air conditioning stopped cooling as well as dehumidifying. And finally, dehumidifiers work best above 70 F. At cooler temperatures, a dehumidifier spends less time doing its job.

From IC Mag

I have found that some growers have had to install multiple dehumidifiers in order to control humidity, especially when lights are off. The reason for this is simple: humidity is relative to temperature. This means when air is cooler it holds less moisture, thereby increasing relative humidity. This happens quite quickly when lights shut down, and the end result is the dehumidifier can take too long to get the job done. Another reason why the dehumidifier has a harder time controlling the humidity when the lights are off is that the air conditioning was also dehumidifying the air. When the temperature dropped, the air conditioning stopped cooling as well as dehumidifying. And finally, dehumidifiers work best above 70 F. At cooler temperatures, a dehumidifier spends less time doing its job.

yea thought so you can ditch the extraction but you can also keep it for a closed/ open only using it if necessary at the min I'm sitting on around 35 with a 12 inch extraction at 4250 of the top of my head running 100% thats some extraction there and it isn't doing the job so after this cycle i think i have no other option but to go closed so i don't occur this problem again on those warmer days

This is way over my head I reckon you should contact nasa :yep:

About the vent or not vent issue he says on the article

So again I ask the question: To vent or not to vent? In my opinion, the best indoor environment for plants is created by using a hybrid of the open and closed methods. Try not to ventilate the room to control indoor climate, except when necessary. I believe that this method allows the best of both worlds. Having a garden that is sealed allows you to control the climate more precisely and allows you to easily enrich CO2, while the use of ventilation during extreme circumstances can help keep electricity and equipment costs down.

1 person likes this

surely the idea of a closed room is to not extract? otherwise all your doing is extracting the co2 out sorry trying to get my head around it

sounds and looks like you need to do some reading bro .

1 person likes this

sounds and looks like you need to do some reading bro .

been reading all night lol

you can have 100% closed room using air con and co2 no need for a inlet or extraction just the use of dehumidifier to get rid of that excess moisture in the air

Deffo need a dehumidifier. Openening a door or window if possible for a little while might help but then smell might be an issue, depends how stealthy you need to be.