Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
*DJ*

food adverts on tv

theres one at the min, Iceland, she says (the mum of the Iceland family) lets try this frozen Chinese, ....cuts to.. the family all stuffing their faces round the table..... cuts to...... its just as good as any Chinese takeaway?

where do these people live? what town/city only have Chinese shops on par with Iceland? I know it shouldn't, but it bugs me, the lengths the industry will go to to sell some frozen off cuts in a Chinese "style" syrup, if their prepared to go that far in a add, what bollox arnt they saying?

dj...

7 people like this

Pretty much anything advertised on TV claiming its as good as something else to me screams bullshit. If something is really that good they wouldn't need to advertise it and compare it to something else. Quality sells itself.

Edited by Kroost
1 person likes this

Totally with you on this DJ. Shit drives me nuts. I don't watch TV so my tolerance to that shit is minimal. Whenever I catch an advert I feel like exploding and imploding at the same time. I think it's because it's become normal. It bothers the shit out of me as it's got some really shitty connotations on how humans are happy treat one another. It's condoned insanity.

Now I'M annoyed. Thanks man!

:D

Edited by Snowziff

I suppose while @@*DJ* is banging on about Iceland and TV ads, I'm being left in peace.........it won't last........ :rofl:

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Talking of Iceland and shit food... Along comes @@stu914 lol

I've heard your burgers are legendary lol

2 people like this

The town i stay in has 2 chinese take aways. One is cheep and terrible the other is expensive and worse. Nothing from iceland could be worse than either of them. Not that i have had anything from iceland fro a very long time.

The town is known for having some very good restaurants but the take away situation is ridiculous. Dog shit would blow it away.

Cheers tico.

1 person likes this

Talking of Iceland and shit food... Along comes @@stu914 lol

I've heard your burgers are legendary lol

You've heard just what the rest of them 'heard', none of them has ever tasted one... :wallbash: ....Virtual burger anyone?

I certainly wouldn't listen to any of their comments on Tripadviser.... :nono: ....(or on here for that matter... :rofl: ....)

Virtual burger anyone?

No thanks i don't want virtual food poisening.

Cheers tico.

1 person likes this

@@tico cervantes

The clue is in the word 'virtual' tico mate, I doubt chewing on fresh air and your imagination will do you any harm......... :rofl:

My burgers on the other hand........well.........you're hardly likely to find out........... :ouch::naughty:lol

1 person likes this

I'd like to try one of your burgers Stu, no butty wagon's taken me down yet!

Cheese burger with sausage, bacon and onion please mate.

@@tico cervantes

The clue is in the word 'virtual' tico mate, I doubt chewing on fresh air and your imagination will do you any harm......... :rofl:

My burgers on the other hand........well.........you're hardly likely to find out........... :ouch::naughty:lol

@@stu914

Well the air quality round here is god but i can't say the same about my imagination. It's got me in trouble before.

Cheers tico.

1 person likes this