Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

38 posts in this topic

Hello everyone have a question to ask, would like to give a shout to @@SkyRider for helping me so far ect..

I first thought i was planting autoflowers, somehow i managed to germinate and not realize for a few days that they were just fast version seeds (Sweet seeds cream caramel F1 to be exact) yeah i know right real stupid.. The most stupid thing was i was following this guide which i was telt on here wasn't that useful.

To cut it short i germinated 4 photo seeds straight into 11 litre pots of coco and perlite 70:30, they are sprouted fine just now there light pale green, there not dead as i say @@SkyRider has done alot to help me so big ups to him, but hes a soil guy! Hes helping me to the best but theres gotta be someone whos done or know someone whos done this before?

Anyway there on day 8/9, three of them are fine as i say abit light but number 4 is still lacking on producing any new leaves. (BY THE WAY ITS MY FIRST EVERY GROW, JS;))

I started them on a ph of 6.5 thinking they were autos i give the pots an initial soaking of that before germinating anyway i started dropping it now ive been told and read that i should be giving in the region of 5.8-6.0 ph, is this correct i have done this for the last two days just with misting the top soil so hopefully that sorts them...

But since ive put them in big pots i dont know the best way about watering ive read so many claims let it dry out, flush till run off, ect i havent watered or fed till any run off so far ive just kept misting the top soil there are still abit heavy/damp so still have water in them but should i flush till run off to see if thats the problem? thats what i dont know since there only babys and they obviously wont have much roots yet?

Anyway that probably sounded confusing as fuck i hate typing so bad!, im a bit stoned but everyone on here is full of helpful advice i was wondering if anyone could sort off lay something out there!!

Thanks james, happy smoking :oldtoker:

2 people like this

I hand water until run off in coco every 2 days, seems to give a good wet dry cycle.

Don't forget cal/mag too, even if you use coco specific nutes I still find I need extra cal/mag.

3 people like this

Heres the pics in order 1,2,3,4 lights off and on

Now lights off sorry my crappy camera!

So as i say i havent fully had a run off your as there only seedlings any advice? (Will pickup some calmag this week)
1 person likes this

i would ditch the perlite next time,just use pure coco is great on its own,having said that I am using 60/40 pebble mix

keep them wet when young,in vegging they like higher humidity anyways,don't let the roots dry out

Edited by joba
2 people like this

my opinion is you have put the plants in too big a pot. I put babies in seed trays or pots of similar size, like 1/2 litre max. Usually smaller. Then I repot to 2litre pots then up to 9.5 litres and I think I cut corners. You are planting babies in 11 litre pots!

I'd ditch the perlite and go pure coco too.

Yea I think he put them in final pots thinking there are autos. Id ditch the perlite tho next time, coco has the perfect saturation point on its own.

Just give the whole pot a good watering with ph5.8 water with a good runoff then leave for a few days

Edited by cocomonkey

what's wrong with repotting them down back to where they need to be? I've never done it but it would also get rid of all that perlite and might work better in the longer run.

My sweet spot for ph is 6.2. I aim for this but leave it if it lands between 5.8 and 6.3. I would use a good rooting stimulant and just cal mag at this stage. Cal mag usually has a little N in so will help on the way. I usually half dose calmag at first. Until rooting has developed and then up to full dose.wet and dry cycles is pretty simple for me. Theres is no dry cycle !! I water every day until run off whether its a seedling, cutting or maturing plant. Run off every day helps draw new fresh air into the rootzone and flushes out stagnant water. I used to get tip burn a lot in the early days and couldnt work out wat it was. Turned out to be ph fluctuations in the rootzone. Watering to run off helped stabilise ph as there is always a fresh exchange of new ph'd feed flushing the old stagnant, fluctuating shit out. Personaly i would soak them fuckers through and continue to every other day for a week or 2 and then hit them daily. After the first initial soaking it should only take say 500ml to get run off so if you measure what your putting in you will eventually see less run off

3 people like this

Then you can hit them with some higher feed. What nutes you using ? Lighting ? Whats temps like ? All these factors will determine how quickly you start to see growth.

In future its good practice to pre soak your coco with cal magd water. Calcium binds to coco ao if you pre soak it should act as a buffer. I use canna coco and never have any issues since doing this

I would take a chance and transplant them into smaller pots :)

1 person likes this

I'm with Mad Elf on this one. Carefully repot them into smaller pots, say 1 ltr and when they've rooted out the pot stick them in your 11ltr pots. I don't think the perlite is needed but it won't do any harm except you may need to water them more at the later stages.

I use Canna Pro coco straight out of the bag and never have problems. Some of the cheaper brands might need flushing through before use as they can contain salt. In some producing countries they dry the coconut husks on the beach and the salt can get on them that way.

In the early stages I don't soak the whole pot, I water the plant according to how big it is. For little ones I'd just water about a 6 inch circle around the seedling. As it gets bigger I'll increase accordingly until I'm watering the whole pot. In my experience small plants don't like to sit in a big soggy pot.

Personaly i wouldnt uproot them at this young tender stage but each unto their own

1 person likes this

I'm with Mad Elf on this one. Carefully repot them into smaller pots, say 1 ltr and when they've rooted out the pot stick them in your 11ltr pots. I don't think the perlite is needed but it won't do any harm except you may need to water them more at the later stages.

I use Canna Pro coco straight out of the bag and never have problems. Some of the cheaper brands might need flushing through before use as they can contain salt. In some producing countries they dry the coconut husks on the beach and the salt can get on them that way.

In the early stages I don't soak the whole pot, I water the plant according to how big it is. For little ones I'd just water about a 6 inch circle around the seedling. As it gets bigger I'll increase accordingly until I'm watering the whole pot. In my experience small plants don't like to sit in a big soggy pot.

Aslong you get run off your drawing air in which encourages root growth. If you leave them standing with soggy feet then yes your right, they dont like it and will stunt growth.

Sooooo my plans i have kept misting them but have never ever had a decent like run of maybe once and i let it run of like a 100ml if that if i can remember correctly, anyway fuck re-potting them lads i haven't got the stable head to do that if you check out my actual grow post ( http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=370303&hl= ) thats why i planted them straight into the big pots thinking that there autos, yes loads have people to telt me to drop the perlite but unfortunately not going to be picking it out of the coco haha, soo give them a good fucking soaking @@Sinbud ? I get where your coming from so give them a ml of nutes to a litre each ive got all my nutes in that grow link, mainly advanced nutrients but forget that just give them a run off is the jist yes thats the answer ive been looking for? :D

Just dont wanna soak them then kill'em.... or not soak um then let them die :(

All advise appreciated everyone, happy smokes james :oldtoker:

1 person likes this