Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iBMe

Machines Taking Over

43 posts in this topic

Humans getting weaker? No way man, have you seen how much the kids are spending on whey protein and gym memberships n roids? lol

They've just forgotten to develop personalities.

Fixed that too take into account my local lot.

2 people like this

sorry to bump this topic up, was gonna start a topic but though I should search first.

No doubt technology will play an even bigger role in a wide range of jobs. My question is do you think it will end up with loads out of work and coming together to boycott those who have got rid of staff and taken on robots to do the work. Or will perhaps the government step in to stop certain things being allowed such as all staff being replaced? Then again I imagine would always be a country who would allow it and may cause companies to move there. I aint got much faith on the government doing anything to look out for the people anyway. When would the point be reached where a political party would bring out the idea of a living wage? Also other problems that may come with it, for example I would imagine many not working would become depressed and feel worthless.

1 person likes this

The government aren't gonna do shit. Their mates will continue to maximise their profits by automating everything they possibly can and not having to worry about pesky wage bills, working hours or any employment rights, the demonisation of those not working will increase unabated. We will continue the way we are now with the masses distracted and led by the nose to blame the usual scapegoats, the immigrants the disabled etc...

1 person likes this

Its not like automation hasn't already removed the need for millions of peoples jobs, I doubt future governments would change anything or reign it in to protect workers.

AI and automated vehicles are going to take away shit loads of jobs in the next few decades, taxis, delivery drivers, lorry drivers, tractor drivers etc, I suppose they will all become redundant eventually as companies transition to the automated alternatives.

Probably a little further into the future AI and software will be good enough to do all manner of customer service and admin type jobs.

If you just look at that alone imagine the impact, all the driving jobs. From delivery drivers to buses and taxis. Surely with so many being made unemployed on such a large scale something will have to change and be done? That along with all the other jobs machines in the future will be able to replace.

What got me thinking was the amount of free time poker allows me. Never bothered going college or anything, was young n thought I knew best and went straight to work from school. Was toying with the idea of studying some a-levels with a home learning type course. Then was thinking about careers and naturally pretty good with numbers. Just from looking into accountancy, it seems it wouldn't be worth it as it won't be a job for life. I hope I never have to go get a regular job but I think it would improve my poker game if I knew I always had a back up plan.

keep seeing the mention of artificial intelligence more and more. I don't think it even belongs in the conspiracy part of the forum tbh, its a fact its going to happen. The only unsure thing is how will the economic world cope and I guess the impact on people's mental health. Seems talks of a universal income, scares the shit out of me when I think about it lol. A cashless society where the government controls who gets what and when someone shouldn't get as much. Also how great will the impact be on other industries if so many aren't working and don't have money spare to buy stuff they want rather than need. I don't know, I think ai will have an impact in a major way soon enough but to the point where the whole system changes I think that would be a while. What do others reckon? Honestly I swear I have seen it mentioned so much the past few days its weird lol.

On 14/05/2016 at 6:25 PM, Subliminal Criminal said:

They have stolen alien tech as well

@Subliminal Criminal

Where are you getting that from mate?

On 14/05/2016 at 7:57 PM, thesmokingjacket said:

wait till the rise of the nanobot's :russian:

Its the Nando's bots I worry about.

Frigging thousands of them now. Brainwashed into spending extortionate amount of money on the cheapest shittiest cuts of chicken which have been dipped in a variety of toxic flavourings.

Seriously. I'm losing sleep over this shit.

3 people like this

If such a large amount of jobs are lost as well as affecting the workers life's surely the who economics of the country will be greatly affected? Companies replace its staff with machines, then how will people have money to buy certain companies products? The idea of a universal wage when I mentioned it has mates go, "money for fuck all, that's fine with me". First thing that comes to my mind is having someone so in control of your money basically makes you a slave. I think its a long way off from a huge amount of different industries being replaced and also due to the costs of the machines which won't be affordable for every day small businesses. No doubt driving jobs are next too go, that alone is going to have such a huge impact. Should we as the public support it? Will everyone be fine with it until it affects their job. Seems a common attitude, "I'm doing okay, so everything is fine". 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Currently 70% of all trading is done by algorithm and automatically by whats known as "high frequency trading", this will only increase as AI gets better in the future. 

If money rules the world, the machines already control a good proportion of that money. 

What if instead of a clear attack using nuclear bombs and terminator stormtroopers the AI uprising comes via financial catastrophe causing famine and war amongst the population. 

We already have a problem with propaganda on the web with AI being used to target and influence certain demographics etc. What happens when the AI learns to create its own propaganda and learns how to influence its own advancement.

Eta: What if this is already happening? :lookaround:

:smokin:

Edited by iBMe
1 person likes this

Now is not a time for anyone to name a kid Alexa.

:)

In 100 years we will likely be in some VR, like a sentient jellyfish on a sofa.