Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dweeeb

So Then, What's going on here then?

37 posts in this topic

My plants so far:

1 x Afghani Skunk Auto,

1 x Anibus Auto,

Both in Westlands John Innes, potting soil have been for 50 Days, Temps are at a steady 27C at canopy, and using 300W CFL, (have the light at about 2.5Inches from plants).

They've both been on 1.5ml / ltr BioBizz Grow for about 2 weeks, and I started 1ml of BB bloom climbed to 2ml/ltr over the last 2 weeks, I stopped grow on Wednesday last week, and have just went to 24/7 for lighting (helps maintain the temps, and they're Autos..... :) ) since they're Autos and I only have about 800mm in grow height I went with 4.5Ltr pots,

I'm started to get yellowing about 5 / 6 days ago so I gave another feed of Grow, told it could have been Nitrogen def, but the leaves are starting to look brown, (I find it difficult as I have trouble with green, red and brown, my eyes see them, when grouped as more red than brown, but we can talk about my colour vision defect another time :v: )....

poorly4

poorly2

Bz3

poorly4

poorly4

I've been told that it could be lack of Oxygen to the roots, and I'm tempted to explore an air pump for my water storage, as I have a 25ltr barrel, that just basically saves me dragging bottle after bottle to the "out-house".

Bottle

just wanted to cast the net far and wide and see what others thought? :v:
:yep: Cheers in Advance.
Dweeeb

No sense in soil, they get their air as the medium dries.

It's also when they feed, so if you're over watering you're doing them wrong twice.

Temps drop this time of year n make things slow down as far as evaporation n shit so watering tends to last a little longer than summer time.

cheers,..................gps

3 people like this

It's not ideal to use water which has been laying around since it looses much of its dissolved oxygen content. Also, if it has been standing a week or is top up rather than rinsed weekly, you may have bacteria in there too. I don't know if the bacteria would harm the plants though.

If you were feeding using stagnant, oxygen depleted, water then you may have hindered respiration at the roots. But the plant looks OK really.

That old leaf don't look that bad. I don't grow autos. Do you think it could be hungry?

It may be an old problem now as another thing could be soil temps, what were they like? Was your floor cold, or was intake air cold? Now you're 24 h, it would be better as you say.

@@seedsandsticks

They had 2ml of bloom on Saturday, and no grow, they've stopped stretching so I have been holding back he grow nutes anyway, again advice given, I've never grow Autos, this is my first try :)

I've been told to aerate the water to dissolve Oxygen into it and help the roots, I'm intrigued at this and fancy testing the theory? lol. I'm already planning my next grow with some teaks to the drobe. :v:

Yes if you're going to be using a reservoir tank then you ought to aerate it. The little pumps are reliable as fuck and nopound fifty. Also little low wattage aquarium heaters are cheap and may be advisable when the bird bath freezes. Many indoor growers who feed passively purposefully use a shower head to fill their buckets in order to maximise the dissolved oxygen content.

It'll be tweaked more than once throughout the winter I reckon

1 person likes this

Cheers @sticksandseeds

it sounds like it's worth a try, my grobe is pretty warm, so no problems with it freezing, I call it my "out-house" but its actually still in my house, I just have to go out the back door to get into it lol.

:v:

2 people like this

Perhaps chuck .5ml pl of grow back in for the next watering and then resume full bloom feed after that. Perhaps up .5 ml too if your happy to do so.

Can't view your plants very well on my phone but they just look a bit hungry. I take it your keeping the roots nice and warm? And they haven't slowed down nutrient uptake?

Keep em comfy during these cold nights and keep em fed. If your not on top of yellow leaves early with auto's they will chase you all flower but at day 50 your looking good

E2a just seen there toasty

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
1 person likes this

Thanks @@blackpoolbouncer :yep:

They were on the concrete floor for a while, just pots :eek: but I've got an old carpet tile :wassnnme: and tray that I catch the run-off in, ;) so I can pour it away, so got them off the floor, and will try the Grow feed, I've gave them 1lrt each, should I wait to let the soil dry out or just go in with the grow?

And I'm Going to stay at 2ml for time being, just let the Grow feed play out :v:

Thanks for your tips guys, :yep:

Dweeeb

@@dweeeb get them off floor will help a lot and yh I would say let it dry before watering again

Bless

1 person likes this

@@gardenking69

They aren't directly on the concrete, I've got it on a Carpet tile, and then a thick plastic tray,

Home sweet home 5

you can kinnda see it on the Photo :v: do you think I should go higher,

I would recommend a reptile heat mat or something but only if your soil temperature is low as cold soil can cause as @@blackpoolbouncer said nutrients can stop being sucked up if its to cold and I would say pop a another couple tiles under it lol

Bless

1 person likes this

You need to give grow all the way through with biobizz bud. Have a search on the site for ot1's biobizz feeding schedule to give you a idea.

2 people like this

As has been said u need to be feeding grow at least a ml all the way through, even more at the end

1 person likes this

Thanks guys, I'm going to give am over dose tonight of Grow, step it up to 4ml to get them caught up with tonight's feed then drop to 1.5ml that should get them back on track??

@@gardenking69 i know its not an exact science but when i touch the pots they're warm would this indicate the roots are snug? :)

@@dweeeb go in at lights off and put a finger right in there and you will be able to tell if they cold lol

Bless