Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Growgreen

When to lollipop?

28 posts in this topic

does it work? is there proof?

does it work? is there proof?

There are peoples diaries, I have diaries in my archive where it worked for me. There are youtube videos. All of the information is there for the reading. Just like mainlining, scrogging, vertical scrog - All pukka techniques with proof readily available.

The theory is there.

And in fairness we do it on the other grows. But again that is started early , and we carry it on right the way through until harvest.

If you do it make sure you use clean scissors. Don't want to give the plants some nasty bug!!!

1 person likes this

Aaaah, Okay; Pruning, that's what I call it, never knew it had been re-badged! I remove all under-mesh growth and a goodly chunk of over mesh growth at the start of 12/12. I would say I remove around 75 - 80% of visible growth, leaving the top three to five nodes to flower. I think that's about it, Darwin, Mendel ~ you've seen what I do ~ is that about right do you think? I've never actually measured it in % terms, I just leave the top thee to five.

But don't follow me on this folks, I'm know for eccentricity and a dippie-hippie approach to growing my pot. Kerrryst on a bun, I even talk to my plants ~ how daft is that?! Given I hear them answering, its pretty dippie, dontchya thunk?

2 people like this

I even talk to my plants ~ how daft is that?! Given I hear them answering, its pretty dippie, dontchya thunk?

Given that you hear them, talking to them makes complete sense. Waste of time if they don't talk back I'd have thought.

2 people like this

In a few years it'll be call broccoli-ing or something anyway. Just another rehas of a tried and tested method being rebranded for the future generations. Just like marathons, and opal fruits.

GG

2 people like this

why can't you lolly pop after the first 3 weeks of flower ?

I usually strip the lower halves before the 2nd week of flower but i continue to pick leaves off throughout that period. Never had any problems.

why can't you lolly pop after the first 3 weeks of flower ?

I believe its down to stressing out the plant to much.

1 person likes this

I darent do this.... but if I don't will it make a difference????..... maybe I'll do my little un !!  And do you have to do it before a particular time?? Mine are Armageddon and in 3rd week of flowering x

Used to love armegedon...

Do it now lorraine.

Saves messing about when trimming and increases airflow.

The stuff your removing would never amount to anything in flower.

1 person likes this

On 6/14/2015 at 10:32 AM, Arnold Layne said:

Aaaah, Okay; Pruning, that's what I call it, never knew it had been re-badged! I remove all under-mesh growth and a goodly chunk of over mesh growth at the start of 12/12. I would say I remove around 75 - 80% of visible growth, leaving the top three to five nodes to flower. I think that's about it, Darwin, Mendel ~ you've seen what I do ~ is that about right do you think? I've never actually measured it in % terms, I just leave the top thee to five.

But don't follow me on this folks, I'm know for eccentricity and a dippie-hippie approach to growing my pot. Kerrryst on a bun, I even talk to my plants ~ how daft is that?! Given I hear them answering, its pretty dippie, dontchya thunk?

I talk to my plants my dog and the robin and the blackbird that live in my garden every day........ and they all talk back....... sometimes I feel like snow white...... x

2 people like this