Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sidandnancy

advice and help please what is this

hi guys I noticed the leaves going brown and curling and becoming brittle and disintegrating on Friday on Saturday I did a flush and they still haven't dried out from that is this some sort of lockout ,nute burn or deficiency they looked fine one day then two started to look like this another one is just stating to

show signs on its leaves of brown spots
these are super skunk in 15 liter pots
week six 12/12 flowering
westland seed compost
biobizz grow and bloom bio heaven
600 w lamp
average 26-28 day time 20/21 night
passive intake 4 inch out air cooled hood

I have ph tested the soil at 6.1 run off at the beginning and when flushed it was reading 6.3
I have never altered the ph of the water while feeding
from the tap its at 6.8-6.9
is this a calmag problem or something more serious
thanks for your help here as this is my first grow

sick plant skunk 6

sick plant skunk 5

sick plant skunk 4

sick plant skunk 3

sick plant skunk 2

sick plant skunk 1

Are you keeping a wet/dry cycle? These kind of symptoms often occur from over watering.

What are your rootball temps? 18 celsius is bare minimum, much below that and you will experience nutrient uptake problems.

I can't see the pics very well on my fone but that second pic looks kind of like a mag def...

But again, I have seen mag def's from over watering too.

Make sure to lift your pots and check the weight before watering next. You want them to be nearly dry so will feel quite light.

You are on week 6 so not long to go.

Just keep your eyes on the wet and dry cycle next time and keep rootball temps around 20 celsius.

Good luck!

Edited by Randy Marsh

Looks like a combo of overwatering and too cold roots?

Get those root temps up, especially during lights off and get a proper wet/dry cycle going....

what dose nutes are you feeding also?

Get those root temps up, especially during lights off and get a proper wet/dry cycle going....

hi thanks for the reply biobizz fishmix and bloom and bio heaven are the nutes every other water half the recommended strength of fish mix what would you recommend for warming up the roots an electric blamket would that do it and to what temp would I set it at ?

Electric blanket will help mayb some tube heaters or an oil radiator

Are you keeping a wet/dry cycle? These kind of symptoms often occur from over watering.

What are your rootball temps? 18 celsius is bare minimum, much below that and you will experience nutrient uptake problems.

I can't see the pics very well on my fone but that second pic looks kind of like a mag def...

But again, I have seen mag def's from over watering too.

Make sure to lift your pots and check the weight before watering next. You want them to be nearly dry so will feel quite light.

You are on week 6 so not long to go.

Just keep your eyes on the wet and dry cycle next time and keep rootball temps around 20 celsius.

Good luck!

thanks for the input thinking about it the last two weeks I haven't been letting them dry out as much as I did before so flushing them was probably the wrong thing to do

so what sort of thermometer would you recommend for measuring the soil temperature and would an electric blanket under the plastic saucers do the job I have always watered them at bottom of the tent temperature about 19deg from water that has stood in that tent for 24 hours

Its a type of rust ie a fungal disease, Myclobutanil may control it, that has been on your plants for some time, the room will be infected, I suggest useing essence as an organic pretreatment, then every two weeks in future grows.

Hope this helps. Ot1.

2 people like this

Yea an electric blanket under the inner floor of the tent is ok, I use tube heaters with a thermostat for vivariums which does an awesome job.

Search on ebay for hygrometer and look for one with a remote probe. Should cost about a fiver.

Was thinking of mentioning a possible fungal infection as ot1 just did but I can't see the photos very clearly so didn't want to worry you.

In my experience, once you sort out environmental and feeding issues, the plants seem to fight off fungal infections. Maybe brew up some plant magic essence to help fight it and have a good clean of your tent and equipment once you've finished your grow.

Good luck!

Edited by Randy Marsh

Thanks for taking the time after further research it is a rust fungal infection hopefully the plants will finish flowering without too much loss of nugs I have ordered the essence you recommended and I will use that in future improve my ventilation and a bio screen on my intake thanks again

Edited by sidandnancy