Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnclaude

sick plants

Good day to all

I am currently growing 5 plants in a 120x60x180 tent with 2 x 250w hps.

When initially put into my set up they were 12 inch tall and healthy, I put them in 11 litre pots with canna terra professional plus soil and fed only water every other day.

To begin with they show normal growth and seemed to be fine, but around 2 weeks ago they started to yellow and slow in growth.

I had not long finished a grow using the exact same set up, the only thing i can see that has changed is the time of year. i.e. the cold weather.

I have insulated the pots and used 2 1 ft green house heaters and the temps have been fine for the past week or so. But still getting worse...

Im starting to think its a problem with the soil / up take of nutes? Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks in advance,

John

@@johnclaude

Hi John, that sounds like a case of cold roots, I only grow hydro but with the dirt growers this problem comes up quite regularly as the weather cools down.

Once too cold the roots cannot uptake nutes so the leaves show deficiencies and although the room temps may be spot on the temps at the base of pots

will probably be a good few degrees lower. Ideally around the 20c give or take is best.

atb

stu

3 people like this

screw you winter!!!!!!

2 people like this

sounds like cold like the others say

1 person likes this

Watering 11ltr pots every other day don't sound right mate. If it was getting cold in there then uptake and drying of medium would slow so my guess is you are watering/feeding too often

You need to water till saturation then don't water again till the pot is 80% dry. I say this because 2x250's shouldn't be drying 11 ltr pots out that quick unless you have poor air circulation and its far too hot and dry

Owd

3 people like this

IF you are still giving them water only it may be time to start feeding them some nutes. Pre charged bags of soil can differ greatly in the amount of nutes pre added. If you where to throw up some photos it would help greatly in diagnosing the problem.

Watering 11ltr pots every other day don't sound right mate. If it was getting cold in there then uptake and drying of medium would slow so my guess is you are watering/feeding too often

You need to water till saturation then don't water again till the pot is 80% dry. I say this because 2x250's shouldn't be drying 11 ltr pots out that quick unless you have poor air circulation and its far too hot and dry

Owd

True that....

1 person likes this

Ok.

Thanks for all the advice, its a friends grow, and ive been helping him out. But Im a hydro guy and never had this problem even in the coldest of winters...

Im thinking some rhizotonic or something similar to help them recover? Still vegging obviously, then add some neuts when then start to pick up?

But make sure they dont get over fed!

Cheers :)

IF you are still giving them water only it may be time to start feeding them some nutes. Pre charged bags of soil can differ greatly in the amount of nutes pre added. If you where to throw up some photos it would help greatly in diagnosing the problem.

True that....

I will try get some photos this evening, they are not looking good :(

1 person likes this

any pictures mate ?

jon.