Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nughead

crappy desk fans

We all put up with them or endure them at some point, it's not like indoor cultivation started yesterday, is the the best alternative? they are all pretty much the same I don't care what brand name they printed on them.

Is this the usual British trait of :- this is what we have always used, there not the best but they do the job?

I'm sure they were not designed for the extensive use that indoor garden demands.

An oscillating axial fan would be more up to the task in my book, anyways I've searched every where for a specifically designed fan but can only find the "same old" with different names claiming they are the best.

Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction of decent alternative please, (not towers) or am I fanning up the wrong tree and dreaming of the perfect world again.

Edited by nughead

Try the big chrome floor sitting fans or vent axia fans,tower fans also seem to last a bit longer.

Got a four inch ivk drawing cool air from below canopy and blowing it over the bulb ( which is bare and vertical at the mo)

A tip..1) Go argos or similar type store and buy a clip or upright fan

2) buy an overpriced extended warranty that has a replacement clause whatever the circumstances

3) when it dies.. No need to help it along the way via water or a hammer.. Give it a clean and de-odour

4) take home your brand new latest model and keep repeating

At your service

Love

Arthur

Edited by arthur lee
4 people like this

I've been using a cheap one from argos in my 250w wardrobe, does the job perfectly and not broke yet and had had it for 3 years. The ones that are supposed to be specifically for growing from grow shops tend to be really crap tbf, my mates go through them all the time. As long as it moves air around and you manage to fit it in well and sturdy then should be fine. I just screwed in a hook at the top of my wardrobe and hang it from string, if it's in a position for it to easily go side to side then i'll put string on it from the sides as well to to stop it from going left or right lol.

Yep, I am on my first grow and am learning this. I have had one go down already and a replacement is on its way.

I have metal 4 inch desk fan which I am using instead, built to last and had it over 5 years, a bigger one might be the way to go, but I wanted a fan with a clip.

Cheers dudes,

I should have mentioned small fan earlier, but I will save this thread for the links for the future.

Noise is generally a factor as well with deskies, at the mo I am looking The the 9 " fan on my desk and wondering about cannibalization, I only need the oscillating part (but can't find one of those either online) then attach it to a 120mm square axial fan, cos they whisper.

Edited by nughead

Trying a 6" clip on RAM, it's very quite and the blade is cock on center unlike the cheapies, just have to see how long it lasts.

1 person likes this

My ram clip on has beefing running since January 2014 every day and still sweet

Had hortlines running for a couple of years now (having tried many combos) and still going strong. They move a deceptive amount of air and are basically silent - got a couple of the ram ecofans as well as back up and tried them a bit and they aren't far behind the hortlines (if at all) and are cheaper i think. They are both called 'ecofans' i think so some vendors add on the 'eco' tax but they should be able to be got for not much more than other fans.