Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Groff

New DP Desfran in a 6 pot RDWC & 900w LED & Metrop nutes

67 posts in this topic

it looks the business there groff, well done so far. This variety prefers weaker nutrients than usual, and will want to fill the space. It really will be a jungle soon, good luck!

1 person likes this

Hi bud. I got 1.5x1.5 tent and iam thinking to buy 6x37 litre for this tent or will be to samll and get 4x55 litre Good luck, nice jungle

Groff, was reading through, and see you still have them on high N, 3wks into flower. One trick i used to control the continual stretch. Is to start em on Flower NPK ratio from the start !!........... i would drop the N now Groff !!............. and the tip of fans curling down. I know it sounds mad, but that is just the DF gen profile GoF........................... nothing to do with your growing mate. The high N wont help though. They are leaning into the light quite a bit GFF................ is there any way you can put another 450 in bro ??................. and spread em out a bit more ??....................... might help with temps to. Looks quite a large space for just 2 450,s to run upto 26 etc ??..........

What happen with the DF on supercrop bending is. When the horizontal colas build up. It is supported by 4-5 canes 2m per pot ??....................... it will still flop down due to shear weight Groff................. have a look at my DesFran Threads in DP etc..................... with nute i couldn't exceed 0.6 (Nute Only) !...................at 0.6 i got 2mm tip burn on a majority, so backed down to 0.5 fro the remainder of flowering as blog............... nice growing Groff............ the distance between 34ltr DWC's could be reduced, as these grow tall and thin in pheno typical 100% sativas bro.......... would help bring em into more light................ or put a 400 HPS duel spec in there to keep temps up during the winter onset. They dont mind it hot, but hate cold (21 Or Below) nutes and cold low lights out................. other than that you got your hands and a tent full shortly bro.............. nice to see the DF in DWC, AM

Hi bud. I got 1.5x1.5 tent and iam thinking to buy 6x37 litre for this tent or will be to samll and get 4x55 litre Good luck, nice jungle

tough question. Don't know really. Ask Ryan at Alien Hydroponics, he's a great guy and will advise you better than me. He can custom size any system for you. But from what I see in this grow, I'd say 6 pots is a bit too much for a 1.5x1.5

Groff, was reading through, and see you still have them on high N, 3wks into flower. One trick i used to control the continual stretch. Is to start em on Flower NPK ratio from the start !!........... i would drop the N now Groff !!............. and the tip of fans curling down. I know it sounds mad, but that is just the DF gen profile GoF........................... nothing to do with your growing mate. The high N wont help though. They are leaning into the light quite a bit GFF................ is there any way you can put another 450 in bro ??................. and spread em out a bit more ??....................... might help with temps to. Looks quite a large space for just 2 450,s to run upto 26 etc ??..........

What happen with the DF on supercrop bending is. When the horizontal colas build up. It is supported by 4-5 canes 2m per pot ??....................... it will still flop down due to shear weight Groff................. have a look at my DesFran Threads in DP etc..................... with nute i couldn't exceed 0.6 (Nute Only) !...................at 0.6 i got 2mm tip burn on a majority, so backed down to 0.5 fro the remainder of flowering as blog............... nice growing Groff............ the distance between 34ltr DWC's could be reduced, as these grow tall and thin in pheno typical 100% sativas bro.......... would help bring em into more light................ or put a 400 HPS duel spec in there to keep temps up during the winter onset. They dont mind it hot, but hate cold (21 Or Below) nutes and cold low lights out................. other than that you got your hands and a tent full shortly bro.............. nice to see the DF in DWC, AM

Hi AutoMaster, thanks for your input! I'm using Metrop nutes for the first time, and its quite different from the regular 2 part ferts. So I'm literally going by the chart. For that reason I dont want to mess about too much and just let them go. Tony did warn me these would be massive sativa's,

gallery_73073_8218_307.gif

Good to know about the fans curling, it was driving me a little mad :clown: I'll definitely have a look at your diary.

Edited by Groff
1 person likes this

I've got 5 Desfran growing - vegging in H&G Batmix. Still quite small. Great to see your photos. Now I've got some idea of what to expect. I'm mainlining them and hoping to flower them in a 1.2 square tent. Really handy to know they are light feeders and that they are REALLY stretchy! I'm looking forward to seeing your results!

1 person likes this

Groff, nice work, good man so you are. Thought temps might drop, as is case now. A stand alone 1kw floor standing heater, will draw 1.2Kw. Why not use 450w in a 3rd light and get additional "Lux" and solve the thermal room issue at the same time Groff. Admitted, the floor heater is cheaper to buy, but 2.2 more time more expensive to run, than another 450w led. At the mo, i recon it will double your consumption. As your total Kw/Hr must be below 1kw at the mo ??..... a cheaper way out in winter cycle. is to run a 400 dual spec on digi ballast.............. most led guy's resort to it in winter............nature of the led beast !! heat solved with 75,000 extra lumens, in the bargin. Do not worry re tip down trait. it is in the DF genetic nature........ and is "Normal" from the breeders mouth Fran.

my space is 13.5 cubic meters in volume. i have 4no 567w led's and 2no 240w leds, and this runs at 24-27 in winter......... i just added more lights to offset winter drop.................... good work man... subbed chong too....AM

Edited by AutoMaster
1 person likes this

Indeed. They are super sativas no doubt!

Groff quote;

These are definitely the biggest fastest growing plants I've ever seen grow! Nothing stops them. No topping, supercropping, stretching, nothing... even with all this, the canopy is still 1,6m high, and just keeps going!

Groff bro,....tell me about it !!.................... the reason the stems and main frame are so large. Will become apparent around day 100. if you lift weight alot, your arms get bigger. here lies the clue. massive weight gain !! I had 4 2mtr canes in each pot 15ltrs. managed to keep em to 1.6-1.8 mtrs tall at day 115 chop. You are at just over one third of the wey through Groff. When the super crop tips turn up. and continue !! you will have to super crop again bredren !!................. good job the res is door side of the room !!.......... you could end up with the lights as tight to cieling as possible, and constant tying down of the canopy, if you can get to the other side of space !!

This is all adding up to one thing Groff...................... the grow of a life time. And the biggest weight for the number of Dames you will ever yield. (From Experience)............ cracking work there Groff, well done bro...

And as for the cured item. I have tried hard to explain this outcome in my thread................. but suffice to say. The DesFrancis, is sitting, deservedly so. on the top of my all time top 5 strains. I never though in a month of Sunday's i would ever say; "Relegating Think Different" to second place. In all aspects. if you normally put in 0.5g or even 0.4g into your usual hand made cone/vape. You will only need to put in 0.2 or less to come out level. Consequently, you will put in your usual amount. same as i did, not knowing. i could not finish one for a week. At 115 day's groff. The usual amber, "Was Red", several shades deeper than anything i have seen before @100mag.

You have little idea of what is coming !!..................Note;........ i hope you have "Double Carbon Filters Attached" !!...................... Cuz these DF super sat Dames make terpens like an A380 airbus pushes air out of a trident. AM

1 person likes this

Groff quote;

These are definitely the biggest fastest growing plants I've ever seen grow! Nothing stops them. No topping, supercropping, stretching, nothing... even with all this, the canopy is still 1,6m high, and just keeps going!

Groff bro,....tell me about it !!.................... the reason the stems and main frame are so large. Will become apparent around day 100. if you lift weight alot, your arms get bigger. here lies the clue. massive weight gain !! I had 4 2mtr canes in each pot 15ltrs. managed to keep em to 1.6-1.8 mtrs tall at day 115 chop. You are at just over one third of the wey through Groff. When the super crop tips turn up. and continue !! you will have to super crop again bredren !!................. good job the res is door side of the room !!.......... you could end up with the lights as tight to cieling as possible, and constant tying down of the canopy, if you can get to the other side of space !!

This is all adding up to one thing Groff...................... the grow of a life time. And the biggest weight for the number of Dames you will ever yield. (From Experience)............ cracking work there Groff, well done bro...

And as for the cured item. I have tried hard to explain this outcome in my thread................. but suffice to say. The DesFrancis, is sitting, deservedly so. on the top of my all time top 5 strains. I never though in a month of Sunday's i would ever say; "Relegating Think Different" to second place. In all aspects. if you normally put in 0.5g or even 0.4g into your usual hand made cone/vape. You will only need to put in 0.2 or less to come out level. Consequently, you will put in your usual amount. same as i did, not knowing. i could not finish one for a week. At 115 day's groff. The usual amber, "Was Red", several shades deeper than anything i have seen before @100mag.

You have little idea of what is coming !!..................Note;........ i hope you have "Double Carbon Filters Attached" !!...................... Cuz these DF super sat Dames make terpens like an A380 airbus pushes air out of a trident. AM

AM, yeah, absolutely amazing. This strain surely must do wonders in s a proper greenhouse. I'd love love love to see this grown regular without any S&M taming her down. I've been doing extensive supercropping, "scrogging", tucking, bending.... Its almost as if the more you tie her down, the more she'll come back. Canopy reaching 1,7m... Insane. Check this out, not very clear, but if you look closely, you'll see this branch did a 360º loop around the string. I've never seen this happen before and to be honest have no clue how this came to be.

gallery_73073_8218_189642.jpg

Anyway, proper update in a few moments...

2 people like this

Week 4 (last wednesday)

Girls are doing just great. Glad to hear the clawing is a strain thing, was starting to worry my thumb had gone off... EC has been still around 1.1 - 1.3. The slight tip burn here or there, but the vast majority is spotless. pH around the 5.8 mark. The filter was absolutely clean. They're on full on bloom feed now, Metrop MR2, Amino Bloom and CalGreen. Keeping it really simple for this run. No added silicon, no daily foliar feeding, no bloom boosters.

Flower formation is a bit uneven thus far, but with all the torture its normal they got a bit mixed up deciding who will "cola" the lead. I expect (and hope!!) stretch to stop soon and full bloom to set on.

Please forgive the blurry pics, camera is a bit crappy...

gallery_73073_8218_359188.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_203126.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_319526.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_193499.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_124863.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_378729.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... a very light lolipopping session, just the odd branch or two from each plant. Didnt need any more than that.

gallery_73073_8218_229842.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_252412.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_44046.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_121776.jpg

Not very apparent, but these lights really do spread and fill the room. Even still, I'm thinking a bit more juice might be in good order...

Edited by Groff
3 people like this

Mid-week 4 update.

Wow !! Went back yesterday to check on the girls, and my jaw dropped. Flower formation is in turbo mode. They were "late" to show show sex, but by the massive speed at which buds are forming everywhere I think they'll make up for some "lost" time, if any!

Again, stretch has slowed but still made a significant leap. Thought the last round of tucking and super-cropping would do the trick, but no.

gallery_73073_8218_187962.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_90190.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_142717.jpg

Lots and lots of tucking...

gallery_73073_8218_30776.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_294637.jpg

Ok, lets get down and dirty... "bulldozing" the canopy!

gallery_73073_8218_200400.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_302003.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_331505.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_261164.jpg

gallery_73073_8218_17508.jpg

3 people like this

Wow @@Groff, what a lovely grow.... and with @@AutoMaster on your side, you're in for a treat!

I know I'm late but there's still plenty to watch out for, so hope you dont mind if I pull up a pew :eat:

1 person likes this

Hello @@Groff, only just found your diary, I just had a read up on this strain it seems that what the desfran does,stretching that is, I've got an elongator in my mini ten and it's a pain in the ass, you got more room tho, I've been pretty rough on it trying to keep it down to a level canopy and failed, branch's are bent all over the place and taped to the tent walls.

I will be interested to see how your bottom buds grow under LEDS, I hacked off all my underneath branch's to keep canopy level cos I read about a 5cm light penetration with led's somewhere. it's gunna be hectic in your room man lookin good at the moment.

Found this as well in case you aint seen it. :v:

Hey Groff...

A friend just gave me a heads up about this diary... I've popped my head in, and I was shocked to see we are running very similar setups.. except I'm with HPS and 2/3 55L.

How you finding this system.. It's the tits whiskers isn't it?

Your girls look lovely and healthy. I'll be very interested to see how they finish under LEDs. whats you Wattage? 900 over 2 lights?

It was touch and go whether I was gonna go the LED route as I'm in a warm climate too here in Spain.. I ended up opting for HPS for now.

Your system and room are clinically clean. Tidy. I noticed you got the smaller pots... maybe I should have done that? less veg time = less problems.
How long do they veg for to fill up those pots before you switch the lights on em?
You got a chiller.. sweet. is that the 150? I HAVE to get one of these ASAP. How many litres is the full system holding, and how does that chiller cope with the temps.

I have temps up in the high 30's during summer.. Need one that can cope.

and finally.. are you running a sterile system?

sorry for the 20 questions.. but need to learn more about these systems from people who use them.

Anyhow... nice diary. I'll sub on that and stick around for the grow show if thats O.K?

Peas :yinyang:

Edited by SKELE-TORO

@SKELE-TORO :cheers: @teehee :cheers: @@Groff

the very best of growing karma to all!

BTW @@Groff what setting do you use for your pictures, they come up nice and big.

Edited by teehee
1 person likes this

Nice work Groffo mate,............ it's quite a bit of additional work to control the Desofran !!................. the best bit is to come though. Your reaction to smoke test ............... and describing the aroma and flavones of terpens de DF ...

You are doing well with the stretch Groffo,....... i see 3mm tip burn starting to progress G. What Ec you at at beginning of flower bredren ??.................. have you got the "N" on the floor atm G ?...

I take it you are on potable water, ie (Tap Water) conditioned pre use ?. Inevitably when conditioned, it will have a Ph above 7.5-8 range.

Are you bringing down res Ph with "Ph Down (Phos PO4), now you are in fruitification mode G ??........

Are you getting tap water salts calciforating/precipitating out, on the tide line on the inside of res and system G...?

Are you finding in hydro, water level down Ec up & Ph down. Or the reverse, Ec down Ph up G ?

The shot under canopy, is great mate,.... any chance of an upskirt shot !!......... under the DF srog G !!............. she must be putting out some aroma at the mo too mate................. Ps; the stretch aint done till the satellites hit golf ball diameter G...!!.............. hold tight man.................... more graft, but, more flowers to come yet i recon....................... when you change res, or a proportion of G. Do you hit it with bleach before pouring down the toilet man ??................... the man hole nxt door might chuck up the DF aroma !!.......................

I let mine go right till the end, 14.5wks flowering, it's usual for good sativa to take a bit longer to get the power band up right at the end G. But it wasent amber i saw. it was deep orange red on a lot of the trichs, under 100mag scope, there where a mental amount of "Trichome Strings" overlaying the trichs on stalks. A phenomenon a haven't ever seen before. But it defo adds to the power band at the end. I can vouch !!, also can vouch, strongest i have had the pleasure off, doubt you will ever find a blend of this potency, wait till the feed back starts to roll in......... nice work mate... AM