Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phoenix

foraging

125 posts in this topic

Anybody been up to any foraging? please post results if you have...if a foraging thread exists already please re direct me!

1 person likes this

Just for blackberries a few weeks ago, made fruit leather with them, would post pics but I gave most of it away and scoffed the rest lol

3 people like this

I think there is one in the food & drink section. Not really done a lot this year, just mainly scrumping the odd apple whilst wandering :wassnnme:

Nuts are in season atm though so may go and collect some soon. Gonna be a banging year for mushies too I reckon

3 people like this

I used to have a great book on foraging - Food for Free by Richard Maybe.

I wish an identification guide to Brazilian fungus existed, there are tonnes of mushrooms year round here.

Its been a really good year for blackberrys iv noticed seems to be loads of them and there huge. Has anyone foraged any liberty caps this year iv not seen many around.

edibles and libs seem to be a bit late this year because of the nice weather (where I live, at least)

The weather has started feeling more mushroomy recently though, so I think that's about to change.

I picked a load of blackberries, I am in the process of turning them into wine. I have 3 gallons fermenting in demi-johns at the moment.

2 people like this

I picked a load of blackberries, I am in the process of turning them into wine. I have 3 gallons fermenting in demi-johns at the moment.

blackberry wine sounds lovley :)

Nice one folks, just been a wee dander for hazel nuts but i think theyve been and gone already!!! Seems they were well early?! will me doing a mushroom hunt soon too. Feels mushroomy today....

Nice one folks, just been a wee dander for hazel nuts but i think theyve been and gone already!!! Seems they were well early?! will me doing a mushroom hunt soon too. Feels mushroomy today....

Rose hips are ready and Hawthorn berries ripe, I think the liberty caps will be late due to the nice weather/dryness of the autumn so far.

i only forage in the kitchen :)

1 person likes this

As Hughie says, also damsons, elderberries, sloes etc are all ready, pears and apples are also ready. I did sloe gin the other week, mushrooms seem late as Hughie mentioned, Giant puffballs are over but lots of others to come. Could be a good year for nuts like hazel and co

Edited by distracted
1 person likes this

Rasberrys blackberries elderberrys apples mushrooms. I know someone that makes nettle soup every year lol

Edited by Abe Froman
to remove repeated text
1 person likes this

Someone has been foraging in my mates garden, and entire plum tree stripped from top to bottom, they mustve had a ladder to as they got the ones right at the top lol

Recently had a forage and got loads of field blewits which made a very tasty breakfast served with scrambled eggs and spinach. Also got some hazelnuts ,brambles (jam) and Rowan berries that'll be made into jelly for any game that finds it's way to my dinner plate, probably in the form of duck and goose! Best of all though about 4kg of Sloeberries. The sloeberries are currently steeping in gin and sugar and will be gulped down at Xmas time , joy!