Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tony Montana

UK420-ARSENAL FC Fan Club

414 posts in this topic

As seen as there's a few of these football cub threads kicking about I thought I'd start one for the mighty gunners :yep:

8 people like this

And I'd like to start by putting it on the record that I think Jack Wilshere is the most over rated player in Arsenals history. His tackling is terrible (that's why he keeps getting injured), he's not blessed with great pace, hardly scores and he's a short ass lol

2 people like this

I'm cheering on Arsenal today :) Probably the Premiership team I generally cheer on when Liverpool aren't playing. Got a lot of time for Wenger.

1 person likes this

Just to add I think Wenger has made one of the best signings of the summer with Alexis Sanchez. Good bit of business that.

E2A And I'm expecting good things from Oxlade Chamberlain this season. I'm surprised Wenger let Sagne go on a free transfer, though, I think he's a decent player.

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

I think Sanchez will struggle in the Premier League

I do like the look of Chambers, a young Tony Adams?

Arsenal totally outplayed City in that half. And I kinda see the Community Shield as a 'proper' competitive game, it's not like pre-season friendlies, which don't really matter so aren't really much of an indication of anything. The Community Shield is different - perhaps not quite the level of the full season games, but still a competitive game, not a friendly, cos it's for a bit of silverware and played at Wembley in front of a proper crowd.

Michael Owen talks a lot of shit lol

Two trophies in 86 days

1 person likes this

Much the better team. Bodes well for the forthcoming season.

Michael Owen talks a lot of shit lol

Indeed. The one thing I can say in favour of BT Sport regarding commentators, pundits and presenters is that at least it doesn't have the pudding-faced charisma void Adrian Chiles, so its football coverage wins over ITV.

He must be one of the luckiest managers around at the moment

There can't be another manager in the world been paid what he has and kept his job despite being trophy less for years

I hope they mount a challenge this year though to keep it all interesting

And I agree about Wilshire. He's a sicknote same as Chamberlain and Walcott

Owd

Arsenal will do well until Christmas or there abouts, then get a few injuries then they won't have the depth of squad to deal with it and start to fade.

I hope I'm wrong but that's the way I can see it going.

There can't be another manager in the world been paid what he has and kept his job despite being trophy less for years

Owd

He was obviously finically restricted whilst we paid our stadium off so he actually done a good job keeping us in the champions league and keeping the money coming in. He's allowed to splash the cash now and wins the FA Cup so I think he's proved a few people wrong. I'd rather be trophy less and be run finically sound, any things better than a Russian gangster buying you the league lol

3 people like this

I hope they mount a challenge this year though to keep it all interesting

And I agree about Wilshire. He's a sicknote same as Chamberlain and Walcott

Owd

I think Chamberlain and Walcott are a lot better than Wilshire when they are actually on the pitch. Though I think Walcott is overrated too - he's got bags of pace, but it takes more than pace, it's not athletics. I do think Oxlade Chamberlain is a promising prospect, though.

doesnt aresnal have links to israel ?

think its time to switch teams to the one and only north london team

barnet f.c

He was obviously finically restricted whilst we paid our stadium off so he actually done a good job keeping us in the champions league and keeping the money coming in. He's allowed to splash the cash now and wins the FA Cup so I think he's proved a few people wrong. I'd rather be trophy less and be run finically sound, any things better than a Russian gangster buying you the league lol

As a kopite I'm naturally disposed to hate Man U, but actually Chelsea are my least favourite team nowadays. Nothing against Chelsea fans, and not really much against the team, I just can't get my head past them being owned by a full-on gangster who made his money by shoddy means and is linked to at best intimidation and at worst a number of murders. Football could well do without his sort.

Edited by Boojum