Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dosti

Dosti's Diary Deux: Cream47 in Amazon Aeroponics

773 posts in this topic

OK folks lets get this show on the road :yahoo:

Today i put 8 Sweets Seeds Cream47 into Jiffy pellets, found these to be the easiest method of germinating seeds for me; put into some hot water - wait 5 min - give it a squeeze - make a hole - pop in seed - Jobs a good'n ;)

The pellet with the cocktail stick is a spare that i have used to put the temp probe into to give me a good reading of the heat inside...its 27c at the moment, but that will drop to 23 to 25c :)
Once they have germinated in 3 to 5 days they will be put into my aeroponics propagator, now what i plan to do is give them a few days of veg in the pellet and then take the netting off the pellet, wash away the soil and then put the seedling into the prop and veg them for a week or two under the T5s...im off on a 4 day break with the family on Sunday, so i don't want to put them under the 600w MH right now....will do that when i am back.

They will then be transferred to the amazon system

I will be slightly modifying the system to plumb in an external control res, which is that black bucket from my old RDWC system...i am in two minds on whether to add in an auto-top up 100ltr water butt and temps will dictate if i will need a chiller :) I have the space for both as the normal propagator with be taken out of the room and this is where the chiller and water-butt will go

If anyone wants to know anything then please ask, happy to answer.

I would like to thank @@spirit77 @@carpodiem for inspiring me with their own diaries on the Cream47, looking forward to growing some big, fat, beautiful buds!

Anyone is welcome along the journey, so please feel free to subscribe - i will try not to make this like my last diary, where it was chaotic - too much "warts and all" going on in that! But thanks to all who were their for me.

Hopefully this is a nice, smooth, stress free grow ;)

Edited by Dosti
13 people like this

all the best with this grow dosti, i love the cream 47 i have, and i'm sure you'll find a pheno or two out of the 8 you've got :yep:

nice and tidy set up you've got there btw :yinyang:

3 people like this

Its looking the biz now @Dosti :yep:

Be interesting watching the cream 47 as i've seen a few diary's on here.

Atb for a stress free grow bro lol

pT :yinyang:

3 people like this

I'm in thanks Dosti, looking forward to a great grow.

All the best :)

2 people like this

@@spirit77

Thanks Spirit...Im looking for this pheno to be exact, this is a pic from @@Sweet Seeds-tommy diary here

gallery_44939_2830_253711.jpg

Love the insane colours, look like an all rounder to me :D but we shall see what my luck is.

Yep love my room, could spend all day in there tinkering about, give it a sweep every time im in there!

3 people like this

Really great setup mate and love the way in which you're posting the pics and info.

Good luck and I'm sure this will get some great results :)

2 people like this

@@passintime

Thanks passintime, its take a bit of elbow grease to get it looking like this again, the soil grow made it totally manky....now its surgically clean, just the way i like tbh....soil is piss easy they say but i hate it, too messy....love the ec/ph side of hydro....the mad scientist in me comes out! lol

Been reading Cream47 diary's on here a while, and it was one of the strains i wanted to grow initially but in the end i went for Critical+...so im glad to get these going....with Sweets Seeds rep I'm bound to have some crackers amongst the 8 :)

Yeah i am hoping for a stress free grow, last one made me a wreck!

I was toying with the idea of getting both my amazons going again, but with the idea of battling the summer heat, spending a lot of time on my last grow, and trouble at home I decided to just do this grow for fun, but obviously with a serious element to it...i want to see if i can do a good grow with the amazon, my best yield to date with this system has been 8oz with 8 plants lol So I am trying to beat 8oz and 0.6gpw from my last grow; so i am aiming for 16oz or there about and also find a good quality mother for a winter run with both amazon systems.

4 people like this

@@true

Me old friend, good to see you joining me again ;) better buckle up, you know its going to get turbulent in here lol - this is just the calm before the storm! lol

@

Thanks Doozy, i try to keep it detailed as much as i can so i can see where i went wrong or how i did well at the end ;)

Take a seat, we are just getting started :D

2 people like this

Pulling up my pew, love the setup

best of luck with the grow

Wizard

2 people like this

@@Dosti

So ya bit the bullet and are going for it. Top man! :v:

Good to hear that youre going away with the family for a bit, might be just whats needed dude.

Hope it all works out for ya bro.

Right then, lets pull up a chair and :skin_up:

DING, DING!

ROUND 2! lol

:rockon:

2 people like this

Looking sweet mate, lovely space to work in but I wouldn't bother with an auto top up system because you'll be topping up a 1/4 of the res each day in flower, so after 3/4 days there will be no nutrients left in the solution and it will require a res change anyway, unless you're planning on topping up with nutrients?

3 people like this

@@stonerwizard

Glad you found your way over here from my last diary Wizard ;)

Labour of love this game :)

@@Freax

Yeah bro, i decided it will keep me busy and stop me from dwelling on the negatives....idle hands and all that.

Yep off on Sunday fora 4 day break with the family, hopefully Mrs Dosti will come around and we can put everything behind us....we can all hope for miracles lol:D

Im hoping that this round is less trouble and stress free than the last one....i have made a promise to myself, if i see that its going all pete-tong and im not feeling the love for it....then i will cull the plants and stop....no more soldering on like last time....this way I'll hopefully stay stress free and in a good mood but hope it doesnt come to that ;)

@@Upton

I plan on having the auto top up so that its just one big res.....basically the water goes from the control bucket to the amazon, then from the amazon to the water butt and then back into the control bucket....so one big loop....yes i plan on dosing the water butt with nutrients...i am a lazy grower....I'm hoping i can leave the system once its set-up for 1 week and just to nutrient changes on the Sunday....your thoughts on that mate?

3 people like this

So two days after sowing the seeds we have signs of life! NOW THAT IS FAST!! - goes to show the quality/viability

of sweet seeds seeds < :D

5 seedlings are breaking the surface of the jiffy pellets

5 Up 280514

Temps are 22c in the room and 27c inside the pellets, now im not 100% sure they hygrometer is right, so i will be purchasing a new one as at 27c they should be warm to touch but that is not the case, the pellets are cool.
I have taken the prop and put it inside the veg tent to stop the seedling that have germinated from getting leggy in search of light whislt I wait for the others to germinate....hope fully in the next few days the remainder will rear their head and i can ditch the prop for the other aero prop.

under lights 280514

4 people like this

Dosti.. Do you live near London?

1 person likes this

Ermm how come @@Upton?