Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

true

Opticlimate water cooled air con / Heater / Dehumidifier all in one -

51 posts in this topic

Local shop was running one with 400v ballest, two bulbs and was using 1.7 lt of water a minute, thank god we don't get charged by the litre for water usage in Scotland!

4 people like this

@@drtiny

Local shop was running one with 400v ballest, two bulbs and was using 1.7 lt of water a minute, thank god we don't get charged by the litre for water usage in Scotland!

Amen brother, otherwise id be bankrupt with all the baths Mrs D takes! lol

2 people like this

What temps was he maintaining with that?

Was it a sealed room?

1 person likes this

What temps was he maintaining with that?

Was it a sealed room?

Big tent, green qube GQ1530S 1.5m x 3m x 2.3m and 27c, two bare bulbs, 400v ballest

1 person likes this

Have a swimming pool setup in the summer and use the water from it, as well as heating the swimming pool you save on water consumption.

anyone on here got one of these ?

@BoomTing They use between 1 and 5 litres per minute so you will need a good excuse for using all that water. If you play dumb they're going to start looking for leaks and they will narrow it down to your house. There was a big grow diary on another forum where a guy had to pull down his grow for that very reason, and I know a guy who uses one and he's had to take it out because the water company were on his case.

1 person likes this

I saw one of these running in the grow shop, he was saying it gets through a ton of water but produces RO (I think that's what he said) which he uses in the res

Certainly couldn't be used if the premises is on a water meter.

:oldtoker:

1 hour ago, Golden Syrup said:

@BoomTing They use between 1 and 5 litres per minute so you will need a good excuse for using all that water. If you play dumb they're going to start looking for leaks and they will narrow it down to your house. There was a big grow diary on another forum where a guy had to pull down his grow for that very reason, and I know a guy who uses one and he's had to take it out because the water company were on his case.

Im not on a water meter tho so how would they ever know

What do you need to know?

Just now, ravsta said:

What do you need to know?

how easy they are to setup are they noisy ?

Quite easy your best off making a frame for it to sit on and you need the condensate to be able to run out via piping and it cant run uphill anywhere otherwise it throws up fault codes,,,15mm cold in and 15mm out the drain....tha main problem is keeping negative presure,,,what size unit are you looking at?

Looking at the 3500, im sick of my fans blaring all the time.

Im still going to use a fan and filter to extract but leave it on 5 or 10% to give me the negative pressure and stop smells and im hoping its going to work like that.

28 minutes ago, BoomTing said:

Looking at the 3500, im sick of my fans blaring all the time.

Im still going to use a fan and filter to extract but leave it on 5 or 10% to give me the negative pressure and stop smells and im hoping its going to work like that.

Im not sure how much air that model kicks out but could find out,,the 6000 model kicks out 1400m/3 of air...so if your using a tent youll have the unit on the outside and connect 10" fan n filter (needs to be over  1400m/3)  to the plemium box which attaches to the back of the unit and then 10" duct into the tent,,,make sure to use acoustic ducting....its pretty much as noisy as the fan n filter so useless if thats the reason your doing it for,,,but an absolute game changer if your struggling with heat and no need for air out

39 minutes ago, ravsta said:

Im not sure how much air that model kicks out but could find out,,the 6000 model kicks out 1400m/3 of air...so if your using a tent youll have the unit on the outside and connect 10" fan n filter (needs to be over  1400m/3)  to the plemium box which attaches to the back of the unit and then 10" duct into the tent,,,make sure to use acoustic ducting....its pretty much as noisy as the fan n filter so useless if thats the reason your doing it for,,,but an absolute game changer if your struggling with heat and no need for air out

I dont understand what you mean with the fan and filter part ?

I just thought i still had a fan and filter on extracting the smells and providing negative pressure (albeit very slow 5-10%)