Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfer Joe

Growing question for breeders

This is more of a general question, but since I'm currently preparing to grow some Think Different, I thought to post it here.

I read a great amount of arguments on forums about the best way to grow pot, and I was wondering if the people who actually grow the strains that the seeds come from to sell provide any definitive info on how to best grow that particular strain?

I would think that people growing a strain commercially have a definite formula for environment, nutrition, lighting, etc. that maximizes their results and consistently produces reliable results.

Is there anywhere that this sort of information is available?

Basic stuff like what sort of soil to use, how many hours of light to give, feeding and watering, environment conditions to maintain, how to harvest, dry and cure, etc.

Is it considered a trade secret or is it the clandestine nature of our gardening that affects people trading knowledge openly?

I figure that people growing tomatoes don't have these problems or can get expert help locally when the need arises.

1 person likes this

I don't know about dutch passion but quite a few breeders have detailed info on their sites and some have info in their shops too. a lot will also happily share this info if you ask online or via email too, coz really they want to see you get the best out of their product. :D

E2a what may be right for the breeder may not suit you which is why this place is invaluable, someone on here is bound to have the knowledge to hook you up :yep:

Edited by Embryo
2 people like this

Thanks, but the info I can find online when buying seeds is very limited. Mostly the blurbs that accompany the strain photos. Some link to reviews by others or forum grow journals by individuals, which is nice, but it's not from the source.

@@Surfer Joe

Hi Joe, what you are asking for is experience, there isn't a set of rules because every grow, environment, problems to overcome, strains, feeds etc. are different.

You are able to get general info from breeders and equipment suppliers but remember they are after a profit and to make a sale.

If you read the diaries on here you will find growers who can help and you will be able to find a system that works for you.

When I started the internet never existed and it took me ten years trial and error to get it right, still make mistakes even now

atb

stu

3 people like this

RQS have a wee chat box on the website where you can ask a pro these kinds of questions. I used it for finding out about optimal timing schedules for their autos.

1 person likes this

Thanks. I also had some RQ seeds that I was thinking of using, so I will look into that.

surfer,

pot grows under such a wide variety of conditions it is hard to recommend a particular 'set' of conditions. It can grow in soil, coco fibre, or hydro, its called weed for a good reason and really is not that hard to grow.

Here are 14 grow diaries of Think Different by customers, click the link and then click the tab that says 'more info' in the centre of the screen. http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/cannabis-seeds/product/think-different/

You can also go to the websites of the nutrient manufacturers who have detailed feeding programs - maybe thats the kind of thing you are after?

good luck, and while you are here check out the competition grow diary from the legendary Organic Jim, its a sticky thread in the main Dutch Passion page.

2 people like this