Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AutoMaster

(Nieuw) Dutch Passion ORANGE HILL SPECIAL Grow Journal

58 posts in this topic

The new Dutch Passion "Orange Hill Special" will be trialed here; by Automaster.

My Dutch passion Blog;= (Nieuw Stam Poto Dam) ORANGE HILL SPECIAL Fem/Reg.

My kit is thus;
11.65 cubic mtr space 2.5 by 2.2 floor space
100mm/580m2/hr thermo fan carbon both ends, out side carbon Y piece with 2 pheat filters on Y exit
filtered external air in assisted by 200m2/hr push fan
lighting = led & hps winter. Summer replace hps with led photon 189 & 126
nutes = genesis = micro, grow 2, & bloom & nothing else except pk13/14 boost + vit & mins. And a few drops of rizotonic in early stages in 30ltr res.
water = RO & tap water buffered to 150ppm then ph then nutes in at 21c Tap water background Ec is 0.2 to 0.3 = 100ppm/150ppm so deduct this from any Ec statements to get nute Ec.
soil = vermiculite and lime free sand in J inns potting on compy nothing else.
A 100mm duct taking hot air from ceiling and mixing with cold air at floor level ozone gen mixed in too, = homogenous room temp top to bottom. winter RH booster to keep my (VPD) vapor pressure deficit in the green !! temp 26c.

The seeds where put straight into the 6ltr pots, 10mm deep 100ml ph'ed water, then covered with clingfilm to give green house effect. 10 OHS went in and 9 came out the morning of day 3 from 1st wetting. This is where i run days from 1st wetting. So here they are, at;

Day 6; orange Hill Seedlings, quite vigorous !!.... looking forward to day 100 !!

Ec 0.4 Ph 6.1 Nute 100/125ppm

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 5 014

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 5 015

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 5 022

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 5 021

Day 11; orange Hill Seedlings,
Ec 0.43 Ph 6.2

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 11 003

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 11 007

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 11 012

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 11 008

Day 15; orange Hill Seedlings,
Ec 4.5 Ph 6.3

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 15 003

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 15 004

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 15 012

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 15 010

Very homogenous pheno/geno at this age, but looking like
the they will retain this trait, as we go through. No issues so far.
Ps; If, you not sure what VPD (vapor Pressure Deficit) is. Here is the bones of it, it is a great influence on the outcomes. below;

http://www.just4growers.com/stream/t...ur-plants.aspx
Will be applying this method to the OHS on this journal, post 35 day,s veg. Do look good might cost a few extra days, but 100% of energy is directed to where it is needed most, "The Fruits"....
This is a great read. Hold in mind though, if topped (Fem/Reg) before 35/40 days or before micro pre sex, the plant may have a tendency to throw a few "Staminates" around day 60 or after. So i will be vegging for 35/40 day's, then cutting back to 3rd node, for training, as tutorial above............AM....
3 people like this

Hi Automaster,great to see one of your detailed grows starting. My OHS are at 2wks today,so we're running along beside eachother.All the best for a great grow. :yep:

1 person likes this

Impressive too....lol

1 person likes this

Hi Automaster,great to see one of your detailed grows starting. My OHS are at 2wks today,so we're running along beside eachother.All the best for a great grow. :yep:

Hey, canny b,.cheers for dropping in, will follow your new OHS alongside bredren. Are they clones or beans Bro ??....

...the orangie specials. At 50% Indica & 50% sativa, @21% it pack a good punch yea ??.sweet too i bet, AM

What you need is one of these on a cracking hot summers day we defo got coming bro !!..............

Day 38 Euforia Fwr Day 17 008

..........to top it you would need to be in the vondel (Blond) park, in Denaderland's !! AM......"The Land Of Orange"............and the purist bier a man can drink !! triple class "A" yeasts you know ...AM
Edited by AutoMaster
1 person likes this

Impressive too.... lol

Impressive too.... lol

Voso....... thanks for coment, and hope you pop in again soon............this will be my heaviest weight journey yet, i hope !!.........the orange fem usually dose a 100 no sweat !!.........maybe not in my hand though !!

Wonder how henk is getting on at Spanabis right now. Hope tony puts the OHS in for the HTC in Dam, as yet the team are undicided, however the OHS has been short listed !! No presure then !!....AM

1 person likes this

Day 24 update;

OHS has put on quite a bit since last update at day 21. Day 24 OHS Ec 0.45 Ph 6.3

Ten days from now i will be cutting back to the 3rd main node above cotty set. The nodes below no 3, will also be taken off the plant. The aim is 4 colas to left side, and four colas to right side of OHS. Like all those little popcorns that wast energy, and end up a few g's of BHO. All that energy budget will go to 8no large colas on each. Around half to three quarter of a zip, times 8no. OHS Day 24 >>>

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 24 001

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 24 003

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 24 005

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 24 012

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 24 015

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 24 004

This little fella makes ten from a ten pack on germ.
Was past ten days, put soil from dead pop into another OHS,
to top up soil sag, and water in.
Nxt day there where 2 OHS girls in the pot ! so around day 8 to 10 !

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 24 011

1st root to show at pot bottom 2day.
another 5-6 days before potting into final 15L. And selection for ongrowing also. AM...
Edited by AutoMaster

Hi AM,

your OHS are looking fine there. My OHS are fem seed. Germ'd four.One failure,one runt,culled n' two good seedlings,the second two i germed. Similar size to yours when i saw them yesterday. Having read your post on topping yours at third node above the cotty,then removing the nodes below no 3.Do you then get your four stems to the left n' four to the right by topping twice again? Canny's confused. A bit like the guy handing the free glasses of Heineken round at the end of the Amsterdam Heineken brewery tour,when he arrived at our table only to find us,(me n' four Aussies),tired of waiting,sipping from freshly opened cans of Fosters that one of the Aussies had in her basket.lol.His protestations fell on deaf ears.Of course the Heineken beat the Fosters hands down for taste. I liked your Grolshe. If i can get my head around it,I'd like to follow your method of topping with one of my OHS to compare growth. I've done a similar topping n' then lst'ing to four Jorge's Diamonds that are in my prepetual sog. They're in 4/5th wk of bloom n' have,i think 8 tops on each. I've been using 10ltr Airpots but am gonna go up to a 15ltr pot for the two 'The Edge' n' two OHS that are vegging now. atb. :yep:

1 person likes this

Nice work automaster

1 person likes this

Day 31 Update OHS;

All OHS repotted to 15ltr air pots home made. Same soil as 6ltr on-grower. With added RHS "RootGrow" granules in bottom of 6ltr pot soil siluette during 15ltr on potting.

The girls are cracking on quite a bit, strong growth showing.

All OHS Gynoecious strain, have shown micro pre sex at between 28 and 31 days, bang on schedule, showing low stress environment.

Ec is same 0.45 = inc 0.25 (Tap Ec) so 150ppm nute inc rizotonic. Ph 6.3 veg.

Cut 4 down to mainline the plant. back to 3rd node and bonded them down horizontally. The four that showed sex on day 28 !!...........the rise of "Ethylene" sex hormone !!..........

The canopy is running at 15k to 23k total lux at metering. i like to keep it around 20,000 lux veg and push upto 24-26,00 lux for fruitification. VPD is within 30-50% RH 45% canopy 26.5c.

The mainlinning takes some minerals !! as to cut back to 3rd node at pre-sex means taking away around 80% of the plant volume, see pic below; Only had the minerals to main 4no OHS, bet i am going to wish i

i had done more !! It will cost me 8-14 days in recovery, but maining post pre sex ensure a healthy root matrix to power good recovery, which you dont have maining to early in the plants life etc......

420,ers Here they are, Orange Hill Special @ D/31 from 1st wetting beans >> Very pleased so far, maining prune bouncing back already !! OHS >>>

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 004

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 005

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 006

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 008

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 011

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 020

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 021

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 023

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 025

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 026

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 31 002

The mainlining bond to 1st pair, then 4 left 4 right = 8 colas

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 33 bond mains 001

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 33 bond mains 002

OHS

Delta 9 carb Bonds

DP Photo Booth

4 people like this

looks interesting Auto, can't wait to see how the training works out.

1 person likes this

Orange Update; 39 days;

Firing on all branches,........will be switching 12/12 tommorrow at day 40. Thats 6 weeks veg from wetting beans. so 5 weeks if you count from seedling stage. All fully sexed now, throwing pistilate all over.

Upping (Nute) Ec by 0.125, and will feed veg nute for 3wks from 12/12, these are large fruit strains, and need the N in early stages of fruitification.

Still running 18,000/21,000 Lux at canopy, temps upto 28.5c Low 22c.RH 45-48% 18/6. Upping Ph (Potenz of Hydrogen) to 6.4 in early flowering.

Must say what a trouble free ride so far, and have kept nute EC below 0.3.This is because i am trying to avoid excessive salt build up in root matrix, from pushing up Ph to early, and avoiding an end of veg flush etc.

House of "Orange Hill Special" 39 days; And are looking very nice indeed at the mo very pleased so far >>

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 001

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 002

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 006

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 011

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 012

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 016

OHS

The OHS "Maining" Experiment;
I started a couple before pre sex, risky i know, but wanted to compare to the 2 OHS i started maining after sexing and staggered branching.
You can see the branching on these, and the parallel nodes of the pre sex maining, With any luck, during the next 3 weeks final stretch, these will shoot up a fair bit, then into flower formation. OHS >>>
Un-Branched Mains

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 003

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 004

Branched Mains

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 005

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 008

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 009

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 009

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 010

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 014

OHS

DP Photo Booth

Thanks for dropping in; AM. Dp OHS,
Greatly, looking forward to flower formation with this strain, which will be large in format, and with it, as with all "Big Bud" the threat of "Pythium" & Botrytis. At Rh above 60% ! let the baptism of Budderidge begin !! AM...
Edited by AutoMaster
4 people like this

Looking good man. I've not seen many folk doing this mate, hope you can pull it off big style. all the best mate

1 person likes this

Looking good man. I've not seen many folk doing this mate, hope you can pull it off big style. all the best mate

Thanks for dropping in rabs................this is what we are aiming for, even though they only have 21 days left on veg nutes. They all went 12/12 yesty !!...................still time for the mains to push up a bit more before the flower start pushing in rab...............we shall see.................i recon if the mains where full vegged, they would delay the finish by around 21 to 28 days. But the yield is min 35% on top to compensate !!...............AM

Heres where we are aiming.........................8 pot colas.........by Nuggbuckets.....

Nuggs 8 Pot colas maining

Phase 2 started now..............mains................AM

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 39 003

Edited by AutoMaster
4 people like this

looks interesting Auto, can't wait to see how the training works out.

I am working on it Tone !..............hopefully my 1st maining attempt will bear fruits !!...........i am hoping so, now they are 12/12 tone...................thanks for the encouragement anyhow DP bredren ...........AM...

i here "Spannabis" was mental Tone............shore did look yummy bro............thanks for dropping in Tony, allway's a pleasure to see yuz man;........

....AM

Here is the link Tone av a butchers man.....

http://www.growweedeasy.com/main-lining-technique-nugbuckets#how-early-can-i-start-main-lining-plants AM...

Edited by AutoMaster

Coming along nicly auto mate

1 person likes this