Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dannychoo

Rust spots, LSF?

Hi all. I noticed what I would call rust spots on my Sweet Seeds Auto SAD couple a days ago and wondered if it was Leaf spot fungus.

The offending spots are on the larger fan leafs which started out at the bottom up and not limited to the older fan leaves i.e. spread to other nodal stems' fan leafs.

Some pics of the spots:

A picture of some leafs I removed a couple of days ago.

They started out in 500ml pots which were started in B&Q seedling soil. Was water and some PM beneficials (root stim, catalyst and bio-silicon) every other feeding.

They were transplanted to 6.5ltrs, with some PM granules. Since then they've again had PM beneficials every other feed, which I stopped last watering and decided to put 1ml /ltr of PM Bloom. They are fed 3L of this mix at the moment every 3 days.

This particular plant was closest to the inttake fan which is directed upwards at a 6" clip on fan that's directed towards the HPS.

I'm curious whether my decision the other day to put the intake duct from the window has affected them. I did this because temps were getting slightly hot due to radiators, Room temp as a result, hotter than usual from the cold lately. The intake is usually just taken from outside the room rather than from the window/outside.

ETA: temperatures - at ground level, ~18 to 23C; at canopy level, ~20 to 25C (the day I took the duct to the window drawing fresh air in was at 28C); Humidity is around 40-50%

Lights are currently ~25cm away.

Can it really be nute burns? Seems strange from just water and beneficials up to their first feed of Bloom...

Or Mg deficiency ? They're not in a "praying" shape though... and not really yellowing from the tip.

ETA2: added some whole plant photos:

Edited by dannychoo

Cold I'd say pal root zone want to be 20-22 as inside the pot is a few degrees lower.

Root it thermostats are good for up to 500 watt of heating, and meat thermometers/probes are good for a quick test.

1 person likes this

Cold I'd say pal root zone want to be 20-22 as inside the pot is a few degrees lower.

Root it thermostats are good for up to 500 watt of heating, and meat thermometers/probes are good for a quick test.

Thanks for the reply Bud :) I did purchase a Tube Heater the other day, 60W 1 foot to fit in my hydrolab 60 but haven't put in yet. I'm curious to know how to go about placement?

Obviously you put it at ground level, but the instructions states a necessity for clearance / gap from heater.

I'll have a test run with it now and see what kind of temperatures it gives off so I can gauge it for a timer setting.

I don't really want to purchase too many items but it seems a probe-temp timer such as the Root it thermo might be necessary :/

You can pop them in the intake ducting to pre warm the air, I have them next to pots but have good airflow around them with either the intake blowing on them or a 9" fan blowing air down towards them. Or both. I use 400w oil radiators in a bigger space too. It looks like they are getting cold so are droopy, not drinking/feeding right and that's what's created the yellowing and weakness which can cause the spots LSF.

I'm suffering it a little on mine and that's with 3x3ft tube heaters and a 400w rad. My roots are about 18-20, canopy isn't too much a concern but general airtemps of 24 is meant to be ideal for photosynthesis.

Also a bit of grow wouldn't have gone a miss prior to bloom, as seedling soil isn't very fortified.

Edited by Budelaire
1 person likes this

@@Budelaire I'll have a fiddle about with the temps from the tube heater, rearrange the intake to blow on it instead of upwards towards a 6" fan that's blowing at the light. Both the 6" fan and intake only comes on 15 mins before lights and 15mins before dark.

I'm amazed that even with that much heating you're getting some colder temps too!

re: Grow - my bad, I started off in seedling soil and transplanted to 6.5ltr of PM soil. This should theoretically hold enough nutes for about 3-5 wks I'm told.

My last grow (which is 2-3 weeks away from chop), was started in plagnon batmix soil and then PM soil so it tells its own story of how i've changed my method. I got nitrogen toxicity about 5 weeks in last time because of over-nutes and then droopy yellow leaves because of under-watering after flush lol.

Edited by dannychoo

We live, we learn and hopefully we get stoned now and then, more now than then.

Grow Chum.