Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dannychoo

UK420 - Liverpool F.C. Fan Club

2,137 posts in this topic

Hi all :)

I noticed there was a Chavski and Hull Tigers fan thread, and a lack of the Mighty Reds one here. So I thought I'd ask if there are any Liverpool tokers here :stoned:

Since it's transfer day, my attention has been locked on the potential signing of Yevhen Konoplyanka from Ukraine's FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk. The latest news as of 3:57pm is that the deal is:

Latest quotes from LFC target Yevhen Konoplyanka's agent as reported by our colleagues at Mirror Football

"Deal very unlikely. We have a very good relationship with the president Kolomoyskyi. He doesn't want to sell...
"Yehven and his father respect that."
Deal off?
"No. Not yet. But it's very unlikely."

:( But hope it goes through. If it does we can play Coutinho as a #10 behind Suarez and Sturridge, and we all know how good he is :)

Medical has been done to save time, and I believe Ian Ayre is over in Ukraine to try and broker a deal... Seems we didn't go for him because Salah was a cheaper option, which is why we didn't want to pay as much as Chelsea for him.

Thought I'd leave this here ;)

and 2005 HT Istanbul ;)

YNWA

Edited by dannychoo
7 people like this

Kopite through and through, born and raised in this urban haven haha.. He's a bloody quality player what's his face, I'll call him yehven haha. NO bitter bluenose bastards allowed!!

1 person likes this

Hi @@dheen :) Welcome to the thread :D

I believe it's pronounced Ko-no-planka (cue opposition fans song about him being a plonker ;):wanker: )

I'm from down south but have been a Liverpool supporter since I can remember! (29 this year). LFC takes up pretty much every minute of my waking hours lol. Usually go with my two good mates to Anfield and have recently got their 65+ year old dad to come along again too :) They're originally from Wallasey.

Going to Arsenal game next week, should be a cracker!

Another Kopite here. Born 10 miles or so from Anfield.

I'm loving the return to form that we've all been witnessing. LFC look to be the real deal now and, whilst we won't take 1st spot I think we'll definitely be in Champs League next season. Been waiting for this for so long now.

1 person likes this

@@Twisted Rizla Heya Pal :) 10 miles = stone throw away! haha.

Definitely think we'll get top four this year, otherwise we'll lose too many assets - Suarez being one of them.

Whilst some fans have been disgruntled with the way we missed out on Salah, I do like how we've got 3 major advertising partners this month - Dunkin' Donuts, Vauxhall and that Asian Airline. This is so far away from that diabolical Souness era/transition where we failed to capitalize on our success. Not saying we should have sold our souls, but influx of money is helpful - especially in this multi-billion business the Prem is now.

Following this at the moment:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-transfer-deadline-day-latest-6645642

e2a: apparently £20m for that Kono lad

Edited by dannychoo

Big Liverpool fan here. Although I'm not a native, my dear old late Granddad was a Toxeth lad, spent many hours watching footie with him, he molded me...

2 people like this

@@dannychoo

Yes mate, to lose Suarez at this time would be a complete disaster so the top 4 is vital.

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get Salah but I guess it's not the end of the world. However, if we don't get Yeheven we won't have got anyone and I'd have liked to have seen the squad strengthened slightly. There's still a few holes in the defence, not sure about Cissokho, Flannigan is better.

I do like how we've got 3 major advertising partners this month - Dunkin' Donuts, Vauxhall and that Asian Airline

What's that about? New sponsors for next season?

1 person likes this

@@BigJohnny Heya Fella :) Welcome :)

Watering plants, so keep this short ;)

3 new sponsors yes, dunkin will be our tea makers at Anfield, Melwood etc, and Asian Airlines for our travelling needs and training kit sponsorship - actually used them last year's tour in Asia. Not sure what Vauxhall is in terms of supply but a sponsor none-the-less.

I actually felt we should have used Flanna down the left side and Kelly on the right vs Villa... Our midfield was so disjointed too. Got faith that Capt Fantastic can once again quell criticism that he's not capable of playing Def. Mid. - ffs he's proven he can play all positions!

1 person likes this

Yep, another One here ;)

1 person likes this

Evertons-new-crest-008.jpg

:bag: Sorry, couldn't resist....

Edited by ANCB
1 person likes this

Evertons-new-crest-008.jpg

:bag: Sorry, couldn't resist....

That's ok:

liverpoolvsBitters

:rofl:
Edited by dannychoo
9 people like this

Big Liverpool fan here. Although I'm not a native, my dear old late Granddad was a Toxeth lad, spent many hours watching footie with him, he molded me...

I see why you were upset at losing 3-1 to Hull CITY now

3 people like this