Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marvellous_Mark

Light distance from cuttings, veg and flower

Hi Guys,

I have 20 blue cheese cuttings that I' am potting tomorrow but I' m unsure what distance to keep that lights at throughout the grow (newbie)

I intial thoughts are roughly 1 meter after potting the cuttings, then after a week moving it down to roughly 50cm for the rest of veg and flower. I will be using the 'back of the hand' test at this point as well ;)

What distance and for how long do you keep the lights from your plants from cuttings, during veg and flower?

Cheers

ps I' am using 4 x 600w lights!

Now that would all depend on what lights you are using.. lol

They are 600w hps ballast

are they in cool tubes or hoods with fan is so start at 18" good rule of thumb is stick your hand under for a min if it burns your hand or gets hot it be to hot for plants as well

Id probly suggest quite high at first (4/5 feet) until they get sum legs, and in my experience they dont like/need that much heat/light at such a young age....

After theyve doubled in size, i would lower them a tad to maybe 3/4 feet depending on how tall u actually want to take ur plants...

There is probly a lot more qualified/experienced people on here that could/would maybe tell u diff...

Key is, find what works for u, keep it simple, and when ur more experienced venture out of ur comfort zone

Stay green folks