Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vapefiend

Arizer Solo

919 posts in this topic

my friend who purchased the firefly second hand through eBay has been onto firefly regarding the poor performance, and has now found out his firefly is a knock-off from eBay. He has'nt a leg to stand on , the seller has long gone off ebay, no details.

If you're buying a vaporiser online, do yourselves a favour and use vapefiend :)

Thanks for the update @@TheManTheyCallG, sadly there are loads of fakes out there now. We've seen knockoff Arizer Solos, Arizer Airs, Pax 1 and 2, Craftys, Extreme Qs, Volcanos, Dabbies and Fireflys. Some look better than others, but none of them perform very well, and they are all made of cheap and probably unsafe materials.

3 people like this

Yup, dodgy knockoffs from China generally.

Buy cheap, buy twice !!!

Loving my Arizer solo bought directly from Vapefiend. So much so that when I return home from holiday I shall be buying the add on tubes for even better enjoyment !

A friend has just purchased one of your Arizer solos and the smell proof case after trying mine last weekend.

One down, quite a few to convert, am impressing people wherever I go.

Loving it still :)

2 people like this

I have had a solo for about 2 years and have noticed the battery is only lasting 2-3 cycles lately. I am thinking of getting one of the high capacity batteries. Has anyone tried changing a battery? How many cycles will I get with the 3400mah battery?

PS I have tried other vapes and nothing comes close to the solo for me. It is well built, robust and ultra portable. If anyone is thinking of switching I would recommend the solo.

2 people like this

f*@k it im getting 1 :-)

thanks to every1 for the info in this thread, really helpful.

2 people like this

@@4plenty

I upgraded the battery on mine after a couple of years, gives it a whole new lease of life and improves performance no end. Recommend it

1 person likes this

Hi. looking for help with a solo problem. used it for at least 2 years, then lent to mate hes had it over a year, but its not been touched for nearly a year. battery was at about 50% when lent. got it back last night and works perfectly, but it needed charging. so when i charge only the idle blue light flashes and it doesnt charge any more. its my spare as my air is my no1 so no problem, but cant find the same problem when i look online. odds on it wants a new battery as its ancient, but i would like to know exactly what the problem is just incase its not the battery. so has anyone had this problem?? its the newer model M1. many thanks for any answers..

Just ordered the new Solo 2 from Vapefiend.......can't wait......:yahoo:

:oldtoker:

3 people like this

On 20/06/2017 at 5:04 PM, stu914 said:

Just ordered the new Solo 2 from Vapefiend.......can't wait......:yahoo:

:oldtoker:

Currently charging my new Solo 2 received this morning.........Blinding Service from Vapefiend as usual........:yep:

Thanks Guys I'm really looking forward to trying it out, my old one, though battered and bruised after nearly 4 years, is still going strong......

(I'll post a report once I've given it a damned good hammering............:rofl:)

atb

stu:oldtoker:

Edited by stu914
5 people like this

@vapefiend

Okey Dokey..........now for the Solo 2.......

I've only the original to compare with, but for someone who has the first Solo and thinking of upgrading,

or anyone looking for a multi-purpose quality vape, then here's my review.....in no particular order......

Heats up really fast and keeps steady at temperature even when in use. No smell......(though this may be strain dependant)

Could just be the euphoria of a new toy, but I swear the buzz is better/different......:unsure:

The draw resistance is far lighter than the original, even though the stems supplied have smaller holes,

this resistance can be lessened yet more by using the original solo stem (the cheap basic one) as the holes are larger

Better taste and vape production than the original probably due to the lighter draw.

Stealthwise it's almost the same size (lengthwise) as my ecig mod and tank, which makes it less obvious out and about.

Build quality is better, especially the base which is now metal rather than plastic...:yep:

All told a solid reliable vape which can be used anywhere and I would expect it to last for a good few years.......:yep:

Fabulous piece of kit........chuffed to bits.....:yahoo:

cheers

stu:oldtoker:

Edited by stu914
9 people like this

@stu914 Cheers for the mini review dude, I have one on order being delivered today from Vapefiend, I stopped using my OG Solo ages ago when the battery started to get worn out. 

I have got it mainly for nostalgic reasons and also some times  I find my Cloud Evo a bit much so I plan on using it as 2nd home unit when I want a more mellow session.

The big battery, fast heat up time and better airflow seem to be the main upgrades all of which sound great.

I will report back later when it arrives.

Edited by Smokebelch
3 people like this

I received my Solo 2 yesterday and I am well happy with my purchase:)

The battery is beast, I lost count yesterday but I reckon it was around 25 to 30 eight minute sessions ranging from 170c to 200c. The heat up time is amazing, my unit takes 28 seconds from stone cold to 180c. The airflow is slightly better than the Air but it's still a little restrictive which I dont mind. As above I too find the OG Solo stems have bigger holes than the newer ones and they have better flow as a result.

I found it quite nostalgic using the long stems again and I dug out some old bent ones too which took me right back to when I started vaping.

The unit feels great in the hand and has nice weight and quality feel to it. The OLED display is good quality and I especially like the fact you can program session cutout time ranging from 5 to 15 minutes. You can also adjust the screen brightness, the volume of the beep and how long you need to press the on button for to fire it up.

The only thing so far that lets it down a bit for me that the plastic on the menu/on off button seems a bit cheap and not as good quality as the rest of the unit, it works fine though so maybe I am just nit picking, maybe a metal one like on the Air would have been a better choice.

I am off around my mates later and we are going to put it through it paces, We are going to pre load a load of stems then take it in turns and have one long session until the battery is gone, I will count the sessions and set a stop watch to time the length of time it lasts.

For me the fast heat up time and big capacity battery are the best thing about this updated Solo, well worth the purchase for these 2 reasons alone.

Edited by Smokebelch
3 people like this

Thrilled to hear you guys are liking the Solo2, we've been really impressed by it and have hardly put it down at the Vapeloft! It also fills a bubbler very nicely!

4 people like this

Just a little update, the airflow through the device is a lot better than I thought, I was packing a little too much in the stem, now I have found the sweet spot after packing more loosely the air flow is way better.

I have hardly put it down either, it's an excellent session vape made even better by not having to worry about running the battery down and charging it up halfway through a long session.

Another thing I love is the way it vapes really well at low temps, I like to start at 175c but you can get nice flavour visible vapour at 165c. It works really well upping the temp over 2 or 3 eight minute sessions and I like to finish at 195 

Edited by Smokebelch
3 people like this

Seems like the Solo2 is the to way to go. My solo one has been great until the. Wiring finally packed up on head.

2 people like this