Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vapefiend

Arizer Solo

939 posts in this topic

Thanks man, I've meant to check them out too, there page doesn't open on IPad so will check on Laptop later.

Would love a Mothership one day but there €1000 , big difference from €40 haha

I want a Mentalist hoop or shower ring, I want a 14mm joint but I can't find one in stock anywhere yet.

2 people like this

@@vapefiend I've got permission to purchase! I'd best strike while the oven is hot.... I'd prefer a black Solo I think but it's out of stock. Any idea when they'll be back in? If it's going to be a while I'll crack on with the silver...

Cheers

1 person likes this

@@utokia it'll be a couple of weeks at least I'm afraid- more delays at the Arizer factory. We do have the DaVinci Ascent in black though.

For you guys with the wooden stem - whats the fit like, snug or loose?

As just had to go back to using the stock stem after breaking my snug fitting PVHES, and its way looser than I remember :unsure:

I know I could get the o-ring, but i like the idea of being able to put a stem in the case with the Solo, without worrying about it breaking!

Edited by cypher79

@@vapefiend Ahhh no worries, I'll probably order the silver :) It's a small cosmetic difference... I'll If it were actual brushed stainless steel I'd go for that in a snap over black though! :)

As just had to go back to using the stock stem after breaking my snug fitting PVHES, and its way looser than I remember :unsure:

I know I could get the o-ring, but i like the idea of being able to put a stem in the case with the Solo, without worrying about it breaking!

My PVHE stem us slightly snugger fit than stock, but bear in mind there'll be differences between them all I guess as they're hand blown.

Imo the O ring is worth installing.

Edited by DD2001

I don't use a o ring as I just would not fit I cut it down got it in but fell like ild rather just not use it

My eds TNT stem is very snug fit you can lift the solo with the stem maybe even shake it?

@@vapefiend Ahhh no worries, I'll probably order the silver :) It's a small cosmetic difference... I'll If it were actual brushed stainless steel I'd go for that in a snap over black though! :)

I have a silver one now I have it wouldn't want a black one they look really nice in the metal

2 people like this

I have a silver one now I have it wouldn't want a black one they look really nice in the metal

I'll soon have a silver one too :) I'm sure I'll love it :oldtoker:

I don't use a o ring as I just would not fit I cut it down got it in but fell like ild rather just not use it

My eds TNT stem is very snug fit you can lift the solo with the stem maybe even shake it?

Yea, you can rattle it a little but not a lot? It has the 4 vents in the side though which act like some kind of Pvhe thing I reckon? Anyway it works.

Nope mine is in there tight so tight I can shake the solo with the stem and it dose not full unless I really go at it but as they are hand made they so they will verry a lil

yes if you line the holes up with the ones in the solo you get better air flow

Yea, you can rattle it a little but not a lot? It has the 4 vents in the side though which act like some kind of Pvhe thing I reckon? Anyway it works.

Don't know if anyone else has this issue but I've noticed the wooden stems eat up battery a little quicker than the stock glass ones.

Think the metal end is slightly less efficient in terms of battery use as it conducts the heat away from the unit quicker, and requires more power to fully heat.

Only ime tho!

I think you maybe on to sum thing with the wood stem I have started to let the unit heat 1st then put in the stem I do find the unit fells hotter at the top with the wood stem

I always let the unit heat up first before putting the stem in, even with glass stems. This way you can keep the cap down while it heats up, so it heats up faster, and it means you get the freshest flavour when you do put the stem in. I believe this is what the manual tells you to do.

@@vapefiend Yay! Mine arrived today - thanks for the speedy posting.

Just got back from work and unboxed it, got it on charge now while I type. First impressions - despite me watching countless vids, it's smaller than I thought! So cute and dinky. The silver is much nicer in real life too, so yeah @@cityslang - they do look really nice with the metallic finish.

I am sure I read some 'first use' tips somewhere... now was that on here or the 1000+ post FC thread..? ;)

2 people like this