Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deadcock

300W LED Purple Cheese Automatic Grow

69 posts in this topic

I'm all for debate and chat etc, but in the right place. This is deadlocks grow diary where he can show off his plants/equipment etc

To be honest I think it's unfair to clutter his journal with all this LED vs HPS talk ,there are hundreds of threads where all this info can be found with a quick google search

Unless deadlock doesn't mind??, in which case I will zip it and just continue to read lol

Cheers man, yeah good point dude, its just all about the growing.

Good results or not, ill still post for all to see.

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

Yes please do mate , I find new things very interesting , ESPECIALY when it's proven to work by way of pictures

Keep up the good work

:yep:

1 person likes this

Oh i see you should of said a 150 HPS then, or is it? i could run a 250W at a lot lower voltage then a 150 HPS ballast but i wouldnt get the Lumens now would i?

But i can see your point but LEDs do not draw what output wattage they emit. Simple. Its less, but im not gonna argue for the sake of arguing.

There are dudes that have taken pics of their electric usage using LED's compared to HPS, im not trudging through them threads again t prove my point, bet you check it out mate.

There are thousands of ballasts out there, i dont know them all, ill admit that, so you could be right, so

Ill say again AND reiterate, you show me a hps thats the same output (lumens) AND cheaper to run AND cooler then my 300W LED and ill use that instead. Cant be fairer then that.

Yeah ill just keep posting the pics.....let the electronics arguments fly over my head and let the 'more qaulified to argue' deal with it,

Peace All. :yinyang:

oh dear ..your not getting it are you ..ill try and be as simplistic as i can

i have two toasters ..one is black and uses 2 heating elements ..one is red and uses 4 heating elements ,both are 200 watts ..i plug them in for an hour ..they both cost the same to run .although one has double the output ,they still consume the same amount of electricity .so from what you are saying leds use less ,no they dont ..they still consume the same electric the outputs are different though ..and to be fair the outputs cannot be compared unless your comparing p,a.r.

1 person likes this

I'm all for debate and chat etc, but in the right place. This is deadlocks grow diary where he can show off his plants/equipment etc

To be honest I think it's unfair to clutter his journal with all this LED vs HPS talk ,there are hundreds of threads where all this info can be found with a quick google search

Unless deadlock doesn't mind??, in which case I will zip it and just continue to read lol

fair play ,sorry deadlock.

2 people like this

Yo All, Day 14 on my Purple Joys. Pic Time, All looking good, number four is slowly catching up but stem looks strong, she might be late but she'll get there.

Theyve had 1 Ml of BioBizz Grow, In a 2 litre Bottle. Start them off slowly, Responded very well. :yinyang:

Heres all 4 together;

gallery_79463_6286_26158.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_26962.jpg

Number 1

gallery_79463_6286_198553.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_250922.jpg

Number 2

gallery_79463_6286_265539.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_100813.jpg

Number 3

gallery_79463_6286_234281.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_209771.jpg

Number 4 : looking stronger by the day

gallery_79463_6286_151230.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_285516.jpg

All looking good, roll on Day 21..

Peace All. :yinyang:

No matter what light is being used .200 watts of led is the same price to run as 200watts of cfl 200watts of hps /mh ..stop thinking its cheaper ..its only cheaper if you reduce how many watts you are using .

Sorry bro your right but all so wrong as you say 200w is 200w no matter what but LEDS lie to us

200w hps pull around 225/230w

200w cfl pull around 205w

225w led black star pulls 125w

So just as a example you see led is cheaper to run not because its watt vs watt but because most LEDs lie with power ratting

Deadlock got my eyes on this bro looking sweet

1 person likes this

Sorry bro your right but all so wrong as you say 200w is 200w no matter what but LEDS lie to us

200w hps pull around 225/230w

200w cfl pull around 205w

225w led black star pulls 125w

So just as a example you see led is cheaper to run not because its watt vs watt but because most LEDs lie with power ratting

Deadlock got my eyes on this bro looking sweet

Cheers mate. THAT was what i was tring to explain, but just couldnt be bothered, i think Peeps should Google an amswer before stomping around my thread with their big old boots on.

New Thread Entitled "LED VS HPS on Wattage" Please Mr Moderator. :smokin:

I dont know, these 'old timer' electicians lol , oh shite, thats me aswell. lol

UPDATE! Im building a new double drobe for these and on request from a great dude ill be starting another thread journalising me building it.

To help all out there in the green green world of stealth growing.

Rightyo back to the Grow.

Peace All.

1 person likes this

Looking realky good dude, due to paranoia I havent updated my diary in 3 weeks :rofl:

Liking the LED vs.HPS debate, all I can say is that.HPS burns a fat whole in my wallet & makes the big energy corps even fatter & rich..

Atb :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Cheers mate. THAT was what i was tring to explain, but just couldnt be bothered, i think Peeps should Google an amswer before stomping around my thread with their big old boots on.

New Thread Entitled "LED VS HPS on Wattage" Please Mr Moderator. :smokin:

I dont know, these 'old timer' electicians lol , oh shite, thats me aswell. lol

UPDATE! Im building a new double drobe for these and on request from a great dude ill be starting another thread journalising me building it.

To help all out there in the green green world of stealth growing.

Rightyo back to the Grow.

Peace All.

lol well said fella :spliff:

great news you have decided to do a build thread, the other spaces we can see little bits of look like works of art so im sure you will build another fantastic Drobe

cant wait for this thread to start

gl mate and nice update BTW , they look very happy and healthy

1 person likes this

Yo All, Hope everyones ok and had a good weekend, I finally finished building my new double drobe, made from Oak and slightly bigger then the old one..which sadly got...Burnt on a bonfire saturday night!

lol Best way for it to go after serving its Duty.

Onwards and Upwards Tho!

Heres a pic of my finished Cab.

gallery_79463_6286_287181.jpg

With My Girls Snugly in there.

gallery_79463_6286_248386.jpg

As promised i will be showing the complete build of this cab and will post a link to that thread from here.

Peace All.

:yinyang: :yinyang: :yinyang: :yinyang:

Edited by Deadlock
3 people like this

Nice skills

Edited by op8

Hi all, Heres my purple ladies doing really well in their new homes, temps are normal. Got these on 2 Ml per Litre of BioBizz Grow + Plant Magic CalMag + (for a bit extra) and they're loving it.

gallery_79463_6286_81827.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_131014.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_160733.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_124380.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_100714.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_180203.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_6803.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_154850.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_85553.jpg

gallery_79463_6286_25344.jpg

Temps & RH

gallery_79463_6286_14711.jpg

1 person likes this

They're looking mighty fine...And that drobe looks excellent..i wish i could build summat like that , but i can't even cut a length of 2*2 in half with a straight cut..chuffin useless with wood me!

must be due an update deadlock fella :smokin: hehe